Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58260 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 11) Time to murder a wall
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2013, 05:02:52 pm »

[Argh flavor redirection]

Wakey wake up~

You hear Akari faintly groaning. Whether by pain or not, is pretty hard to tell.
Akari tou: 1-2+3
Nope, ok, saving time, and making this turn take doubly-long makes sense anyway
Akari tou: 6-2+4
Ok, you're finally awake.
Take the hinges off the gate.

Finish getting my foot out of the wall. THEN contemplate the possibility of removing the hinges from the gate.

Raynen eh: 2-2+1
Not going any faster...
Raynen I dunno: 2-2+1
Ok, you're finally free, but it took all double-turn.
"The gate is ours, as soon you get your foot out of the damn thing, anyway," Merik said, taking a careful step back from the robot. It wasn't anywhere near close to the time when he'd shift, but, being a magical creature, proximity to the mechanical man made his skin itch. "Where the hell are the others?"

Loot: Get one dagger, enough arrows to completely fill my quiver, and one spare bowstring.
One dagger, 20 arrows, no problem. you're keeping the bow I assume? as for the spare bowstring, you take the bowstring off the second gate-archer's bow before handing it to Raynen, who is still stuck in the wall.
Run over to the darkened shapes. Take my minigun. Avoid Akari like The Plague if the Plague also included bloating up into a Hobo Balloon.
Also grab all the guard uniforms and put on all three. LAYERS MAN, LAYERS.
Contemplate possibility of layering bones with uniforms into a makeshift armor suit.

3 ripped up guard uniforms and your minigun, got it, no problm.
Joe luk: ??
You think that bones are very boney, and upon seeing Pantagruel collecting them start making jokes about boners.
"I'm feeling rather decent right about now. How very wonderful."

Steal a bunch of assorted bones. Never know when you need a bone.
You stuff some random vertebrae in your pockets, and collect a handful of bones in your non-cane-holding hand, to the mockery of Joe.
((I guess I'll plead guilty on that count. Though to be honest, I essentially built Raynen as a glass cannon. He has the same amount of stat points as an all-5's character, he just sacrificed a lot in strength/toughness for extreme speed/agility.

Though now I'm curious, if I were to hand off my laser to someone else with better luck, could they actually kill skeletons with it?))

"Well, I don't think anyone's dead just yet. But you're right, this doesn't bode particularly well. What worries me more is that half my equipment seems to be useless against these undead. Which reminds me, is there another one of those bows nearby?"

Looting: Take a bow/quiver full of arrows from one of the fallen skeletons. Leave the sword behind if I can't really carry it.
You would have been able to collect those, if you weren't stuck in the wall. still, you can hang on to the quiver and 14 arrows in it, and Merik hands you a bow, though it seems to be lacking a bowstring...
Still on the ground, Renard shouts out

"Hey, guys, are there any bows left? Also, could someone help me wake our medic up, I'm needing a second opinion on this hole in my chest here"

Don't get up yet, but try to get a feel for how my wounds are. Recieve bow and arrows if possible.

((I'd just get up, but I'm scared that with the amount of detail Lenglon is putting in these wounds that I'll just fuck myself up somehow.))
You feel like you got shot in the lung less than five minutes ago. Meaning that life is pain and coughing up blood. however, your wiggling around didn't feel like it made things any worse, breathing is easier though still very painful, and the coughing is becoming far less frequent.

Merik, after taking a several arrows from the quivver and putting it in his own, hands you the bow with a broken string and a quivver of 6 arrows.

I just realized I failed to describe what Merik could see from the walltop. the wall itself is basically a line of logs piled on top of each other and embedded in the dirt. It is showing signs of weathering and wear. the "walltop" is just a wood platform partway up the backside of the wall, extending along its length into the mist with crude ladders going up about twenty feet from the gate on either side, no other ladders were visible from his positions. on the other side of the walltop Merik could see a large open area, mostly tightly packed dirt, some grass, a few bits of random debris, rocks, waste, and suchlike, and at the edge of what he could see through the fog there were the silhouettes of one-story buildings. the road leading inside is cobbled from where the gate is inwards.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 12) Looting
« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2013, 11:21:39 am »

Place handful of bones down my pants - can't be caught holding those when dealing with the dangers of the day!

After that, seek out the other guy. The angry one. The one I left when I came over here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2013, 10:53:45 am »

[Eep! Sorry D: Still thinking the flavor up..]

Examine self for wounds and any sort of damage to clothing/belongings.

"Anyone alive?!"

Look for my group.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2013, 11:25:44 am »

"I'm alive, but I don't think I'm going anywhere soon. On the plus side, I've got this nifty new kind of bow. It seems like this new generation of arrow flinging devices has two half strings, instead of one full one. I don't, quite, see how it's supposed to work though."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2013, 01:15:41 pm »

"Well, nothing left to do but move forwards, I suppose. Once the others get here, anyway."

Wait for the rest of the group to catch up, then proceed.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2013, 01:47:22 pm »

Rejoin the group.
Stay as far away from the fox-thing as possible.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2013, 01:55:48 pm »

"I'm alive, but I don't think I'm going anywhere soon. On the plus side, I've got this nifty new kind of bow. It seems like this new generation of arrow flinging devices has two half strings, instead of one full one. I don't, quite, see how it's supposed to work though."

"It doesn't," Merik growled before leaving the injured man. Considering the track record of the rest of the part, Merik thought he was probably better off scouting. Away from the party of barely conscious wound magnets.

Slide back over the wall, quietly, head over the other side of the gate, and open it so the rest of the party can get through. Keep eyes open.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2013, 02:28:37 pm »

"It doesn't,"

"I see, how...nice. Thanks for the info, grumpy."

Try and stand up, slowly and carefully. If I can stand up without feeling like I'll keel over dead, Carefully make my way to the rest of the party

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2013, 07:11:51 pm »

"It doesn't,"

"He has a point," Akari said, looking at the bow. "The string is snapped in twain, though we'd need something flexible and sturdy enough to hold the tension of a bow that size to make it work, I see the only use for it now is as a walking stick (which I don't advise) or firewood (which I really don't advise)."

"Anyone know where we are? Last I remember, there was a fog in between us and the city-...this is the fog, isn't it? Where did those people come from?"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2013, 12:34:43 am »

"It doesn't,"

"He has a point," Akari said, looking at the bow. "The string is snapped in twain, though we'd need something flexible and sturdy enough to hold the tension of a bow that size to make it work, I see the only use for it now is as a walking stick (which I don't advise) or firewood (which I really don't advise)."

"Anyone know where we are? Last I remember, there was a fog in between us and the city-...this is the fog, isn't it? Where did those people come from?"

At the sound of Akari's voice, Joe flees and hides behind the big guy.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2013, 01:02:04 am »

((The reason for no update - all your actions are auto-successes, yes, opening the gate is that easy, it's just a wooden beam that rests on a set of upwards-pointed hooks. lift and shove to one side - done. if you were in combat things would be different.. but you aren't. I'm just waiting for you to finish regrouping and to decide what to do next. go back? sit there and wait for a while? go into the city? try to find a different gate? what?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2013, 04:22:52 am »

((I was waiting for someone else to talk but :( ))

"-...Nobody? Well, I'm going ahead anyway. Still wondering why a few emaciated..soldiers would attack us. Did anyone bring their papers and credentials along with? I know I did."

...If I still have a full-action needed: Produce Credentials!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2013, 02:48:29 pm »

((Why don't we just assume everyone groups up and proceeds through the gates? There's really nothing else to do here.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2013, 04:44:50 am »

((Why don't we just assume everyone groups up and proceeds through the gates? There's really nothing else to do here.))
Fair enough, also, I'm going to hide all ?? : ?? rolls from here on, as well as any others that I feel like hiding, mostly luk and per rolls.

Merik clambers back over the wall again and opens the gate, for the group, and together they move into the city, leaving the gate open behind them. Renard, though feeling pretty horrible, isn't suffering any major problems from the open but mostly cauterized hole in his chest right now, though if he performs any particularly vigorous activity he'll be risking opening it up again. Akari has a really nasty headache. Pantagruel has some uncomfortable pants. everyone else is in good shape.

moving on the cobbled stones, the group gets a better view of the first couple buildings, though the fog is still incredibly thick. they appear to be warehouses, intended to store goods that had just arrived in the city or were going to be shipped out by various buisnesses. they're currently all boarded up rather hurredly, you could probably break into them if you want to without too much trouble, though it would make a lot of noise.

Akari feels vaguely spooked out for some reason. there's no signs of motion or human presence anywhere, it's eerily quiet. nobody has heard a sound other than themselves and each other. nothing has moved at all. there is only the faintest of breezes, and you can't even smell the sea.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 13) Into the City
« Reply #239 on: December 01, 2013, 02:54:31 am »

"Erm... let us move on! Yes! This instant!"

Look for signs of friendly undead!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33