Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New queen is a vampire with Necromancer consort  (Read 3431 times)

Dozus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New queen is a vampire with Necromancer consort
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 05:52:05 pm »

Sometimes I wonder how these fucking dwarves get elected.
Your average Urist McDwarf doesn't care if you're a vampire or a necromancer. He votes on the issues.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 06:13:39 pm »

Your average Urist McDwarf doesn't care if you're a vampire or a necromancer. He votes on the issues.

My recent fortress had a vampire. I knew who it was before the first draining, so I marked it down. A couple of weeks later he committed his first murder, so he was immediately put in prison. A few weeks AFTER this, the vampire was elected mayor of the fortress. This is where it gets good.

He served his entire sentence, got out, celebrated by immediately draining a furnace operator.

So he was put back in prison. A week after this he 'conducted a meeting' in prison. His meeting was with the person who accused him of the murder. A 1 year old dwarf. The daughter of the furnace operator. This 1 year old dwarf was marked in his relationship screen as a "Long-Term Acquaintance."

All the while, getting re-elected as mayor.

Only in Dwarf Fortress.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

CreamyDoughnut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 07:31:14 pm »

My recent fortress had a vampire. I knew who it was before the first draining, so I marked it down. A couple of weeks later he committed his first murder, so he was immediately put in prison. A few weeks AFTER this, the vampire was elected mayor of the fortress. This is where it gets good.

He served his entire sentence, got out, celebrated by immediately draining a furnace operator.

So he was put back in prison. A week after this he 'conducted a meeting' in prison. His meeting was with the person who accused him of the murder. A 1 year old dwarf. The daughter of the furnace operator. This 1 year old dwarf was marked in his relationship screen as a "Long-Term Acquaintance."

All the while, getting re-elected as mayor.

Only in Dwarf Fortress.

Kid formed a pact with the vampire. He'd come to the Mountain-home and kill a few people she saw as undesirables and she'd spread propaganda to the peasants that a vampire is the best kind of mayor.

My source is Ender's Game.

Vidox Darkling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 06:59:25 am »

Surprisingly accurate. I had a Military Police State kind of fort going on. My commander was my leader, as well as my broker. Every time there was a zombie or siege or trading caravan, he'd drop what he was doing, run inside, and hold a meeting that lasted ages. And after moving something to the trade depot, he'd hold another meeting, asking for suggestions on how they could improve their goods transfer speed. And then a meeting on how to improve meetings. And it just kept going.
Pages: 1 [2]