Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58284 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 9) Naptime!
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2013, 01:26:46 pm »

((It will grant you a bonus as long as the archer doesn't hit you. if it hits you then you'll take a penalty. are you ok with that?))

((I'm guessing I can't dodge while I'm aiming a bow...

Ah well, time to roll the dice. That's fine.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2013, 01:39:52 pm »

"Oh dear. It looks like my more biological companions have completely passed out. This will not do."

Drag all the unconscious people out of the fog if possible, hopefully to someplace safe.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2013, 03:21:54 pm »

((Well, my rolls in this thread have been 2225132143232, without modifiers aplied. With modifiers, they're even worse. I must have angered the random number god somehow. What is the correct offering to the RNG again?))

attempt to regain consciousness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2013, 04:01:48 pm »

[<3 Lenglon
...Dear goodness people. THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD WEAR ARMOR. Even padded clothing. You're giving Akari a bad time  :-\]

(flavor later)

WAKE UP!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2013, 04:05:58 pm »

((Well, my rolls in this thread have been 2225132143232, without modifiers aplied. With modifiers, they're even worse. I must have angered the random number god somehow. What is the correct offering to the RNG again?))
((Want to know what's even more unfair? look up Akari's rolls.))
Drag all the unconscious people...
((Are you sure you want to do that?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2013, 04:36:37 pm »

...Dear goodness people. THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD WEAR ARMOR. Even padded clothing. You're giving Akari a bad time  :-\]
((honestly, I thought the whole 'undead in the city' thing was just going to be some overblown rumour and we wouldn't be getting into combat quite this fast. But this isn't so bad, I'm sure things will start going better any moment now. I mean, really, how could it possibly get worse? :D))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »

((Are you sure you want to do that?))

((One by one, obviously. And carefully, definitely. Just have to take them out of the fog and all.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2013, 04:59:53 pm »

With the skeleton crew down, Raynen chuckled softly, mentioning,

"Well, not exactly how I imagined this playing out, but that wasn't so bad, right guys?"

Dead silence.

"Uh..."

Looking around, the robot belatedly realized that half the party had already been incapacitated.

"Well… blast it. Three unconscious people, we can't really just leave them here, and we don't have any real way to move them save dragging them.

Not to mention that that's probably a bad idea to do to injured people, and on top of that, there's not really anywhere safe to drag them to… Hm.

Pantagruel, could you keep an eye on these three? I should probably check on our acquaintance by the gates."

Head back to the gates, weapons at the ready.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:07:34 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2013, 05:41:06 pm »

check on our were-whatever acquaintance by the gates."

((How do you know I'm a were-thing? COMMIE SPY!))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2013, 10:20:32 pm »

((My bad, fixed.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 10) where enemies roll nothing but ones
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2013, 12:14:44 am »

[<3 Lenglon

(flavor later)

WAKE UP!

Akari tou: 3-2
Nope.
Quote from: BFEL
I'm not bothering to wait for you because there really is only one thing you can try to do anyway, and that's to wake up.
Joe tou: 4-2
Not happening.

attempt to regain consciousness.
Renard tou: 5-1+1
annnnd you're awake and coughing up blood. breathing hurts like hell, and you feel nauseous. looking down, you appear to still have a bloody mess on your chest but the hole where the arrow used to be is mysteriously vacent. you can't look down the hole itself because you don't have a mirror and your neck isn't several feet long, but you still do not feel good. still, you're awake and alive, so that's a plus. Still not sure if you should stand up though.
"Oh dear. It looks like my more biological companions have completely passed out. This will not do."

Drag all the unconscious people out of the fog if possible, hopefully to someplace safe.
Random unconsious target: Joe
Joe luk: ??
?? : ??
?? : ??
Pantagruel per: ??
Pantagruel begins dragging Joe, who looks to be fully healed, the only way you can even tell that he was hurt is from the damage to his clothes, off back down the road the way you came. he watches the figures behind him slowly fade into the mist as he backs away, but the mist ahead of him doesn't get any thinner. after the figures behind him have completely faded for several moments, he notices a pair of largish dark lumps in the road ahead, and several odd disturbances in the grass near them. one of the larger dark lumps is moving slightly. he can't see through the mist ahead well enough to tell exactly what he's looking at though.

Merik brought the bow up and carefully sighted in on the active skeleton archer, taking his time with the shot. He only had one arrow, missing would be... unfortunate. He could afford to take his time, it wasn't very likely these arrows were tipped with silver.

Put an arrow through the other archer's skull, sacrifice my initiative if it would grant me a bonus

Skel 1 (ground) spd: autowin
Skel 2 (other wall) spd: autowin
Merik spd: autolose
Skel 1 agi: 1-1
Skel 2 agi: 1-1
Skel 2 luk: ??
Merik agi: 5+2+2
Skel 2 tou: 1-1
Ignoring the arrow that doesn't go anywhere near him, and the sound of the other skeleton flailing about on the ground below him, Merik slowly takes his time and lines up his shot, breathes in... and out... and smoothly releases the arrow, in absolutely perfect form. the bodkin arrow flies perfectly through the skull of the skeleton before him, leaving a neat hole with cracks spreading in all directions out the top of the forehead and out the back. the skeleton falls apart before his eyes, a textbook-perfect kill.
With the skeleton crew down, Raynen chuckled softly, mentioning,

"Well, not exactly how I imagined this playing out, but that wasn't so bad, right guys?"

Dead silence.

"Uh..."

Looking around, the robot belatedly realized that half the party had already been incapacitated.

"Well… blast it. Three unconscious people, we can't really just leave them here, and we don't have any real way to move them save dragging them.

Not to mention that that's probably a bad idea to do to injured people, and on top of that, there's not really anywhere safe to drag them to… Hm.

Pantagruel, could you keep an eye on these three? I should probably check on our acquaintance by the gates."

Head back to the gates, weapons at the ready.
Raynen per: ??
returning to the gates, you don't see your companion, but you do see a skeleton flailing about randomly with a dagger next to the right-side torch sconce. this doesn't appear to be accomplishing much, unless you're missing something important here.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:17:48 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 10) where enemies roll nothing but ones
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2013, 12:29:26 am »

((There's no kill like overkill.

What's the area over the gate like? You said the wall doesn't come up over it, can I still run along the top of the gate, or is it pointy on top?))

((I want the arrows the other skeleton had))
---

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2013, 12:31:08 am »

((it's flat on top and you can run across it with an agi check. the wall as a whole is not that impressive. it's basically just a line of wood logs intended more to slow people down than to stop them.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2013, 12:44:15 am »

Merik smiled, twisting his scars hideously. It had been a long time since he'd used a bow, it wasn't the weapon of a duelist, but he was warming to it once again. He had fond memories of bows in his distant youth. Still, he'd need more arrows for it to be any use at all.

Run across the top of the gate, quiet but fast. Stay low, stay silent, and grab the felled skeleton's arrows.
---

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2013, 01:11:29 am »

"So help me, if I find out that whats-his-name has also been knocked unconscious by skeletons, I might just leave the whole group behind and try to complete this mission by myself…", Raynen grumbled, wielding the sword he'd scavenged.

Well, while I'm being fancy anyway…

Rocket kick into the skeleton, decapitate it and rebound off of the corpse in one smooth motion.

((Yes, it's overkill. Considering how nice my rolls have been lately, I feel like trying it regardless. Now watch me crash into the wall or something.))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33