Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 15439 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »

Don't worry, it's fine, no problem with loosing interest a bit, right?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 11:10:52 pm »

Would a good point be that you draw rabbits well? :D

Because interest isn't waning in the least here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2013, 04:24:36 pm »

((Nrrg, the point was not to be one of those attention-mongering 'my __ is bad post praise' types. Now post actions so I can get another turn out while I'm still feeling repentant.))

{6} - Edna wanders upstream along the river's coast looking for tracks or plains. She finds tracks similar to deer tracks, as well as evidence of a solitary housecat-sized quadroped with hooves. As expected, she sees no animals other than the rabbit-things.
{4} - On her walk back, she finds non-deadly mushrooms.

{6} - Gorden works on improving the quarry. He clears out a good-sized section of dirt down to a layer of grey marble. He leaves a convenient ramp up out of dirt.
{2} - Milly reports that the area has very sparse minerals, and in low quality. It might not be worth the time to dredge them up, even with magic.

{3} - Unen's progress on repairing his damaged equipment is painfully slow. The ambient magic in this world is off enough that he's having trouble with the extreme finesse required. {3} - At the end of the day, he estimates that the repairs are about 20% completed.

{5} - Zedes grabs an axe and helps harvest lumber. He is surprinsngly good at it, and the woodcutters' morale is improved to see one of the ivory-tower types performing physical labor to the point of ehaustion.

{6} - Ari drafts plans for a factory. The lines are very neat.
{4} - Ari drafts plans for easily created houses. The building organizer approves of them.

Everyone is through the portal, and the civilians have begun working. They particularly appreciate the new game. The civic organizer intends to begin housing construction and a fishing wharf first.

The zeppelin returns, with a simple map of the area. The forest to the south seems to thin as the altitude increases. There are mountains off to the south-east. The forest continues for quite some distance to the north and east.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Morale is excellent.

Players:

IronyOwl's Edna Black, the Mutationist
Fniff's Zedas Piek, the Thanaturge
Tiruin's "Ari" Eloam, the Artificer
Draignean's Gordon Neider, the Geomancer
Lenglon's Unen the Entropist

Spoiler: Colonists (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Buildings (click to show/hide)

This marks the last single-day turn. Please post two actions of two weeks each. This next turn will take place over one month. Now you should have a better chance of petitioning the leaders to take action X, since the immediate rush has died down.

The "antagonists" are still recruiting, as usual.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2013, 04:39:45 pm »

Unen attempts to repair his equipment, using carefull application of heat from the conversion of microscopic amounts of matter into energy while behind a signifigant heat shield, convert sand into glass as needed, and so on. He made his equipment himself in the first place, he shall repair it again, the same as before.

If the repairs go well, and do not require the rest of his time, Unen then returns to his intended project, perfecting a system for enchanting arrowheads with an impact-triggered incendiary explosive enchantment, one that won't go off when the arrows are fired but will when they hit their target.

Otherwise, Unen spends the rest of his time on the repairs. damaged equipment is unacceptable when working with dangerous compounds.

((yes, this action should look very familiar. there's a reason for that.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2013, 08:58:14 pm »

Begin experimenting with warping trees into housing.
Examine the trees' reproductive methods, and begin experimenting with the viability of warping them into/into a better food source.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »

> Ari begins proposing and building the outline and base for the factory via talking to the hierarchy of creation--the organizer and local workers.

> Develop a plan for a material synthesizer/converter. Something that would, in bluntest of terms, lessen the hassle of the [OVERSEER/Nirur Torir] in the details of materials and what would be constructed out of them.

> If possible, propose that the zeppelin crew go on another venture OUT towards the far island SOUTH-WEST of our position to scout it out for resources or possible inhabitants [including the state of the river delta and the safety prospect of building a port near said area]

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2013, 07:36:32 am »

ptw
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2013, 10:04:00 am »

Roads. Talk with whoever got put in charge of planning the colony's layout, and then start setting up effective roads throughout the colony. Transportation is everything.

Send Milly out on the next scouting run, with at least some protection, and have her continue to divine for the presence of useful geological resources. Try to find out a general direction of mineral density, if nothing else.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2013, 09:59:39 am »

Farms and houses. Get crop seeds, put them in soil, then use magic to grow them up. Use harvested lumber to build houses (Help out a bit personally: people like it when you do that) near the farms.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2013, 11:51:13 pm »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2013, 08:42:59 pm »

{4} - Unen, now acclimated to this world's magic, fixes his equipment.
{4} - He then spends a few weeks creating a process to make explosive arrowheads. Barring setbacks, he can, while heading a team with five other wizards, a carpenter, and a blacksmith, create enough arrows for 200 soldiers to fight a light engagement. This month he produced 40. Carrie claims 20.

{4} - Edna creates a method for growing local trees into houses. She can grow housing for 250 people in a month with if leading a team of five other wizards.
{4} - She also tries to make the housetrees produce nutritious and delicious leaves and nuts. Towards the end of the month, she finds herself eating enough per day to constitute a full meal. They seem to also be growing thorns, unlike the base trees, and are slightly more purple than expected, perhaps as a byproduct of all the magical tampering.

{5} - Ari easily convinces Organizer Herbert that building his factory is important. It will take two months for half of the town's construction workers to build it. (Rushing it into a single month would require a night shift, which would increase injuries unacceptably).
{6} - The synthesizer is fairly easy to build, and only requires a two wizards for a few hours a day to function as well as the colony is expected to produce. It does require the colony to have a source of the desired output resource, as a small amount of the source is consumed, and scanning the output from round 1 would have unpredictable results on round 2. Converting particularly magical resources has not yet been tested. ((Thanks, but I would probably have just limited ores/grossly simplified materials without this.))
(New resources are CONSTRUCTION, METAL, and MAGICAL.)

{5} - Gorden organizes a road-building effort by the fishermen and shipwrights. Dirt roads now criss-cross the area where the town will be.
{1} - Milly hits <something> magical buried northeast of the city. The magical backlash will leave her incapable of doing anything worthwhile {5} next month. She should be fully recovered after that.

{4} - Zedas, as well as most of the wizards, help with the planting. The harvest should be plentiful.
{5} - He then helps build houses. The construction workers just seem to build faster when a mysterious, barely comprehensible enchanter is working alongside them, day after day.

((I do not know what these other wizards think about being randomly pulled from their tasks into working with a team lead by you people. I'll just assume them subsentient unless an enchanter is stupid enough to start naming them. It's easier that way, if a bit dangerous to give subsentient beings magic.))

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

{2} - The zeppelin goes out to survey an island and the viability of a port in the bay. It turns out that a full port would require significant effort to build and maintain, due to the weather, but the river is large enough for a small port.
{5} - The island survey goes better. The chain is five islands long, formed of apparently dormant volcanos. They focus on the southernmost island, which seems to be rich in iron ore, with decent amounts of copper. The sample of flowers they return with are magically charged, and might be useful.

The military reports a strange sort of magically resilient mold has infected their supplies. 20% of the gunpowder was lost before it was noticed and magical countermeasures were taken.

Morale is great.

Players:

IronyOwl's Edna Black, the Mutationist
Fniff's Zedas Piek, the Thanaturge
Tiruin's "Ari" Eloam, the Artificer
Draignean's Gordon Neider, the Geomancer
Lenglon's Unen the Entropist

Spoiler: Colonists (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resource Access (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Buildings (click to show/hide)

The "antagonists" are still recruiting.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2013, 11:19:53 pm »

((Excellent!

Now if only the commoners were so accommodating towards my... enhancements.))

Commandeer some subsentient wizards and begin building some tree housing on the river shore just to the east of the entry zone.
Continue doing so for the remainder of the month. Include a modest temporary abode for myself, of course.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2013, 11:55:03 pm »

Flowers... why does...
oh yeah, Carrie has a birthday sometime soonish. I really should try to find where I wrote it down...
whatever, in any case, I better make sure I have a good birthday present for her!
This month I shall craft Carrie her birthday present! PMing what it is to Niur!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2013, 04:21:37 am »

[MwahahahHAHAHAAHAHAA MY GOAL OF MASS PRODUCTION IS REACHING REALITY!]
...So we're using two out of our 43 wizards. Great!

"Do we need anything significant right now?"

I'm being vague.

For this month I shall:
(If this is trivial, disregard for the one below): Ensure all military supplies pass through a regulation field strengthener--to render immune to the natural elements.

> Draft schematic designs, scout out the region, sample the natural rock and water...and if possible, begin creation of a sea/airport in that bay starting with the very basics--warehouse creation!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2013, 02:16:13 pm »

This month I shall craft Carrie her birthday present! PMing what it is to Niur!
You are having entirely too much fun with this entropy magic thing. Soon, the entire military and about half of the civilians will be jealous of Carrie's new <redacted>.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15