Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68684 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 13, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »

"... Dissension amongst the crew so soon..."
"Sadly, the captain did not have their loyalty, yet. I can only hope that the captain is lenient on them, but I would not be surprised if they are persecuted to the full extent of the code."
With a sad chuckle, he finishes: "You might be able to apply to a higher position soon."

((Taricus, do we have ranged weapons? If so, do we have a personal mooring at Rickshaw? That might come in handy. The only other thing I can think of is magical sails.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2013, 08:33:02 pm »

((No equipment no, but the NPC crew itself is not finalised. Once that is, I can distribute it as needed.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2013, 08:36:43 pm »

((What about cannons and the like?))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2013, 08:38:08 pm »

...Please just check the relevant text file under the OP before asking questions about stuff like that :I

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2013, 08:44:01 pm »

Oops. I was being lazy. So, magic sails or some cash towards a base.

Remuthra, could we purchase a small island from one of the empires? And by small, I mean more than a rock.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2013, 08:46:26 pm »

I don't think we have the money for that. Same with the sails. The sails cost around 40k for a set of them.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2013, 08:54:16 pm »

Remuthra, could we purchase a small island from one of the empires? And by small, I mean more than a rock.
Seven islands. Maybe once you have a few trillion gold, you could go see either the Empress or the Sultan, but these things are rather not-for-sale.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2013, 08:55:16 pm »

So, in other words, five-finger discount.  Or maybe a 40-cannon discount, but even that might be a trifle light for lifting an island from an entire Empire. 

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2013, 08:57:14 pm »

I think there needs to be more islands really :P

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2013, 08:57:44 pm »

So, in other words, five-finger discount.  Or maybe a 40-cannon discount, but even that might be a trifle light for lifting an island from an entire Empire.
400-cannon discount might do it.  Just need about 2000 people to man and maintain the cannons.  And 1000 people to feed those 2000 people.  And 1500 people to guard those 3000 people.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2013, 09:01:22 pm »

I don't think we'd ever get NEAR enough money to do that.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2013, 09:01:56 pm »

@Remuthra:
Really, only seven? There aren't any small ones with about 1000 to 5000 square feet of space, that are no more than a sea dashed spit of rock? Because I would expect those to be rather cheap.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 13, 2013, 09:04:10 pm »

@Remuthra:
Really, only seven? There aren't any small ones with about 1000 to 5000 square feet of space, that are no more than a sea dashed spit of rock? Because I would expect those to be rather cheap.
Tis the main facet of the setting. Seven islands in the whole ocean, and that's it, unless you have some way to create your own (Or happen to discover one).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 13, 2013, 09:04:55 pm »

The Extra 12k we have left after everyone's contributions to the ship?

Note, this doesn't count Tahu's amount, since he's yet to finish his sheet.
((Hm.))

Seven islands. Maybe once you have a few trillion gold, you could go see either the Empress or the Sultan, but these things are rather not-for-sale.
There are seriously no little islands? No atolls? BS.

400-cannon discount might do it.  Just need about 2000 people to man and maintain the cannons.
And 1000 people to feed those 2000 people.  And 1500 people to guard those 3000 people.
750 people to feed those guards. And 375 people to guard those farmers. And 188 people to feed them. And 94 people to guard them. And 49 people to feed them. And 25 people to guard them. And 12 people to feed them. And 6 people to guard them. And 3 people to feed them. And one person to guard them. And one person to feed him.
750+375+188+94+49+25+12+6+3+1+1=1504 more people. So, 2000+1000+1500+~1500=6,000.

@Remuthra:
Or free.
Something like Pitcairn Island (or was it Henderson? Whichever one is made of coral and has the makatea) would be extravagent for our purposes.

@Remuthra:
Tis the main facet of the setting. Seven islands in the whole ocean, and that's it, unless you have some way to create your own (Or happen to discover one).
Business plan get!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 13, 2013, 09:06:43 pm »

How large are the islands anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 68