Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 15437 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Running on Barons since turn 8)
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2014, 10:51:38 pm »

I bring newts.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2014, 01:03:27 am »

((I always wonder how Irony does make it so simple yet so...well-defined. The lines and..and their curvature? So awesome.

And slinky. They're also so slinky. :I))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2014, 05:29:15 pm »

((Clearly art means turns, even though I meant to get this written out yesterday.))

{6} - Edna graciously allows people to be crammed into her project. After seeing to it that that the scorpions are housed safely inside, she begins studying the house-trees' leaves. They appear to have enough nutrient value to keep someone alive indefinitely, but not exactly healthy (20% less food consumption for occupants). They have a bit of latent magic that causes physical addiction if they're consumed over a few months. This appears to be otherwise harmless, but it's hard to be certain. One house-tree's leaves are enough to satisfy the addiction for twice its standard number of occupants. She also <OOC: CHOOSE ONE. The other is lost, and would take a difficult follow-up roll, as might an action directly copying a GM's example action>
A) discovers a second, weak, very faint source of magic in the leaves. With a few months to a year of semi-dedicated effort, she might be able to get a strain with this source strengthened. She's not entirely sure what it does, but it seems faintly familiar, and she thinks she could reliably harvest magical ingredients once she's finished.
B) narrows down the source of addiction. She should be able to develop a meal supplement to be made in Ari's factory, which would increase morale, at the cost of addiction. This would clear up the reliance on leaves. She thinks she could also develop a cure for the addiction. Using it would briefly hurt morale, but it would be the least harmful way to deal with the addiction.
{5} - After studying the native flora, which are primarily deciduous trees that have shed their leaves, Edna decides that she only needs a bit of lightly magically-infused fertilizer to coax them out of hibernation. The test house-trees begin to re-grow their leaves after a week of applications. She estimates that she could make enough fertilizer to last the rest of the winter, and distribute it for people to apply to their own dwellings.

{2} - While the factory re-tools, Unen tries to teach one of the other wizards how to build his thermal goggles. After two weeks, he's decided that nobody other than Ari is qualified to learn without extensive effort, and she was too busy with her own projects.
{5} - Work on the power nodes goes very well. He even manages to get them installed throughout the colony before the month is over.

{5} - Ari posts really great posters around the colony and accidentally triggers a wave of colonialist fervor amongst the masses.
{3} - She then spends time theorizing about a magical transport system possible with the colonial infrastructure. (+1 to designing one next turn)

{2}, {1} - Zedas spends the month trying to convince the governor to give people a holiday. By the end of it, Jaegar is completely fed up with him, and re-appropriates the tavern for use as a house.

{5} - Gordon masterfully creates a grid of ditches which can safely be used to channel stone and make houses, which will be upgraded to stone roads promptly.
{2}+1=3 - Using his new safety net, he manages not to kill anybody while making houses.

New mission: Colonialist Fervor
Establish an outpost on island five and the infrastructure to ferry resources back to the main settlement.
Turns left: 4
Reward: Morale, based on time taken.
Penalty: Morale.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

The Trailsapper is being retrofitted with a generator.

{2} - A harsh blizzard strikes, leaving nearly no work done outside this month. Nobody dies, somehow, but people are greatly upset by being stuck indoors in cramped conditions.
{2} - The Trailsapper is lightly damaged by the people smushed inside for temporary shelter. It could still conduct scouting operations in good weather. Without proper facilities, no repairs will be possible until winter ends.
People are pretty unhappy about the lack of leaves, but the samples from Edna's fertilizer testing trees and the promise that the situation will be resolved soon blunts the unrest.

Morale is bad.

Players:

IronyOwl's Edna Black, the Mutationist
Fniff's Zedas Piek, the Thanaturge
Tiruin's "Ari" Eloam, the Artificer
Draignean's Gordon Neider, the Geomancer
Lenglon's Unen the Entropist

Spoiler: Colonists (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resource Access (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Buildings (click to show/hide)

The "antagonists" are still recruiting.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2014, 11:00:08 pm »

((Morale is bad and on a [5] I trigger...Colonialist fervor?! xD
Oh dear goodness. We should change this system of governance. Despotism doesn't do our people good.
Mayhap, I shall start a revolt! But Ari doesn't see the same. Oops!
[I'm partly biased against Colonialism because...and hopefully said island does not have...natives. Sentient natives, y'know. Given my..country's history. >_>
Waaaaiiit, it's also good since we can change that! Oooooo. I like this choice Nirur. I liike it a lot.]))

Ari has that skip in her step and moves up to every [Protagonist], bearing good news and telling of the resource benefits, and possible contact with others:

"Edna, Zedas, Gordon..Unen! The plans are coming to fruition! In the next months or so, we'd be having a working dock, a port and possibly a shipyard (or an airshipyard..) later, then expansion and logistic purposes. And tariffs! Think of how the people will benefit! This'll surely aid the general happiness here. I...need your help on this, however."

She made a tiny note on her own opinion on the matter, however. "We may even make this place as good as, or better than, our past world!."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2014, 11:22:52 pm »

"...why?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2014, 02:22:42 am »

Ari stopped and mulled over that idea.

Huh, why was she doing this?
"For the Colony?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2014, 02:27:04 am »

"...How?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2014, 02:29:40 am »

"Usage of airships, ships...and chemistry. And we get to investigate the oceans for anything else. And the morale."

Ari looked at the rest.

"I mean, most of you have that silly angry face most of the time. I figured some kind of two-way transit between here and some exotic place would put a smile there. Sorta. And..and we can use the zeppelin like a carrier!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2014, 02:32:00 am »

"...Why?"
"Why would it do that?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2014, 02:37:54 am »

"There's...innovation. And probably all sorts of colorful bunnies. And lizards. And newts. And..well, we'll be working along the way. I've got an idea for using our magic for transport. Erm, that is-you're all free to not help. I mean.."
I told you to talk to them earlier.
I was busy alright? Projects take work!
And that network design helped..how?
"Bluh."

> Design that transport plan that I thought of earlier! Leave spaces for future improvements!

> Devise a system that would render the possible port mentioned earlier inured to the weather and able to function in all but the harshest storms, theoretically.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2014, 02:44:28 am »

"How can I help?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2014, 03:34:50 am »

"Well, I've seen your work" mostly adored it... "and I wonder if we could apply it..well, the laws of thermodynamics. How an explosive force generates energy through the release of...whatever binds the material in the first place."
...I hope I got it right.
"Or making a new engine or combustion system."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2014, 03:49:20 am »

Unen strokes his chin for several moments.
Then walks away to his bunker wordlessly.

Look into using the breakdown of various high-energy materials and/or miniaturized, rechargeable power storage cells to provide a constant reliable kinetic thrust and channeling it in a designated direction, with emphasis on keeping the direction controlled so that there is no wasted energy and no backwash upon nearby equipment or persons, including the thruster system itself. Focus upon adapting this into a form a propulsion system, both on a large scale capable of moving entire ships if need be, and upon a small scale able to carry a individual person and upon a tiny scale able to make tiny finite adjustments to the larger systems, intended more for control than power, and linked to their larger parent systems for their power.

In other words: ship-sized-rockets and personal rocket packs.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2014, 03:58:23 am »

So make some shoes frictionless on the bottom, stick a couple of suckers on the backs, and you got some rocket skates?

Oh yes, and some any item shotguns? Think about it, a basic metal tube, the thruster thing designed to output force, and bam, shotgun.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:01:17 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2014, 04:07:36 pm »

((Cure addiction or mystery box. Damn you, Nirur. :o))

"I agree!" Edna piped up. "This fervor is an excellent opportunity to raise morale. I say we begin immediately.

I was planning on making tree ships, but it sounds like you've got other plans. Possibly just as well, seeing as I'm clearly the best choice for establishing the colony structures proper. And hey, with overcrowding so terminal on the mainland, I'm sure we'll be drowning in volunteers!

...so yes, I suppose I'll be investigating the island flora for now. Need me for anything else?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15