Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 15452 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2013, 04:36:22 pm »

My bird person duel wields a sticky-flare mine grenade launcher and a sword. This is the best game of 2013.
Isn't it still pretty linear and regimented at the moment? :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »

I don't get that, there's some tutorials, then you literally have 2 (4) universes to explore after you do the correct things, it is beta v. Indignant koala anyway, speaking of, anyone heard of the game called no mans sky? It's so ambitious, it's the first game in existence without a skybox, I'll go ahead and wait for you to figure out what that means...
Done? Good! IF YOU SEE A TREE MILES AWAY, YOU CAN GO TO IT, IF YOU SEE A BRIGHT STAR LIGHT YEARS AWAY, YOU CAN GET IN YOUR SPACESHIP AND GO TO IT.

Still in development, for the pisser 4 of course, not much else apart from a high end PC can take that.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:52:45 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2013, 04:51:17 pm »

My bird person duel wields a sticky-flare mine grenade launcher and a sword. This is the best game of 2013.
Isn't it still pretty linear and regimented at the moment? :<
Yes, but I'm duel-welding a sticky-flare mine grenade launcher and a sword. There is no need to leave sector 4 before the character gets wiped.

Now that I've derailed my own thread, hopefully I'll get an update out some time tonight to repair the rails.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2013, 07:09:06 pm »

((The factory now has a description. You do not yet have any blueprints for things that can be made without metal.))

{3}+1, {4}+1 - Upon eventually finding and then checking his list of important dates, Unen discovers that his assistant's birthday is two days away. He gives her the sword then, and she is ecstatic. He then spends the month working on a headset with thermal sensing goggles, although he doesn't get around to integrating them with his arrows. They should be durable enough to withstand the rigors of combat, short of being shot, and don't explode spectacularly on failure. They can go for several hours without being recharged, but will need to be powered with distilled magical resources if they are to be used in any significant quantity. He designs plans for them to be used in his colleague's factory, but he will need to personally oversee their fabrication.
Due to material constraints, his prototype unit is likely to break after a few hours of use.
While discussing his arrows with Ari over lunch one day, they work out blueprints that will allow them to be made in the factory without wasting Unen's time supervising.

{1} - Edna's attempts at a control mechanism for the trees proves to be problematic. Wiring in a volunteer shipwright to act as a living control mechanism for the entire housing district seemed like the best idea. He turned into goo and exploded. Acidic goo. Nobody else was killed, but the burns set a few workers back, and the incident was bad for morale.
{2} - As the airship crew had collected a few dozen newt-things, Flow remained at home. Unfortunately, they had died by the time Edna got around to them. Seems they need a certain plant only found on that one island to survive. She doesn't find out much from experimenting on their dead bodies, other than that most of their magical properties vanish after they've been dead for a few days. They can still be distilled into mana after death, but not much.
People keep bothering Edna about making more houses. Those leaves are delicious.

{2}, {2} - Zedes helps Gorden by designing the golem's control and logic matrix. It's slow going, but after an entire month, he's sure that it will be able to track down and then kill vaguely defined targets. For now, it won't attack anything human-like. It's chian of command is Governor Jaeger and the military commander, then Gorden and himself, followed by Flourintine and anyone wearing the soldier's uniforms. It will need to be tested to determine how well it actually tracks or fights.

{6} - Gorden designs his golems, then begins carefully shaping a single Hunter-Killer golem. It ends up as a masterpiece, and he is certain that it will be physically superior to any of its later siblings.
{5} - Milly divines that Jaeger will be thrilled after learning that Zedes was instrumental to the creation of the golems, and will gladly transfer his leash to Gorden after the golems prove themselves.
By the end of the month, the golem is ready to activate. Zedes assures him that it will work. It's certainly not his specialty, but the control and logic matrix seems to be a horrifically tangled mess. ((Giving it a few tests counts as a free action. A more rigorous testing schedule will not be a free action.))

{4} - Ari manages to get a construction material somewhere between stone and wood in strength, with the weight of wood.
{1} - House construction goes terribly. The workers are getting tired of the unending house construction, while most of them aren't even scheduled to receive houses for months. Word of Edna's failed experiment spreads, making things worse. It feels like every time she turns her back, some of them pick up a game of the game she designed earlier.

{1} - The Trailsapper finds nothing useful on the middle island. Near as the crew can tell, it's just forest. On their way back, they notice that the second island in the chain seemed to be more purple than they remembered.
The lack of proper facilities is wearing on the zeppelin. It's class is rated at an expected six months of active use without maintenance before needing repairs, but this environment is apparently harsher than what they are used to. Without a proper dock, repairs will take a month or two. Sending it out again now would risk serious damage.

Morale is bad.

Players:

IronyOwl's Edna Black, the Mutationist
Fniff's Zedas Piek, the Thanaturge
Tiruin's "Ari" Eloam, the Artificer
Draignean's Gordon Neider, the Geomancer
Lenglon's Unen the Entropist

Spoiler: Colonists (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resource Access (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Buildings (click to show/hide)

The "antagonists" are still recruiting.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:28:48 pm by Nirur Torir »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2013, 08:18:51 pm »

((I love how we now have precisely 4499 individuals.

*whistles innocently*))

Edna gumbled. And grumbled. And grumbled.

House-trees. Everyone loved them, but nobody wanted her to detonate shipwrights to perfect them.

Ingrates.

Plus now the zeppelin was shot, so she couldn't get any more of those newts. Ideally she could grow her own zeppelin, or at worst treeboat, but everyone wanted houses. And, if rumors were true, were complaining left and right about not having them. And everything else, meaning they could do with some luxuries on top of that.

Sometimes she could swear she needed to do everything around here.

-

Some time later, she suddenly stopped what she was doing mid-stride.

Wait. Island chain more purple than remembered. Her trees were more purple than original.

Coincidence...? With the zeppelin out of commission, there probably wasn't any way to tell.

...well, hopefully it was nothing. Guess they'd find out eventually!

Try to make the trees vaguely aware, and thus able to respect each other, not grow over things other things appear to use or tend a lot (like roads or bird nests), and other low-level, benign actions or restraint thereof.
Make more house trees, of the new type if they're better than the current model. Put a priority on nice pads for any family or friends that acid-goo might have had.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:21:02 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2013, 08:28:26 pm »

((I love how we now have precisely 4499 individuals.

*whistles innocently*))
4499 civilians. You also have 508 military personnel.

It suddenly occurs to me that the zeppelin crew has nowhere to live while that's being worked on. Time to fix that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2013, 08:58:15 pm »

expand upon my thermal sensitivity and reactivity research, develop a method for arrows to "home in" on their targets, as long as that target emits heat. then work on combining this effect with the explosive arrows I designed earlier.

Afterwards work on designing a small, engarved and enchanted rock that emits a large amount of heat for one hour whenever it becomes wet, and slowly gathers power over time whenever it isn't active.

as always, Carrie has free access to my prototypes.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2013, 06:46:04 am »

Honestly, hooking up a human to the system isn't a bad idea in the game, it was the bad roll that had the effect of the ruining of the shit, just try again, i doubt you can get two ones in a row, and even if that was the case, nothing that bad could happen right?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2013, 11:57:06 am »

Honestly, hooking up a human to the system isn't a bad idea in the game, it was the bad roll that had the effect of the ruining of the shit, just try again, i doubt you can get two ones in a row, and even if that was the case, nothing that bad could happen right?
My actual action wasn't even that, it was coming up with a control scheme of some sort.

That said, I dislike just sort of brute-forcing actions in RTDs, especially creative actions like this that have so many possible solutions. I prefer to look at failures as opportunities to try something different than originally planned, not just a wasted turn before I definitely accomplish whatever I was going for.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2013, 06:14:50 pm »

(Oh God, the translation on this one is perfect.)

Zedas Piek's Diary
Morality is not good. Everyone has a gesture in their faces due to housing problems. Under normal circumstances, boudoir and alcohol, but all happy. In rich, like a whore? I can not remember. I think that would be of the first part with alcohol and then ask for a prostitute, OK. We need a good name. Emperor's Head? This suggests that the most delicious thing. We must use it. Improvement.

Start up an official pub called the Emperor's Head at some random unused house. If there are none of those, build one for the pub. At first, be the server, then use the profits to hire an actual bartender who can speak the Emperor's tongue. Get hands on beer, then grow barley and make beer using MAGIC in the basement. Attempt to see if the golems would make good bartenders then figure out how I could "make one fall off the back of a zeppelin" in order to reprogram it and set it up at the bar.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:16:32 pm by Fniff »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2013, 06:28:15 pm »

((I would just like to point out that the only golem that has been completed so far is a 13-foot hunter-killer with spike arms. That's not to say you shouldn't use it as a bartender, of course; I'm just say it to complete the mental image.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2013, 06:50:59 pm »

(Oh God, the translation on this one is perfect.)

OK. We need a good name. Emperor's Head? This suggests that the most delicious thing. We must use it. Improvement.
((Especially this part.))

((I would just like to point out that the only golem that has been completed so far is a 13-foot hunter-killer with spike arms. That's not to say you shouldn't use it as a bartender, of course; I'm just say it to complete the mental image.))
((Now I'm going to have to outdo him with the Seafood-Run Seafood Restaurant. Feel free to sample the servers!))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2013, 07:01:31 pm »

(Well, that ensures that no-one would want to shortcharge the pub.)

((Now I'm going to have to outdo him with the Seafood-Run Seafood Restaurant. Feel free to sample the servers!))
(This is going to turn into wizard capitalism simulator, isn't it.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2013, 07:20:29 pm »

(This is going to turn into wizard capitalism simulator, isn't it.)
((I hope so. Wizardry ho!))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2013, 10:52:26 pm »

I just realized that wizards are one percent of the population as well. Why don't people rise up? Because we have incredible power.

... Someone should write a series using wizardry as a metaphor for capitalism.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15