Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 15426 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Running on Barons since turn 8)
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2014, 07:04:38 pm »

"Well the Trailsapper came to mind earlier, but weren't one of you using it in the meantime? Other than a port, a ready expedition crew, and my thoughts on magical transport--nothing else, thank you." Ari said as she gave Edna a gesture of thanks.

"Though plans should also be drafted up for our receiving outpost there. Like a biological supply camp or a specimen retrieval area. Or something."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2014, 07:06:28 pm »

(So, where is this conversation taking place?)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2014, 07:07:45 pm »

((You can design the environment. I believe in the months that have passed, surely we..all meet at certain...points in the colony. :P))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2014, 07:08:36 pm »

I think in a kind of nether realm, everyone seems to be in differing parts of the town so it's either that or they are in a hivemind, I'm going 50/50 on both of them.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2014, 07:28:07 pm »

(While a hivemind seems kinda reasonable considering the situation, I'm going to ground this.)
Zedas' pub had become, if not a hangout for the locals, a place where the wizards of the populace could get a decent brew. The governor hadn't moved in the family yet, so Zedas rubbed the still-remaining counter with a certain sense of approaching mortality. He looked up at the proposal.
"Why a bother? The colonial smiles fail thus of no-one is the happy for a liquid. Wish this I had."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2014, 07:37:13 pm »

((Edna's pad, of course. Roomy enough for eight people!))

(While a hivemind seems kinda reasonable considering the situation, I'm going to ground this.)
Zedas' pub had become, if not a hangout for the locals, a place where the wizards of the populace could get a decent brew. The governor hadn't moved in the family yet, so Zedas rubbed the still-remaining counter with a certain sense of approaching mortality. He looked up at the proposal.
"Why a bother? The colonial smiles fail thus of no-one is the happy for a liquid. Wish this I had."
((Or that... for now...))

"Great! Well then I'll get to work figuring out what we'll be doing once we get to the island. And yes, I'll need the Trailsapper for that."

She then tilted her head at the foreigner, trying to parse what he was saying.

"...uh... are you saying you wish we had booze?"

OPTION A. Leaf-dependent magical dryad hive colony is go.

Produce and distribute that fertilizer for the trees.
Assuming the weather allows, take Rabbit, my pet bunny, and the Trailsapper to island five to examine those magical flowers in detail. If the weather does not allow, finish upgrading those older house trees that don't use magical shockwaves to echolocate each other.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2014, 08:16:56 pm »

Zedas looked at Edna like he just got asked "Why is a mouse when it spins".

"I think that it won't work. The smell of Rita, just that many nationalists on colonization, however, does not mean that when they left the island, you will be happy. We see in our brain, not as a reality."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2014, 08:48:56 pm »

Edna scratched her head a moment.

"Eh. Long as- ah, if happy in brain then no different, yes?

Also, island will be very nice. I plan much."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2014, 11:13:49 pm »

Gordon scratched his beard absently. He wasn't exactly sure where Zedas had managed to get alcohol, and, in all honesty, didn't want to ask. As long as he wasn't distilling it from those damnable leaves, the source of the liqueor was unimportant. "I can see about work on a dock, but we still need housing built. There are upwards of three thousand colonists living in tents. If we can't get them in houses, we're going to have a lot more problems than a bit of frustrated expansionism."

Take a look at the old port viability surveys, see about using my stoneshaping abilities to improve the odds. We need a port capable of servicing both airships and water vessels, connected to the power grid that's being established, and further connected to the street system that's forming.
Look into the possibility of shaping itacolumite and pumice (or a pumice like stone) from existing materials.

Continue to construct stone housing for the populace, expanding and populating my existing paths.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2014, 05:05:38 pm »

[....]
Assuming the weather allows, take Rabbit, my pet bunny, and the Trailsapper to island five to examine those magical flowers in detail. If the weather does not allow, finish upgrading those older house trees that don't use magical shockwaves to echolocate each other.[/b]
{6} - If you try, then the governor will be persuaded to allow taking the Trailsapper out when the weather clears up early in the month, but, damaged as it is, a resurgence in the weather might result in it needing extensive repairs.

Regardless, the cold weather will prevent repairs at least for the next month.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2014, 05:46:30 pm »

Hum. 'Tis a small price to pay for getting advance warning on those flowers... but it's not necessarily a necessary price. Depending on how the rest goes...

Oh, who am I kidding. The instant we have transportation, we'll be mostly set up for the colony proper, which means anyone who can build (hint hint me) will be the bottleneck. I need to know about those flowers ASAP. :I

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2014, 05:49:06 pm »

((So Ari is replying in a storm. Fixing~))
"Or, we can work against this hostile climate first, then everything later. What do you all think? I didn't perceive these difficulties coming."

Ari looked at Edna, "...Flowers?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2014, 08:02:59 pm »

Edna perked up immediately.

"Yes! Our target has magical flowers growing on it. We don't know anything else yet, but they may end up being a very integral part of the colony.

And we can worry about the weather later. Nobody's going to freeze to death while we work; they'll just be very unhappy and prone to squabbling with each other."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2014, 03:34:05 pm »

((Fniff?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2014, 07:05:35 pm »

((I was waiting for someone to add to the conversation btw x3

Go Fniff!~))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15