Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 15447 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2013, 07:59:04 pm »

PTW

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »

Construct a well for villagers! CONSTRUCT MANY WELLS.

Discuss with the governor if there's any chance that, since I've been such a great servant to the Empire thus far, that I could be allowed some time alone without being constantly guarded by Florentine. I may be a convicted criminal, but I'm a really nice convicted criminal.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2013, 10:33:28 pm »

Tuck my apprentice in. Make sure she's well cared for. If she isn't, grab a couple of competent looking people and forcibly assign them to do nothing but care for Milly. Very forcibly, should they refuse to comply.

Put out this bulletin to the camp

Volunteers Wanted

Dangerous Magical Relic Found
Needs to be recovered or destroyed.

Volunteers must have strong backs, combat skills, or magical talent.

Stone homes will be erected for the families of those that accept.
Accepting thirty.
 -Gordon Neider

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 12:31:52 am »

Noticing the sign, Edna decided to find this Gordon.

"Hey," she said casually, "if this thing turns out to be alive or formerly alive, lemme know, will you?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2013, 09:35:16 pm »

{2},{6} - Edna re-appropriates some wizards off of nonessential tasks and spends the month growing house-trees. The trees require a different approach to grow than she initially anticipated, and she decides to cut down to only growing housing for 400 people this month, rather than run the risk of them growing out of hand. At the end of the month, someone complains about her first house. It seems to be spreading, creating a few disorganized offshoots through its roots, that start several meters away from the parent plant. After killing one of the offshoots to study, she decides that they would produce livable space if left alone, but the resulting residential zones would be disorganized, and the living spaces themselves wouldn't be as nice.
She grows herself a house as well, of course. It looks nice, and is only moderately larger and more showy than the rest of the houses. ((Partially tending the offshoots would only slightly mitigate the disadvantages. You can't just plant these trees, 'program' them to grow a certain way, then forget them, but can safely switch them to stop expanding once they've had a month to grow.))

Spoiler: PMed Action (click to show/hide)

{3}+1, {3}+1 - Unen spends the month making a dangerous artifact. It doesn't turn out as he'd hoped: Its size is fixed at 'shortsword', as it gets unstable at longer settings. It can store a decent charge. More solid inorganic matter takes a massive drain to cut through. It can last for about twenty slashes against someone wearing platemail. If fully plunged into solid stone, it can cut for about one meters. It takes roughly five days of non-use to go from empty to a full charge. It is quite light.
He will have trouble improving it without a supply of magical resources.
For now, it is stored in his laboratory underneath a delicate-looking instrument.

{5} - Ari takes charge over half of the wizards to proof the supplies against any further mold, and, in a flurry of activity, move onto the civilian supplies. He is absolutely, completely certain that there will be no repeat incident.
{1} - Ari's request to begin a warehouse is shot down with extreme prejudice. Winter is an unknown, and if everybody isn't housed by then, people may die en-mass. The colony needs storehouses for the harvest, or the wizards will be wasting their time preserving it piecemeal, and then maintaining those preservations. The hospital zone is a cluster of three tents. The organizer is disgusted that claiming an entire month's worth of the builders' labor to build a factory, just after they arrived, isn't enough.
Ari spends the rest of the month in a bad mood, tediously helping the other wizards to ward the fields against pests.

{4} - Zedas builds many wells! It is a good thing that somebody brought along ten kilometers of rope!
{2} - Zedes catches Governor Jaegar in a bad mood. His request for time off from observation is denied, and Florentine is warned to keep a closer eye on him.

{4} - Milly makes a full recovery, and is grateful for Gordon spending the month tending to her. The wizard in charge of the hospital tents is mildly unamused, but eventually stops asking him to leave.
{2} - He puts out a bulletin for volunteers for his quest, but gets no takers.

Ari's factory is finished.

{5} - The Trailsapper continues its island surveying. Island 4 in the chain has sparse iron ore, but has a decently sized population of magical newt-like creatures that they haven't seen elsewhere. The faintly glowing newts are easy to find, but slightly hard to catch.

The military reports that morale is beginning to waver without proper housing.
Morale is fair.

Players:

IronyOwl's Edna Black, the Mutationist
Fniff's Zedas Piek, the Thanaturge
Tiruin's "Ari" Eloam, the Artificer
Draignean's Gordon Neider, the Geomancer
Lenglon's Unen the Entropist

Spoiler: Colonists (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resource Access (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Buildings (click to show/hide)

The "antagonists" are still recruiting.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2013, 10:16:52 pm »

Any chance I can get in as a non-antag non-magical person?
Spoiler: If so... (click to show/hide)
If not, well... What do you need?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2013, 06:48:15 am »

not quite what I wanted, but very close...
It'll do.

search my lab for whereever I wrote down when Carrie's birthday is.
If I cannot find it after a thorough search, ask her. "Carrie, I have lost track of when your birthday is. Remind me."

If it is her birthday or it has already passed:
"One moment" Unen returns to his lab and retrieves Carrie's birthday gift. "This is for you." if I'm late then add "My apologies for the delay."
If her birthday is soon, wait for it, and give it to her then.
If I was completely wrong about when her birthday is, then leave the sword hidden, I can improve it in the meantime while I wait.

In any case, this month will be spent on thermal reactivity and sensitivity. focusing on development of a set of goggles that display the heat levels of what the wearer is looking at, and of arrows that will "home in" on heat sources similar to living creatures. if development goes well, then look into combining the explosive effect I designed earlier and the heat chasing effect on the same arrows.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2013, 02:16:29 pm »

"GRAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Edna ruffled her hair. First flowers and mold, now magical newts had been discovered... and she was here, of course, with house trees that needed some kinks worked out and settlers who needed to not freeze to death or somesuch. A maniacal grin briefly crossed her face, considering a more direct alteration to let the peasants survive the winter, but it quickly fled. The notion that modifying people would be easier or quicker than modifying trees seemed unlikely.

She began pacing around, mumbling to herself. Rabbit was huddled under a blanket under a nearby desk, as she was wont to do, staring out with wide eyes. It was a nice room, at least... just needed a few adjustments and it'd be a great room... yes, just needed...

Modify my house trees to respond to commands (stop growing, grow in this direction, produce less food). These commands can require magical knowledge and skill, and/or involve physical structures (some kind of core, command nubs) as necessary, but should enable feasible manipulation and maintenance of large numbers of trees by their inhabitants and/or a small group of decently qualified professionals in that field. Ideally, it should also allow condition-dependent commands (grow during the summer, repair self when damaged, produce more nuts the faster they are harvested), but this can be skipped if it makes the project too complex or error-prone.

Perform in-depth studies on those magical newt-things. Get Flow a zep ride over there to catch some if we don't already have specimens.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2013, 03:04:57 pm »

(Can I play as one of the wizards?)
Name: Dave D. Davidson
Description: An albino young man with Einstein hair and several stains and burns on his cloths and skin. He is basically the image of a mad scientist.
Specialization: Mechanomancy
Hobby:!!SCIENCE!!
Personality: Mildly insane, intuitive, and excitable (Up to you whether the first or last is the bad one ;))
One good thing you hope this world has: Magic metals
One bad thing you hope this world doesn't have (or does have): magic rust
Assistant: B.O.B. (Beautiful Observation Bot), B.O.B is a steampunk clockwork Dave made in his sleep one and has no idea how it works. B.O.B. has magi-scanners that allow him to look for hidden materials and analyze things. While he is the smartest clockwork robot ever he is also the only one and is in fact very stupid when not in analysis mode.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2013, 03:34:51 pm »

Other than the antagonists, who have simplified actions, the game is full.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2013, 03:50:35 pm »

Can I be waitlisted in case one of them dies?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2013, 04:01:54 pm »

Other than the antagonists, who have simplified actions, the game is full.
Think I can get a PM with data on that or something? I will probably be interested.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2013, 04:36:25 pm »

Can I be waitlisted in case one of them dies?
I'm not doing a waitlist for this. If one of the players goes missing, I'll send out a call in-thread for someone to take over their character. If someone dies, they're dead, and we're down to four players. (Nobody should be dying. They're not adventurers.)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2013, 04:38:07 pm »

Gorden kept the notices up, despite the lack of takers thus far. He knew one person he might be able to convince to help him, one person who probably chafed a little bit at being in the camp all the time. All he had to do was attempt convince the thanaturge that he'd probably be a lot better off, freedom wise, if he accepted. It was fortunate that Gordon recognized the other enchanter's accent from an old military campaign. Neider had never learned much of the language, but he knew enough to get by.
   At least, he'd known it ten years ago.

["Greetings Piek,"] Gordan said as soon as he found the scrawny enchanter. His tongue was rusty at speaking another language, and Gordon had to go slow to manage a simple greeting. ["You know, I was recently in the North wounded feelings. I want to find out what makes him evil and offset in any way. I want to make it clear, I tell you your freedom. Can we meet?"]

((Speech in brackets is meant to be in Zedas' language. Original text was as follows,
"As you may know, my apprentice was hurt recently by something to the north. I want to find what hurt her and neutralize it, by whatever means. I would like your help, and in exchange, I'll help you with your freedom. Can we have an accord?"))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2013, 04:41:23 pm »

Zedas looked up from his journal, which was currently full of escape plans. He looked surprised to hear his language spoken aloud in such a setting, even if it was incredibly garbled. ["Er. That' a philosophical question, really. I mean, what is evil? If it is a part of us, is it morally right to offset it? Anyway, I suppose we can meet? Where were you thinking of?"]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15