Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58253 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 13) Into the City
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2013, 03:42:33 am »

Now with the group, Akari felt more at ease. The people she had just 'fixed' were all healthy and hale.

That didn't explain why she felt bad. That twingy, stabbing nail in her side, or the cold ambience didn't explain what she had just seen--intuition was her best guess on this distress.

"Guys. I really really don't like the calm here. It's like a graveyard. I'll conjure up a ball of light, can you people silently check the nearby buildings?"

Conjure a ball of light and scout the current vicinity with it. Try to discern any shapes from my position.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2013, 07:00:29 am »

Renard follows the group, whincing slightly

"Not to complain or anything, but I'm pretty sure I can't do anything but hobble at a leisurely pace without hurting myself with this wound. Any ideas how to circumvent a multi-week long recovery period?"

Follow group, stay close to Akari and look around me

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 01, 2013, 08:11:05 am »

Akari stopped and couldn't help but grin at Renard's words.

"I really doubt there's little you can do. Look at me, I've no armor or weapons except for the fitted clothing off my back, and I'm doing quite fine (all thanks to you people). You need a bit of innovation there.

"Try playing that guitar."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 01, 2013, 12:15:26 pm »

Joe attempts to look inside the warehouses without making any noise, hoping that there are stocks of booze in there

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 01, 2013, 07:01:54 pm »

Check if the warehouses can be broken into without making any noise, but follow the group regardless.

(Sorry, thanksgiving break was pretty busy for me.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2013, 09:35:42 am »

"Erm... let us move on! Yes! This instant!"

Look for signs of friendly undead!
it's somewhat amusing how only some actions require rolls.

you don't find any signs of friendly undead.

however, their side effects do sometimes require rolls.

You do hear some kind of clicking sound coming from somewhere up the road at a regular rhythm though. It's pretty quiet now but it's getting louder.
Now with the group, Akari felt more at ease. The people she had just 'fixed' were all healthy and hale.

That didn't explain why she felt bad. That twingy, stabbing nail in her side, or the cold ambience didn't explain what she had just seen--intuition was her best guess on this distress.

"Guys. I really really don't like the calm here. It's like a graveyard. I'll conjure up a ball of light, can you people silently check the nearby buildings?"

Conjure a ball of light and scout the current vicinity with it. Try to discern any shapes from my position.
Akari will: 6-1
You manage to conjure up a ball of light, despite your raging headache, and with it you're able to see a bit better. what you notice first though, is that a streak on the cobbled stones that previously you had assumed of dried mud or dirt, actually is the wrong shade. a little too dark and slightly red-ish. probably dried blood? it looks to be streaked like something bloody was dragged along the road farther into the city. something is really wrong here, and you're still feeling really creeped out.
Renard follows the group, whincing slightly

"Not to complain or anything, but I'm pretty sure I can't do anything but hobble at a leisurely pace without hurting myself with this wound. Any ideas how to circumvent a multi-week long recovery period?"

Follow group, stay close to Akari and look around me
you notice the same bloodstain Akari does.
Joe attempts to look inside the warehouses without making any noise, hoping that there are stocks of booze in there

well, at first it's too dark to see in there, but after Akari makes her light orb you're able to see inside a bit. looks like this first one is full of construction lumber. annnnnd oh, nice, this one has lots of cloth and fabrics! annnnnnd this one is pretty much all food, oooohhh, and this one's got kegs of beer and a large ramp going down!

Joe is running from warehouse window to warehouse window like a small child, and finding different possible toys within.
Check if the warehouses can be broken into without making any noise, but follow the group regardless.

(Sorry, thanksgiving break was pretty busy for me.)
warehouse 1 (lumber): no, boarded up too well
warehouse 2 (textiles): looks like somebody already broke into this one, looking through a window you can see a side door lying on the ground, leaving an opening in the alley between warehouses.
warehouse 3 (food): nope
warehouse 4 (beer): something's messed up about this one, upon close inspection you realize that the windows are hinged, and they were boarded up entirely for show, the boards nailed to the mobile windowframe and not to the wall next to it. the doors are totally unusable, but you could probably slip in the windows without any issues at all.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 14) Warehouses
« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2013, 01:59:11 pm »

((Now I just KNOW that booze warehouse is so easy just to trap my poor hobo. But hey, roleplaying.))
Joe briefly exclaims "BOOZE!" and then tries his hardest to drag the rest of the team through the warehouse windows, knowing full well he shouldn't be going places alone.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2013, 02:44:21 pm »

((Oh well. I was just entertaining hopes that the undead will have found something more interesting to do than hunger for the deaths of the living and other such boring things.

Really, adventurer-fodder undead are pretty much the absolute bottom of the barrel as far as things to fight go. At least kobolds and goblins have a little personality, and they can feel pain and overriding self-preservation.))

"So... I am starting to get the feeling that this isn't the most interesting town, chaps. These creatures don't seem willing to make much conversation! Perhaps we should just get whatever we can from here and then get to someplace more civilized? I'd certainly like to be among people once again."

Assist with warehouse looting!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 02, 2013, 04:08:19 pm »

((Oh well. I was just entertaining hopes that the undead will have found something more interesting to do than hunger for the deaths of the living and other such boring things.

Really, adventurer-fodder undead are pretty much the absolute bottom of the barrel as far as things to fight go. At least kobolds and goblins have a little personality, and they can feel pain and overriding self-preservation.))
((I cannot respond to this at this time because <spoilers>.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 02, 2013, 04:54:51 pm »

((I cannot respond to this at this time because <spoilers>.))
((The undead are actually just normal people trapped in their own decaying corpses by magical fog that forces them to wander around killing and feeding on other humans all while unable to actually do anything but watch their own atrocities?))

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2013, 06:05:12 pm »

((I never thought of them as undead! :P
Now we go deeper into the garlic onion.))

"No joking. We've been attacked by what I guess is a guard patrol...and they didn't even ask for our papers or shout a warning, as is customary. Then there are nobody around to talk to; not even any random passerby (which I'm pretty sure you guys will ignore).

"And on a lighter note, other than 'looting' this area without any viable containers to hold said loot, why don't we explore farther into town. I see, ah, a nice...booze trail. Going that way. I think it's tainted with..blood from...too much consumption of liquor.

"Don't you agree, Joe?"

Will that light orb first towards where my allies are in that warehouse, then will it towards that 'bloodstained path' towards the inner reaches of the town and follow along. Try to inspect via sight any windows or higher levels of ground than ours.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 02, 2013, 06:12:16 pm »

"Truly, things look rather grim here. shall I play a tune to lighten the mood?"

If no objections from team, play a tune on my guitar. a nice waltz, perhaps?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:26:41 pm by Pancaek »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »

"Don't you agree, Joe?"

Hearing his name spoken by the demon-fox, Joe forgoes safety and jumps through the warehouse window into the welcoming grasp of alcohol!

((I'm REALLY gonna play this up :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2013, 09:59:22 pm »

((D'aww, really playing the Kitsune theme along. Akari is along the Celestial Kitsune theme but..ehh, misinterpretation ahoy! x3
...But your actions just dictates you either flop out on the ground in the street or..you aren't following anything? :O))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 02, 2013, 10:20:11 pm »

((Sorry for absence. Dead week and Taco smuggling.))

Merik took in the scenery and growled. The party of adventurers he'd signed on with apparently consisted a robot who didn't know where to put his feet, a foxy healer with a talent for making no sense, a hobo with a heavy weapon, a war-priest who couldn't fight, a fat man with a cane, and, of course, himself.
   This was not going to be the best expedition.

"Frozen hells," Merik muttered, knocking an arrow to his bow but waiting to draw. "I'm going to scout ahead. If I find any trouble I'm going to use the rest of you as bait."

Scout forward, stealthy, but quick. Stay close to buildings, but never get in a position where I can get ambushed in melee. Avoid windows.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33