Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Will be updated tomarrow! Sorry guys!]  (Read 14237 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [4th post is up!]
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2013, 11:01:21 am »

Delay the wolves, just enough to give us time to get there in person. Quicksand, elevated position, whatever do the trick.

I am torn between fleeing to the south and holding ground.

No to rejuvenating Sjamm'd.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2013, 11:32:51 am »

Heal them. Tell him that, although we are small, we are also rather... creative.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 12:07:16 pm »

Alright, Looks like we have.

City-2
South-2
Hold ground-1

Everyone says heal em pretty much.

I'm just waiting on a tie breaker. Also, I suppose I'll use this time to go more in depth to a few game mechanics. Not that my game really has that many of them at the moment. :P I suppose I should of put a bit more thought into this beforehand. Anyways, I'll be filling out the information and listing a few game mechanics Here to clarify a few things. It's empty right now, but give me a bit to fill it out.

Heal them. Tell him that, although we are small, we are also rather... creative.

Who are you referring to? The lizardfolk fighting? It sounds like that might have been meant for the chaos god we left.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2013, 12:20:02 pm »

Create vines to restrain the chaos dogs so that the warriors can finish them off.
Meanwhile, send the avatar, and when it arrives lead them back to the village.

I'm tempted to head back south due to the food, safety, and the mention of a fire mountain in earlier posts. Whose idea was it not to go fire/earth and be the anklyosaur of magma again? :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2013, 12:20:22 pm »

Yeah, referring to chaos god. Or towards the lizard people, if they feel worried with our combat capabilities.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2013, 12:22:25 pm »

I don't know I feel like we are one of them forest titans, raw energy of the wilderness, I wonder why we are not aligned with chaos...

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2013, 12:53:23 pm »

Alright, Looks like traveling to the south wins. I'm working on the post now, also, I've updated the game mechanics section. I'll add the update onto the main post as well when I do it.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Working on Day 2 turn 2 post now!]
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »

You shift yourself briefly to Your Avatar, only long enough to let it let loose a low growl, the mighty ankylosaurus breaking into a run The lizardfolk scattering from its path and clearing a way for it. As your avatar leaves the camp, you inform Sjamn'd to tell the tribesmen to pack and get ready to move to the south. The beast of earth and vines thundering down into the swamp, it's heavy footsteps sending reverberations through the ground. Vines nor muddy, swampy water stop it.  You estimate that it will take fifteen minutes for your avatar to reach the fighting lizardfolk. You shift your gaze back to them, watching the battle on-going. The soft slick of sword burying itself into flesh, the ferocious roar of claws meeting cold, hard steel echoing throughout the swamp. The six lizardfolk still stand proudly, their bodies and their blades stained with their own blood and the blood of their foes. A dozen of the chaos-dogs laying across the ground, slain by the warriors.

Still, you can sense the tide of the battle turning, there are just to many for them to defeat without assistance. You extend tendrils of  out, burying them into the ground around the lizardfolk. You pour your energy into the earth, twisting it, shaping it and imbuing it with life. It's not enough, you focus further, pouring more of yourself into your creation. You shape the earth within the tendrils, filling it with your energy till you feel yourself feeling faint. The female leader is the first to notice your efforts, taking a step back as the ground beneath her feet suddenly bursts with life, long, thin tendrils of the earth shooting out and burying themselves in the chaos-dogs surrounding them. One of the dogs take several steps to the side, a tendril buried into it's side, that living vine of earth bursting from it's back and burying itself back into the dog, squeals and shrieks of pain escaping it as it quickly becomes riddled with holes. The lizardfolk find themselves backing into each other, the circle tightening, disbelief and shock written across their faces as they watch the very earth they had been standing upon tear into the chaotic foes and rip them apart. At that moment your avatar bursts onto the scene, the several ton beast running at full tilt digging it's front legs into the ground. It's own inertia dragging it's hind legs forward, the beast swinging around. It's massive, jagged rock tail slamming into the remaining dogs with a force equal to several tons of pressure. Gore flying into the air with splatters of the fallen chaos-dogs.

-4 energy

Your creation of vines and earth disappearing as the energy that gave it life vanishes. The earthy vines turning into dirt and splattering down on the ground. Silence reigns in the cheering before a ragged, tired cry escapes the defenders. The female leader steps forward cautiously, eyeing your avatar before she speaks, her voice low and soft. "...You are the speaker of one of those beings yes? Or perhaps you are just a creation sent to aid us...Forgive me great one, I am Selind'a, member of the Sud'kar...Or...Former member I am afraid, I have not seen any others of my tribe since the fall of Ved'on. My warriors and I thank you for your help, I fear that we may have fallen without it.  "

Your avatar steps towards the small group, sparks running along it's body as you spill your energy into it. You speak through it, your voice gravelly and deep, "Worry not warrior of Sud'kar, Your tribe still remains, I have been called forth by the wishes and wills of the swamp and your people. I now look over the Sud'kar...Your wounds shall be healed for the service you have done your people, slaying the foes that have harmed them." Your avatar leans forward, it's snout brushing softly over the bodies of the wounded, the sparks that danced along it's body darting onto to theirs. Their flesh knitting, bones healing and wounds closing as your energy flows over them. Moments later they stand rejuvenated. "Come now Warriors of Sud'kar, climb upon me and we shall return. We have much that must be done..." The six survivors heed your words and clamber onto the back of your Avatar, with a thought you send it to return back to the village.

By the time your avatar returns to the tribe it is midday, the village is bustling with life. Where only a few days ago the villagers within had been bleak and worried, yet today, they eagerly rushed to complete their tasks. The lizardfolk are bustling with energy, quick at the work. Several were harvesting the fruits you had grown for them and carefully extracting the seeds, yet others were shifting and collecting he tents. A few stood watchful on the edges of the camp, their eyes scanning the surroundings for any of the dangerous beasts that often lurk in such swamps. When your avatar strolls into camp, there are loud exclamations of excitement, several of the tribesman darting towards your avatar. You watch the reunions going on before you hear Sjamn'd speak your name softly, "You've done well exalted one...I know those markings, they are of our tribe. The warriors of Sud'kar have always been skilled at martial arms, we survived only because of them. When our hometown of Ved'on fell, many of us escaped with our lives only because the warriors held the line to the last lizard. They gave their lives so that we might live ours, Selind'a was the leader in charge of our forces holding the town. She is a competent commander and very skilled with her blade. It is not her fault our home was lost, the one like you from before had abandoned us and left us vulnerable to the Udonii's twisted beasts and magicks."

"Seklus..." Hearing Selind'a speak, you shift your gaze away from the old shaman and focus on her. Her gaze falls upon you, she must be one of the few blessed with the sight to see beings like yourself. "I thank you...You've given the Sud'kar hope...I can see it written across their faces...You restored the spirit we had lost. You have my allegiance, and the allegiance of the warriors beneath me. We are honor-sworn to protect the Sud'kar to the last. We are yours to command, as long as you hold the best interests of the Sud'kar at heart."

+5 followers gained!
Heroic Unit Selind'a gained!

A commotion draws your attention away from Selind'a, one of the warriors that had you had rescued throws his blade to the ground and points a claws finger to the sky. He scowls and hisses angrily, clicking softly before yelling at the sky, "Seklus! Why should I follow you? Why should I believe the words of your kind? We placed out trust in the words of your kind once before, we had listened to them and it led us to ruin! He abandoned us and left us to be slaughtered! How can I place my trust in a being that might do the same?"

The camp falls silent following the warrior's words. Your followers look amongst themselves, none of them are sure how you'll react to his words. You had been generous and helpful tot he Sud'kar so far but none of them had ever dared to show this kind of outright distrust and hositility to you either.

Moral issue has arisen! Role-playing segment engaged. How do you react to his words? Strike the heathen down where he stands? Reason with him? Abandon him? Some other action I haven't listed?

One turn till camp is packed and ready to move.
Any other actions you would like to take? Any questions to ask Sjamn'd?

Spoiler: Information (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Day 2 turn 2 up!]
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2013, 02:23:42 pm »

In the world where the Chaos God reigns, there's no certainty, but that off death. For Chaos is the embodiment of uncertainty, of doubt, of fear, and ultimately of betrayal. Your former patron succumbed to the Chaos, and has been erased from this world. Yet still, his ghost still troubles you, and his fear has become yours. You will be allowed to choose: you can follow your own god, to the realm of chaos and the death, or you can follow me, and hope for a better future.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2013, 02:24:38 pm »

'Just today I saw your plight and came to your salvation. I healed your wounds and tore down the disease that ravaged your people. Would i do this only to abandon you to your fate?'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2013, 02:26:16 pm »

Proud warrior, hear me, I was brought forth to protect your people, I exist for no other purpose.  If words be inadequate, then observe, where your people were sickened and starving, now they are healthy and fed.  You and your fellows have only benefited from my prescence here.  If still you deny me, then I say to you offer the weight of your words as council, I shall listen and we will discuss.  But first we must relocate to safer ground, to the south lies a secluded region of the swamp, it is fruitful and secure, there we can turn our attention to greater problems than simple survival.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2013, 03:21:50 pm »

In the world where the Chaos God reigns, there's no certainty, but that off death. For Chaos is the embodiment of uncertainty, of doubt, of fear, and ultimately of betrayal. Your former patron succumbed to the Chaos, and has been erased from this world. Yet still, his ghost still troubles you, and his fear has become yours. You will be allowed to choose: you can follow your own god, to the realm of chaos and the death, or you can follow me, and hope for a better future.
+1
Also tell them, that no living being, save a plant, shall die by their hands unless it is in self-defense.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2013, 03:25:58 pm »

Also tell them, that no living being, save a plant, shall die by their hands unless it is in self-defense.
-1. Don't make promises we cannot keep. Ever.

Sigtext

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2013, 03:30:47 pm »

Oh I meant to say that our lizardy dudes should become vegetarians, honoring nature, since we are a earth and life god

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »

"honoring nature" does not, by any stretch of the imagination, equate with being vegetarian.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12