Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68659 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #495 on: November 21, 2013, 01:35:46 pm »

Since when would we care about going that deep?

Besides, all the treasure and fighting is above water level, no need to waste money on something extravagant (And how would we even move it around anyway as well.)
Never assume things like that :P.

Well, if there IS treasure below water, I think Seldain could just pass his Necklace of Adaptation around to a couple other people, so we'd all be holding our breathe most of the time, but still able to get fresh air every so often. As for the fighting, he would hog it to himself because screw you guys, sharks are fucking scary.
Actually, it's pretty funny to watch them eat each other. And then even funnier when they try to swim backwards.

Mind control is Better than Best Magic.

Fakedit: So, how much RPXP do we get from this thread, Remuthra?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 21, 2013, 03:38:49 pm »

Well, we get anything that does shock damage, and it's an instant deep-frier for anything in the water :P
That's...electrivity doesn't work that way.
Well, in DnD it does. I think. Maybe. I will research this.

Also, I have been investing primarily in lightning spells. I may have to rethink this.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 21, 2013, 03:39:43 pm »

Nono, if you've been investing primarily in lightning spells, it means we get instant fish and chips anywhere. If we had the potatoes for the chips :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 21, 2013, 03:40:08 pm »

Electricity spells are aquagnostic. Or maybe the water's surface blocks line of effect, I don't remember.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 21, 2013, 04:00:33 pm »

Well, we get anything that does shock damage, and it's an instant deep-frier for anything in the water :P
That's...electrivity doesn't work that way.
Well, in DnD it does. I think. Maybe. I will research this.

Also, I have been investing primarily in lightning spells. I may have to rethink this.
Fire-subtype spells do.  Electricity-subtype spells, as far as I've been able to tell, have no similar explicit statement, and thus, in all likelihood, whatever magic keeps the spell from shorting out anywhere else above the water also keeps it on-track underwater as well. 

At least, I hope so, because I do not want to zap myself every time I cast a spell. ^_^

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 21, 2013, 04:05:59 pm »

I'd rather see that you did Culise, only for the sheer hilarity of it XD

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 21, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »

After doing some more reading, tahujdt, if you wanted a parrot familiar, it has the exact same stats as a raven. But it's a parrot instead.

Also, from the DM's Guide:
Nonmagical fire (including alchemist’s fire) does not burn underwater. Spells or spell-like effects with the fire descriptor are ineffective underwater unless the caster makes a Spellcraft check (DC 20 + spell level). If the check succeeds, the spell creates a bubble of steam instead of its usual fiery effect, but otherwise the spell works as described. A supernatural fire effect is ineffective underwater unless its description states otherwise. The surface of a body of water blocks line of effect for any fire spell. If the caster has made a Spellcraft check to make the fire spell usable underwater, the surface still blocks the spell’s line of effect.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 21, 2013, 06:17:24 pm »

After doing some more reading, tahujdt, if you wanted a parrot familiar, it has the exact same stats as a raven. But it's a parrot instead.

Also, from the DM's Guide:
Nonmagical fire (including alchemist’s fire) does not burn underwater. Spells or spell-like effects with the fire descriptor are ineffective underwater unless the caster makes a Spellcraft check (DC 20 + spell level). If the check succeeds, the spell creates a bubble of steam instead of its usual fiery effect, but otherwise the spell works as described. A supernatural fire effect is ineffective underwater unless its description states otherwise. The surface of a body of water blocks line of effect for any fire spell. If the caster has made a Spellcraft check to make the fire spell usable underwater, the surface still blocks the spell’s line of effect.
A parrot actually makes more sense for a familiar that can speak languages.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 21, 2013, 07:24:27 pm »

Nah, ravens (or was it crows) are well known to learn words as well.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 21, 2013, 08:03:32 pm »

Both ravens and crows are wickedly intelligent.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 21, 2013, 08:12:33 pm »

Both ravens and crows are wickedly intelligent.
Crows in Japan use stoplights to crack nuts.

They wait until the light turns red, then put the nut in front of the tires of a car. Light turns green, car goes, nut gets crushed, crow get food.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 21, 2013, 08:22:54 pm »

Either way, can we get a post in the IC thread already Remuthra?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 21, 2013, 08:29:06 pm »

Ravens. Crows don't even have MM stats or a PHB familiar option. (I think they show up in the DMG, though.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 22, 2013, 12:41:51 am »

I hope no one minds, but I ever so slightly redistributed my stat block. Specifically, I moved two of my points-bought from Wisdom to Charisma, and added the one point we get from level four in to Charisma as well, since I had previously neglected to use that attribute point. All this really contributes to is that my Will save is one point lower, my DC on my Detect thoughts is now 13 instead of twelve, and I have one more point in a few skills, or one less in some others.

Revised sheet:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=706652
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 22, 2013, 09:23:25 am »

Oh! The stat point at level four! I just realised I had forgotten to assign it!
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68