Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 15433 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 09:18:54 pm »

{4} - Edna examines the rabbits. They usually, but not always, have 1-3 colors, generally pastels or cream, with a darker color about 20% of the time. She has only seem about two with a bizarre pattern other than stripes, calico, or patternless. They seem to fulfill the same biological niche as the lagomorphs she is used to. They have a pair of thin antenna, which she suspects are for sensing air currents.
{1} - The construction organizer throws a tantrum when asked pointed questions about his plans, and whether or not he does indeed have any plans. Edna expects that he will eventually mandate construction on this side of the river, followed by a bridge, construction on the other side of the river, and then into the forest. Farmland will likely be upriver, where the water is fresher, and before the quarry.
Spoiler: Rabbit pictures (click to show/hide)

{3} - The organizer is in a bad mood, and refuses to speak with Gordon about a monument. The geomancer's irrigation plans are pretty much ready for the farmers to get to work.
{4} - He helps clear dirt for the palisade, and reinforces the wall on the inside with a ramp of dirt. It is now finished.

{4} - Unen spends the day getting peasants to ferry his lab equipment to his bunker. {1} - The clumsy brutes break some of it. This will be difficult to replace.

{3} - Ari finds herself overwhelmed by the prospect of upgrading 500 soldiers' equipment in six hours and without a proper laboratory.
{6} - Rather than suffer a nervous breakdown from the attempt, she focuses on creating a game of entertainment for the arriving colonists. She feels inspired, and makes an absolutely fantabulous game. The nearest settlers haphazardly drop whatever they are carrying to join and/or watch the test games.

{5} - Zedas finds the 35 engineers to be too busy to build housing for 5500 people in a single day, but takes charge of organizing the arriving settlers' tent setting efforts. Thanks to his enthused, yet incomprehensible, yelling and Florentine's instructions, the tents are organized in neat rows.

The military finishes their palisade and shows a presence to assert some form of order.

2500 civilians have arrived, and will begin working soon. The rest will arrive tomorrow.

Morale is good.

Players:

IronyOwl's Edna Black, the Mutationist
Fniff's Zedas Piek, the Thanaturge
Tiruin's "Ari" Eloam, the Artificer
Draignean's Gordon Neider, the Geomancer
Lenglon's Unen the Entropist

Spoiler: Colonists (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Buildings (click to show/hide)

The "antagonists" are still recruiting. They're having fun in there. It will be more fun if more people join.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 09:36:22 pm »

((Those bunnies are adorable. The claws and slitted eyes have not gone unnoticed. They are still snugglebunnies nonetheless.

Also I'd totally join the antagonists if I wasn't already a player. >:3))

Find some tree seeds, or whatever method of reproduction the trees use, and begin experimenting with warping them to grow in house-convenient shapes.
Search the grassland for any sign of tracks.
Analyze the local grasses and other non-forest plant life, with a focus on finding something with edible mutation potential.

((...

I get the last one now. I didn't at first, then I was glancing at them one more time...))
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:47:25 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 09:58:35 pm »

"Geomancer. Gorden. Whatever. I need materials. Today I help you dig what you want, Tomorrow you help me dig what I want."
Aid all the geomancer's actions today.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:56:17 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 11:04:50 pm »

Gordon folded his arms over his chest and looked at the entropist. Dirt stained his arms to the elbow, and his clothing looked like he'd rolled down a trench. He was used to not looking like an enchanter, he was also very used to other enchanters taking him for granted because of it. "No. You want to help, help. You want to trade favors, ask them plain. I've exactly no time to be bound to your whims in exchange for a day of your work."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 11:14:23 pm »

"I have been clear.
I need materials.
You know how to find them.
I want your help for a day.
I offer you my help for a day.
The trade is fair."

Unen continues to stare at the man before him. It always is annoying dealing with people. So many keep getting caught up in needless complications. People like Carrie, who can understand the value of directness, are just so rare.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 11:35:29 pm »

Neider's expression turned stony, meeting the entropist stare for stare. Gordon had the will and the patience to make stones move. Very, very few had the force of will to make Gordon move. "I am being just as clear. The answer is no. I don't give help in the dark." Gordon smiled once, a quick maneuver that made his face appear differently hard, not less. "Have a good day, enchanter. If you decide to tell me what you want, you know where to find me. In any other case, take it up with the governor or go bite stones. Makes no difference to me."
   Gordon turned and stumped off. He didn't get along well with most other enchanters, probably because he hadn't spent most of his life in study and contemplation of the mysteries of the universe. He'd been in the field too long, spent too much time around common soldiers. He tended to get along better with them. Still, he thought, it wasn't as if he could avoid working with every arrogant enchanter. Still, at least he could show Milly how to be less arrogant than enchanters like Unen. If he could find her...

Now where was that skyminded girl?

Action one: Keeping working on that quarry. Improve, bring up more, consolidate.

Action two: Get Milly to do a divining for the more valuable geological finds, metals, useful crystals, and, particularly, anything that she couldn't identify. Ask her to pay special attention to the ores Unen wanted, though not to the exclusion of more mundanely useful ores like iron.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:27:03 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 12:04:56 am »

Unen sighs
"Materials
specific ores and crystals I use in my work"

Unen then rambles off a list of 50-odd different rare ores, many noteworthy of being potentally explosive or otherwise unstable.
"Or was there something else you think I am hiding?"

useless talking. he can't even say what it is he wants to know. why can't he just speak clearly?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 12:26:22 am »

Neider stopped and smiled. "Glad to see the pole up your ass doesn't interfere too badly with your tongue. I'm already working on the ore situation, and I don't see much of a way you can help me." Neider turned around to face the Unen, sizing the other man up. "I don't think you're hiding anything. Most dangerous people I ever met had nothing to hide, stupidest people had nothing to hide either. I've fought in a lot of battles, too many blighted battles, where good men died because the powers decided that they didn't need to know what they were doing until two shadows past they needed to do it." Gordon shook his head, carelessly scrubbing sweat from his face with a muddy hand. "I've gotten people killed for that very same reason. Half the things you want are dangerous, damn dangerous as a matter of fact. That means I'm not bringing anyone else along if I dig it up." Neider shook his head. "Colonists come first, but, IF I find anything you have a special interest in, I'll let you know."
   There, now I've been charitable, friendly, and understanding, all in one day. Favored Watchers better have a damn good reward for this.

((Edited earlier action))
---

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 12:43:58 am »

"Charitable. I owe you a favor then. Call me when you have need."
Unen then turns and walks away without waiting for a response.
Unen returns to his lab/bunker, and attempts to repair his equipment, using carefull application of heat from the conversion of microscopic amounts of matter into energy while behind a signifigant heat shield, convert sand into glass as needed, and so on. He made his equipment himself in the first place, he shall repair it again, the same as before.

If the repairs go well, and do not require the rest of his time, Unen then returns to his intended project, perfecting a system for enchanting arrowheads with an impact-triggered incendiary explosive enchantment, one that won't go off when the arrows are fired but will when they hit their target.

Otherwise, Unen spends the rest of his time on the repairs. damaged equipment is unacceptable when working with dangerous compounds.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 06:47:36 pm »

I think I'll shift to month-long turns after this. I didn't think things through very well on how much you'll really be able to accomplish in a half-day action if I'm shifting to two-week actions and don't want uncomfortable questions (Why does X take a full two-week action? I did something just like it in half a day when the game started) to arise.

Please don't try actions that would be much better suited to two weeks than half a day.

((Those bunnies are adorable. The claws [..] have not gone unnoticed[....]))
Perfectly normal rabbit features.

[Well-thought-out logical explanation for easily fixing what was meant to be a long duration debuff. Using destruction magic]
Bah. Wizards.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 07:02:19 pm »

(Narrative format is hard to write, so I decided to go with something else.)
The Diary Of Zedas Piek
Possible engineers can not like it, I was near, so now we sit with tents for the citizens. It's not too big. We need housing for its citizens, it will be as soon as possible. People don't like tents. A simple solution. Take a magician to do but was too busy learning and a rabbit in a test chamber. It's a waste of time. Everyone is so selfish. We offer the human population. The strange thing is, most of the prisoners to do basic. I guess they do things differently in the Empire. I don't blame them. Tests, which are very interesting, especially with a new set of rules. But we have our responsibility, and if you don't take it. What this new world is not, but regardless of my escape, I never said anything.
Recruit a few settlers to start chopping down trees for wood to make a good stockpile.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2013, 07:05:43 am »

I think I'll shift to month-long turns after this. I didn't think things through very well on how much you'll really be able to accomplish in a half-day action if I'm shifting to two-week actions and don't want uncomfortable questions (Why does X take a full two-week action? I did something just like it in half a day when the game started) to arise.

Please don't try actions that would be much better suited to two weeks than half a day.
((Ah. Good :D))

Well.
At least morale is up and up! I..hope they won't use my name as historical reference or...

Ari's thoughts drifted off towards the physical-health-and-sports field wherein she remembered how those history lessons were conducted. It was by role-play, in which every error and trial was done...firsthand.

...Still, now I know what to do.

>Create schematics of a mass-producing facility for later use--that I would personally head and operate, something that could incorporate a single design and produce or modify whatever is directed towards it until specifications and modifications were equal, and then send this off for later design and creation.

>Create a housing design that could accommodate as well as be made easily and practically. Offer it to the expedition lead for approval.
((I'm thinking of those inverted parabolic aircraft hangars. The style of their make and the ease? :P))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2013, 01:01:01 pm »

((I'm pretty sure everyone has posted an action))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2013, 06:48:04 pm »

((Oh hey, I was just about to bump this. :3

...and change my action because it was more two-week oriented.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 09:10:47 pm »

Sorry for the delays. I was going to try to get one out tonight, but really need to get maps drawn out so you can see what you're doing, and have wanted to not draw since the rabbits. Hopefully an update tomorrow. Possibly one tonight, but it's doubtful.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15