Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68534 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #870 on: March 06, 2014, 08:46:18 pm »

That doesn't make it any better!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 06, 2014, 09:31:18 pm »

Look, it's pitifully easy to beat that by going Wizard 2, Psion 2 and Cerebramancer 2 by taking Practiced Spellcaster twice. In that build, you have the casting capacity of two people, without worrying about MAD.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 06, 2014, 09:32:26 pm »

Look, it's pitifully easy to beat that by going Wizard 2, Psion 2 and Cerebramancer 2 by taking Practiced Spellcaster twice. In that build, you have the casting capacity of two people, without worrying about MAD.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 06, 2014, 09:44:02 pm »

All I'm saying is there are far better ways to powergame then follow what the game tells you to do.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 06, 2014, 09:45:12 pm »

I know that, but I am not an experienced powergamer. I'm still figuring this stuff out. (As is evidenced by the fact that I was the first death that wasn't due to GM wrath)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 06, 2014, 09:50:28 pm »

I know that, but I am not an experienced powergamer. I'm still figuring this stuff out. (As is evidenced by the fact that I was the first death that wasn't due to GM wrath)
That's because monsters aren't stupid and know very well to always attack the wizard first.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 06, 2014, 10:23:22 pm »

That's because monsters aren't stupid and know very well to always attack the wizard first.
Ghost Psion is not wizard, and is ghost.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 06, 2014, 10:25:06 pm »

Ghost Psion forgot to cast Protection from Falling Rocks.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 06, 2014, 10:27:05 pm »

Ghost Psion has 50% miss chance instead of AC.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 07, 2014, 06:11:01 am »

They were Spectral Rocks.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 07, 2014, 01:04:02 pm »

They were Spectral Rocks.
What are rocks doing in the Ethereal Plane? Are they ghost rocks?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 07, 2014, 01:43:50 pm »

Rem, on a scale of 'non-intelligent creatures mysteriously target me first' to 'arcanomagnetic rocks fall, caster dies', how munchkiny is my build?
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 07, 2014, 02:44:57 pm »

Rem, on a scale of 'non-intelligent creatures mysteriously target me first' to 'arcanomagnetic rocks fall, caster dies', how munchkiny is my build?
Depends on your race and how you use it. Casters are already targeted first by monsters, though, as long as they can tell who the wizard is.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 07, 2014, 05:50:03 pm »

Depends on your race and how you use it. Casters are already targeted first by monsters, though, as long as they can tell who the wizard is.
Hence 'non-intelligent'. Anyways, my race would probably be human. I was going to use is as just a caster-of-all-trades build.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 07, 2014, 08:42:01 pm »

Hence 'non-intelligent'. Anyways, my race would probably be human. I was going to use is as just a caster-of-all-trades build.

>Decides to be human AGAIN after the whole crew (Of monstrous creatures) makes it very clear that ninety percent of them hate humans with a deep, fiery passion.
>Too dumb to live.jpeg
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 68