Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 15422 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Running on Barons since turn 8)
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2014, 03:02:06 pm »

"I am just the thinking, if the drinking solve the face, but no plant of the problem, why think new place solve plant problem?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:47 pm »

"Plant problem? You mean roots or my trees? Because if it's my trees, let me assure you that there are absolutely no known side effects to those leaves aside from the obvious, and they're very well liked by the populace.

If you mean a new colony won't make everyone happier, of course it will. They'll still be upset with living conditions, sure, but if they're happy about a new colony it'll all even out, right? Then we can get back to fixing the basics, and everyone will be overjoyed in the end.

Besides, the colony's cheaper. Even if we all worked together, there's no way we'd be able to get everyone their own housing in a month or two. If we're lucky, we might be able to get the colony up and running by then."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2014, 01:59:24 pm »

(Sorry guys, I got sick recently, so feeling a little down and unable to post. Should be okay now, though)
Try to help out with the new colony. Discuss with the locals who wants to go over and try form a census on the jobs of the people coming over. While doing this, also try to idly discuss with any wizards how precisely this whole dimension-hopping affair works.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2014, 08:00:10 pm »

((Ah, glad to hear. That you're better, I mean.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2014, 04:41:46 pm »

Wow has it really been nearly a week since the turns were all in? .. Well, it looks like the antagonists have abandoned the chat and only one submitted a valid action so I'll go get started on that turn.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2014, 05:28:04 pm »

Ah, the issues with more than one forum group for things in more than one location with confused mosters who may or may not be players and are possibly involved with too many things for limited quantity of time and... The list just goes on.

But dont worry! They are totally not reading this thread!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2014, 06:10:14 pm »

{4}+1=5 - Ari develops her resource teleportation system system. It doesn't transfer materials instantly, and the power costs vary on weight and distance. It should be able to transfer around 50kg at a time between the main colony and the new colony over four hours and fifty-three minutes, at 2 baron-months per unit of resources. Each transporter acts as a sort of node in the transportation web. The teleporter is NOT rated for use on living beings.
The transporter is static. Ari needs to be at each construction site. She can construct one node in two weeks with two wizard helpers and one baron-month of power. ((Remember that the Trailsapper currently supplies one baron of power))
{1} - Ari spent the entire month on the teleport system, and had no time to design anything else.

{2}+1=3 - Unen designs his directed propulsion system, but the result is too large to fit on the Trailsapper. It could work on a medium-sized zeppelin designed around it, but it would still be over-sized.
{1} - His man-sized test ends poorly. Nobody was injured, but the entrance to his workshop is now in a clearing.

{3} - Edna creates and distributes her fertilizer. It took a bit longer than she expected for the leaves to re-grow, but only the hopelessly misguided complained.
{2} - {6} The weather was perfect zeppelin weather. Edna, Rabbit, and her bunny take the Trailsapper to island 5 to study the magical flowers, but they can't find any under the snow. The zeppelin crew quite obviously stays out of their way after it becomes clear that the flowers aren't in bloom.
She notices a small spiral pattern on the skin on bunny's left ear, normally covered by fur. She determines it to be a magical mark that protects the creature from mutations, both magical and mundane. She doesn't find anything else magical about her pet.

{1} - Gordon finds his powers acting up, and just juts a flow of stone into the sea. Nobody was hurt thanks to the roads.
{1}+1=2 - He only manages to build housing for another fifty people.

{3}, {5} - Zedas spends the month surveying potential colonists. +2 to sending people to the new colony.
He spends a bit of time discussing the dimension travel with other wizards. None of the wizards in the colony know much about the specifics - It seems to involve opening a pocket dimension, then somehow forcing enough power through to open that into a third dimension. Targeting sounds rather difficult.
Also, he learns that four of the wizards were taught a spell to contact home. The spell would render the two casters comatose for two months. ((The colony leaders knew, and didn't see any reason to tell any of the players.))

New mission: Colonialist Fervor
Establish an outpost on island five and the infrastructure to ferry resources back to the main settlement.
Turns left: 3
Reward: Morale, based on time taken.
Penalty: Morale.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

The Trailsapper returns without further harm. They express concern that the second island is about half covered in ominous purple leaves.

{6} - Most people are taking conditions surprisingly stoically, and about 20% of the leaf addicts claim to be cured.

Ari's factory builds three generators.

Morale is poor.

Players:

IronyOwl's Edna Black, the Mutationist
Fniff's Zedas Piek, the Thanaturge
Tiruin's "Ari" Eloam, the Artificer
Draignean's Gordon Neider, the Geomancer
Lenglon's Unen the Entropist

Spoiler: Colonists (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resource Access (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Buildings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)

The "antagonists" are still recruiting. You should enlist with them.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:06:17 pm by Nirur Torir »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2014, 06:31:29 pm »

Huh, yet another explosion. Meh, I've seen better.
Continue researching into a individual-sized flight system.
If research goes unsatisfactorilly, then continue with it until it DOES go satisfactorilly.
but if it goes well, then my next project is to design a belt armed with a powerful explosive enchantment. When activated it would launch a ring outwards that would detonate after traveling half a meter in every direction. the explosives are to be very carefully shaped and timed such that within the ring itself the shcokwaves, the harmonics, the forces, everything would cancel out. The wearer would feel nothing and hear nothing. However outside that ring it would devastate the surrounding area. Keep your arms and legs within the safety ring at all times.

((I am somewhat curious what the antag's views are on Unen. I don't know if I'm their best friend or worst enemy. depending on how you look at things, I could easily fall into either category.))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:37:14 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2014, 06:46:08 pm »

Zedas Piek's Diary
Ah, but the smell of the friendly sky! It is the good now the I have learned of partial dimensional meanderings. Walk at hand is the proximity. Bears are the key. Vacation optimal. But the colonist vacation is immediate appropriate. In home, the vocal: if zeppelin cannot be trusted, river. The I am sure is correct translation. A the wizards primarily use zeppelins, and wizard way is never best way. Tell this: if "magic licenses" is the good, why the I am so important to colony? Silence, penal situation has nothing to do with wizard stupidity.
Start ordering the construction of boats to ferry large amounts of people in comfort and style. Focus on size and making the passengers happy. Zeppelins are okay, but if we want everyone to come we might as well do things in a nice way. What's a better impression: sailing on the open sea in enjoyable conditions, or being stuck in a cramped cargo airship built for crates while looking down on a vertigo inducing view?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2014, 07:14:28 pm »

((Wait a sec, my battery is still only 3% charged? It didn't accumulate anything?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2014, 08:07:03 pm »

((Wait a sec, my battery is still only 3% charged? It didn't accumulate anything?))
((I knew I forgot one. Not much change this turn due to heavy propulsion testing. It's now at 8%.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2014, 10:00:56 pm »

((I just hope our type of Colonialism doesn't turn into the malevolent type...))

The Trailsapper returns without further harm. They express concern that the second island is about half covered in ominous purple leaves.
"...Nothing in my knowledge on botany gives purple an ominous feeling, unless there's some sort of harmful nature to it." Ari said, mostly to herself and her spirit-buddy as she went along in her work.

Create a diverting mechanism for the colony that would shift all unused or auxiliary power sources to any directed output facility (Factory, Laboratory and such...) presumably for a better, more efficient and faster output.

Place those 3 generators by the port-perimeter to act as weather-wards, and as a auxiliary passage for power for the future-port.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2014, 04:46:32 am »

Edna laughed. A custom-protected sleeper agent, eh?

She gleefully snuggled him anyway.

Head back to the island with some slave-wizards and start working on the core of the colony- a house-tree the same size as one of the pillars of my project should be when fully grown, but more aware/conscious. Try to place it so that it's near where we'll probably put the docks, but far enough away that we'll have plenty of room to build/grow a fairly large colony around it should be want to.

Then spread this central tree's roots out and up to create concentric rings of normal-sized house-trees, leaving room for roads.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2014, 09:48:31 am »

Continue work on the docks. The failures are mitigated at this point, and even if it only ends up dropping stone into the bottom of the ocean, it will still get us something to work with.

Continue work on housing. Three thousand people freezing their asses off is unacceptable.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2014, 06:45:00 am »

Bump.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15