Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58173 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 20) Wherein things get from bad to worse
« Reply #345 on: December 30, 2013, 01:46:51 am »

Addendum: Is it possible to get that sword and run away?
((um, I suppose you could have picked it up before freeing your leg, since it dropped it and all, but you'll have even less of a lead on your pursuers than you currently do - they'd be pretty much breathing down your neck, and them getting any advantage on you in speed whatsoever will result in them getting attacks at you. do you want that?))
((Let's do it x3
Actually, do I know if I'm spry enough to at least jump and climb onto higher places? :3))
((Your leg has been mauled, your base agi stat is below-average, and by "higher places" do you mean rooftops? You're free to try if you have something in mind, but the odds aren't in your favor.))
((If height of skeleton is 6 feet, then I'd rather an elevated area above them. :P I mean, Akari thinks this place isn't FULLY flat-urban. xD))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 30, 2013, 05:38:55 pm »

"Quite the tale, good sir! It doesn't entirely explain why you're wrapped up like that, though. Seems quite impractical to me."

Point out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 30, 2013, 06:29:56 pm »

"Quite the tale, good sir! It doesn't entirely explain why you're wrapped up like that, though. Seems quite impractical to me."

Point out.
It makes it easier to hide, and in case you didn't notice, it's really cold down here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 30, 2013, 06:54:36 pm »

"You actually seem highly conspicuous this way. Not really a good way to blend in with the background, all those dark tones. In any case, we're all here with similar purposes. So why don't we all show our faces to one another as a sign of mutual respect, yes?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 30, 2013, 08:53:39 pm »

That's fine I suppose.
The man unwraps his face, he appears to be middle-aged, and has a dark complexion. he looks mildly irritated.
Here, it's my face. It's all face-like. Yay, face. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to re-wrap this thing before the rest of it comes undone.
annnnnd his face is gone again.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 30, 2013, 09:30:09 pm »

That's fine I suppose.
The man unwraps his face, he appears to be middle-aged, and has a dark complexion. he looks mildly irritated.
Here, it's my face. It's all face-like. Yay, face. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to re-wrap this thing before the rest of it comes undone.
annnnnd his face is gone again.
Joe manages to mumble a question to the masked man about when he can go get the rest of the booze
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2013, 12:15:24 pm »

"And how about the rest of your people? You will have to forgive me, my good man, it is simply a personal phobia of mine. I don't like dealing with people who are faceless, yes?"

If they remove their masks, pay close attention to their faces. Is there anything unusual about them?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2013, 05:52:36 pm »

Merik dropped to one knee, breathing and bleeding in almost equal measure. It was done. Now came the hard part. Escaping.
   He tore open his pack, grabbing the least beautiful dress and tearing it into bandages. He wanted to get out of here before he went to work repairing himself in earnest, but he needed to patch enough of his holes that he wasn't going to lapse into eternal unconsciousness. In the fastest, most efficient way possible, Merik packed his wounds with bandages. It probably wouldn't stop the bleeding, but it might buy him enough time to find a place where he could use the bone shards to sew himself back together.
   Merik stood up all the way as soon as the bloody work was done. Then, after a quick but bitter decision, he shifted. He might dislike being Sue, but if there was anyone left in this Godforsaken city, they were more likely to help her than him.

Grab bone shards, rip apart one dress for bandages. Hastily apply bandages. Shift into Sue, and get moving. Try to head mostly back towards where I started  (NOT USING THE WAY I CAME), but don't agonize over it. Look for a place to to get out of the way, a nook where I can hide. Preferable a building that I can slip inside of.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:54:19 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 01, 2014, 01:57:29 am »

"And how about the rest of your people? You will have to forgive me, my good man, it is simply a personal phobia of mine. I don't like dealing with people who are faceless, yes?"

If they remove their masks, pay close attention to their faces. Is there anything unusual about them?
((The rest are just huddled under blankets, not wrapped up like the first guy you met.))
   Merik dropped to one knee, breathing and bleeding in almost equal measure. It was done. Now came the hard part. Escaping.
   He tore open his pack, grabbing the least beautiful dress and tearing it into bandages. He wanted to get out of here before he went to work repairing himself in earnest, but he needed to patch enough of his holes that he wasn't going to lapse into eternal unconsciousness. In the fastest, most efficient way possible, Merik packed his wounds with bandages. It probably wouldn't stop the bleeding, but it might buy him enough time to find a place where he could use the bone shards to sew himself back together.
   Merik stood up all the way as soon as the bloody work was done. Then, after a quick but bitter decision, he shifted. He might dislike being Sue, but if there was anyone left in this Godforsaken city, they were more likely to help her than him.

Grab bone shards, rip apart one dress for bandages. Hastily apply bandages. Shift into Sue, and get moving. Try to head mostly back towards where I started  (NOT USING THE WAY I CAME), but don't agonize over it. Look for a place to to get out of the way, a nook where I can hide. Preferable a building that I can slip inside of.
((You don't know what direction you came from, do you want me to assign a direction at random?))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 01, 2014, 02:33:07 am »

((Just not the direction I most immediately came from, you know, the direction with the crazy death skeletons. I'd use good judgement and stay away from open areas, but, other than that, random.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 01, 2014, 05:21:57 am »

((Ah.))

"Have you heard anything other than the lich news? Any pointers on where we could find more supplies, good hiding places, that kind of thing?"

Examine the others carefully. How do they look?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 01, 2014, 09:40:52 am »

Listen to what the man says, look around the cellar a bit

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 02, 2014, 04:40:06 am »

((I was informed that I was unclear as to who our two new characters are in the most recent turn. the young man under a blanket in the cellar who hasn't been introduced properly is Beraung's character, and the little girl in similar circumstances is GWG's. the old lady is an NPC, and doesn't seem to have noticed the party.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 02, 2014, 08:15:10 am »

((I was informed that I was unclear as to who our two new characters are in the most recent turn. the young man under a blanket in the cellar who hasn't been introduced properly is Beraung's character, and the little girl in similar circumstances is GWG's. the old lady is an NPC, and doesn't seem to have noticed the party.))

((Oh nice.
Also silly GWG, always playing little girls when he could play BEEEEG MANLY MENS!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 02, 2014, 01:28:52 pm »

"Hm. Do you have any idea if there's any friendly mages in the city who might know something about all of this? They might have some more specifics on what's going on, and what's actually capable of stopping all of this.

Anyway, one more thing, could you show me where this intersection is where they create more undead? I've got a reasonable amount of long-range firepower and a few enhancements to let me get away after using it. If the skeleton figure and the necromancers don't have some kind of magical protection against explosions, that might just solve things."

Realizing something, Raynen quickly added

"Also, directions to another hiding place would probably be good. I'm pretty sure I can outrun any skeletons trailing me, but I'd rather not risk lives in case I'm wrong."

Ask questions, contemplate effectiveness of various weaponry against skeletons.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33