Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Will be updated tomarrow! Sorry guys!]  (Read 14228 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: You are a....? [Working on the update now.]
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 03:47:50 pm »

Ehh, I'm not really down with the 'chaos and evil' crowd, I'd rather do something constructive.
Improving the efficiency of mortal management through fear and subjugation is constructive.

Also what Eotyrannus said
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2013, 03:50:52 pm »

Your free to take whatever path you choose, I'll get into it more later once we've gotten past the basic create your god stage, but your choices will affect those of your chosen race. Think of it a bit like the black and white games, namely the creature management. You could turn them into savage, mindless murdering machines, or you could lead them down a gentler path. While I do have a general idea for how this will play out, you guys are still,ultimately in charge. I'll normally offer a suggestion or two, but you are allowed to offer your own.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 04:16:24 pm »

While theoretically OK with the evil path, I'll warn you that I am physically unable to be evil, and as such would stop playing if we went too far.
It's not a reproach, honestly I'm sometimes quite upset at myself for being so unnerved by evil roleplay. :I
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 04:19:26 pm »

My only issue with evil play is that I am entirely too good at it, and thus tend to ruin other's enjoyment, good on the other hand is challenging.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2013, 04:24:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With your choice made, you extend the tendrils of your mind. Burying them deep into the white sphere and the red sphere. You feel power burying itself into your body, you find your mind reeling from the sensation for several long moments. When you recover, you shift your gaze out externally, and with but a thought you begin to mold your shapeless mass into that of a mighty Ankylosaurus. It is a long, tiring process. Nearly an hour passes before you complete it, with that done you find yourself feeling rather weak.

With a simple thought, your avatar bursts from the soft ground in front of the surprised lizardmen. It's nearly thrice the height of one of the lizard-folk. You thought you the design for the avatar had been rather impressive, It was a towering, lithe beast of dirt and moss. Thin slates of rock acting as scales, dirt providing the mass and body of the ankylosaurus, hundreds of thick vines running across it's body, acting like the tendons and muscles of the beast.

You speak through your avatar, it's words escaping from it's lips in a low, raspy growl," I am Seklus, Guardian of the Swamps, and the Life-bringer!" A tremor runs through your avatar, starting at it's tail and running through it's body. When it reaches the head, it's mouth open and a mighty roar escapes your avatar. The sounds in the swamp silencing for several long moments after that. The lizardfolk drop their weapons and fall down onto all fours, laying themselves out across the ground in worship. They begin chanting in their guttural, language and you feel waves of power flow into your body from their worship. Strengthening you and replenishing the precious energy you had used in creating your avatar.

You turn your attention to the shaman, leaving your avatar where it is as you whisper directly into the shaman's mind. "Tell me Shaman...Who is it that hunts the Sud'kar into extinction? What foes have come unbidden and unwelcome into our lands to slay my people..."

The shaman jerks in surprise at the sound of your voice, recovering moments later, his grip tightening on his ornate staff. His claws digging into the tough wood, "They are called the Udonii...They are of our race...Or were, they have been twisted by another one like you oh Seklus. Their sanity is gone, their respect for life has vanished....They consume all they come across, they destroy and they ravage. Our tribe used to be many great one....but in less than two seasons, they have reduced us down to what you see here...Only forty of us are left...Come great one, We will show you our village...And...I am known among the Sud'kar as Sjamn'd. "

At Sjamn'd's beckoning, the lizardmen raise and huddle around the shaman. Their claws hands resting easily on their weapons as they travel. With a simple thought, you move your avatar, the massive Anklyosarus lumbering after your new followers. It takes nearly hald a day to reach the village, the lizardfolk lumbering into their homes.

Simple, easily moved tents are scattered throughout the small clearing in the swamp. Little campfires dotting the area. All in all, you sense twenty-four flickers of life within the camp. Upon closer inspection, you can see the malnutrition and starved bodies of many of your people. It looks like the times had been hard on them. Your attention is drawn to Sjamn'd as he speaks, "We lack the strength we once had...Our tribe has grown frail, we have been forced to move constantly, fleeing deeper and deeper into the swampland to avoid those cursed Udonii, we have only been surviving off of what little we could hunt while we fled. I beg of you Seklus....Do not allow us to fall to these twisted beings! Save the Sud'kar and restore us to our former glory and we shall follow you to the ends of the earth!..."

A note on actions, I'll do as many as it seems reasonable to do in a turn.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:47:39 pm by Xardalas »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [2nd post up!]
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2013, 04:29:11 pm »

Start by securing an area large enough for the tribe to support themselves in by raising massive stone ramparts from the depths.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2013, 04:44:11 pm »

((How to spoiler properly:

Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Heading]Content[/spoiler]
And it looks like this:

Spoiler: Heading (click to show/hide)
))

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2013, 04:47:07 pm »

((How to spoiler properly:

Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Heading]Content[/spoiler]
And it looks like this:

Spoiler: Heading (click to show/hide)
))

Thankies. I never was any good with stuff. :P

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2013, 04:47:55 pm »

Twenty four? Wait, that's not nearly enough to keep the genepool fresh in the long term...

We need to either incorporate other tribes or use magic to keep inbreeding effects at bay. But not immediatly. We'll worry about it in a couple years.

Onto more pressing matters, we need to scout before we act. Use our powers to feel the earth, map the area in our heads. Including a rough estimation of lifeforms present, geographic features, etc...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2013, 04:56:08 pm »

Twenty four? Wait, that's not nearly enough to keep the genepool fresh in the long term...

We need to either incorporate other tribes or use magic to keep inbreeding effects at bay. But not immediatly. We'll worry about it in a couple years.

Onto more pressing matters, we need to scout before we act. Use our powers to feel the earth, map the area in our heads. Including a rough estimation of lifeforms present, geographic features, etc...
+1 to this, but we need to secure ourselves as well, these persons are not in good enough condition to defend themselves, so we have to keep them alive. (If black and white is the inspiration dead followers = dead god)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 04:57:11 pm »

Start by securing an area large enough for the tribe to support themselves in by raising massive stone ramparts from the depths.
-1 I would like further information, before we comit ourself to a location; as soon as we know that it is favourable enough...

Anyways, what I see as most pressing matter;

Grow fruits fitting to stafe off the worst of their hunger
An Army marches on its stomach afterall - also, first impression and all that

Heal those that are afflicted by illness
Lets show them what we are all about.

This should give their morale and our standing an instant boost.

Inquire further about our new-found enemy
Knowledge is power...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2013, 04:59:39 pm »

Sneak attacks against weakened targets is a great way for us to lose followers.  Just sayin'.  And since Earth and Life are our spheres, we could pretty easily adjust the surrounding area to suit our needs.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:03:40 pm by NullForceOmega »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 05:12:43 pm »

We need not to sleep, for we are the Earth Who Is Alive. Our unfaltering vigilance shall be the walls protecting our followers.
Full Sig

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 05:51:15 pm »

Alright, looks like the general idea is to scout the surrounding area and grow food/heal your villagers. The -1 to the raising the earthen wall canceled it out. I'm working on the post now. As usual, you can expect it in twenty to forty minutes. Hope you guys are enjoying this.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Ankylosaurus God! [Writing 3rd post now.]
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 06:20:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your mind considers many possibilities for your next actions, however, you soon find yourself hampered by a simple lack of knowledge. Deciding rather quickly that you need to fix that, first though, you have several rather pressing matters you must attend to in the camp of your people. Almost half of your followers had been weakened by starvation and disease. You know little to to nothing about the surrounding areas and you have but a very basic knowledge of the foe your people face.

Your avatar begins to move, lumbering into the middle of the camp before releasing a mighty bellow, drawing the attention of the weary lizardfolk in the camp. Using your avatar you speak, your voice is booming in the nearly silent swamp. "Fear not people of Sud'kar, Seklus, shall not ignore your plea's. Rest easy and bring forth your sick, your weakened and your ill, lay them at my feet and watch. Allow this to be the proof that times are changing, no longer shall the Sud'kar fear those who wish harm upon them!" Several of the lizardfolk look uncertain, glancing warily up at the avatar. One or two of them glance over at Sjamn'd, the shaman gives a slight nod and slowly your orders are obeyed. Eleven, heavily ill and weakened lizard folk lay at your avatar's feet. You extend your senses out towards them, before recoiling in shock. You can sense the illness within, they were tainted by foreign energy, a twisted, horrid mix of chaotic and deathly energies within.  A shudder runs through your being, feeling your insides recoil from the unearthly feeling. The illness that was ravaging your people was not here by mistake, it was designed to target them. You estimate  that it would take roughly half of your current energy to heal these sick followers.

You consider briefly bringing forth a fruit from the ground to feed your people, but you put it off for now. It would be better to decide if it is worth the energy to expend once you have a better grasp of your situation.

Sjamn'd clicks softly to get your attention, he shifts slightly about before sighing. "Please great one....Forgive their skepticism...We used to have another one of your kind among us, but he abandoned the Sud'kar and fled when the Udonii attacked us. I beg of you...Give them time....They will learn to trust your judgement, I swear to you, they meant no offense....

You choose to decide whether to make the followers pay for the slight later, for now, you whisper into the shaman's mind. "Sjamn'd....Tell me of...."

You shift your attention momentarily away from your ill followers, you reach out with your senses, extending them as far as you can in every direction. Many miles to your south lay the burning mountains you had sensed earlier, though you can no longer have a clear sense of them as you once had. Many, many miles to your east lays a vast, vast expanse of grasslands. To your west lays...a seemingly endless ocean only a few miles from the edge of the swamp where your people are. You extend your senses to the north, shock running throughout your being. Seemingly endless waves of chaotic energy roll down from the north, your gaze travels further north, the swampland a blur as it passes beneath you. Slowly changing from swamps full of life into twisting, changing chaotic hellshapes. A sharp pain blows through your body and a hysterical, high pitch squealing voice booms out all around you. A being of immense power forming up near you, the difference between you is unbelievable. Just his presence contains enough power to almost utterly wipe you from existence. " Hehehehe...Another one? The wiggly, squiggly, scaly ones brought forth yet another one? How quaint! How silly! How cute! Tell me, do tell me, Will you taste as delicious as the last? Will you, shall you abandon those squiggly, iggly scaly ones and flee? My my my, How tasty they are!"

Do you heal your followers? How do you respond to the chaotic being? What do you choose to ask Sjamn'd?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12