Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68700 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2013, 05:14:56 pm »

In Draconic, "A lizardfolk who knows more than Common is quite impressive. Which ones do you know?" Genesis uses Tounges, Psionic on himself, expending his focus so there are no signs abound.

My only question is how Remuthra let you get Doppelganger + six levels. Was thug free level advancement?

Remember the house rule on spelling and grammar errors?
No...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2013, 05:19:03 pm »

In Draconic, "A lizardfolk who knows more than Common is quite impressive. Which ones do you know?" Genesis uses Tounges, Psionic on himself, expending his focus so there are no signs abound.

My only question is how Remuthra let you get Doppelganger + six levels. Was thug free level advancement?

No...
Take 20: Knowledge (GM Rulings) check

Also, it should be noted that in this world, every time you use improper grammar a demon is summoned to the Material Plane somewhere.

Vodya smiled faintly.  "As amusing as this is, I believe that we'd best be looking into scrolls of Dismissal or the like, regardless of our respective crews' motivations."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2013, 05:19:04 pm »

No...
Every time it happens, a demon is summoned somewhere in the world. The strength is higher the more intelligent the summoner is.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2013, 05:21:16 pm »

Hans? Please spellcheck your posts.

Edit: I would actually like to contest the ruling. I was talking, and berth and birth are homophones, so I feel that the strength of the demon be reduced.

Please?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:25:18 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2013, 05:22:52 pm »

Blame GWG. He made it canon.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 13, 2013, 05:24:42 pm »

No...

Thug is a Fighter Variant, and Fighter is Tier Five. I was under the impression Tier Five classes got free LA, and Remuthra did give me the go ahead. If it becomes an issue, I can fix it, but I don't expect it to since I went with a sneaky-stabby class rather than a tank or caster class. /me shrugs.

"Common, Dwarven, Elven, Aquan, Draconic, and Undercommon. I learned most of them in my travels. I've travelled quite extensively, even under ground and in some of the shallower Mer communities."

Hans? Please spellcheck your posts.

...? The only spelling errors I have in my posts are words like "Dwarven" "Aquan" and "Undercommon". Which aren't real words. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 13, 2013, 05:27:19 pm »

Just in general. You have the highest Int of us all.

Switching to Undercommon, "Why only the shallower ones? Do not Lizardfolk breath underwater just as well as they do on land?"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:38:25 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 13, 2013, 05:32:37 pm »

Just in general. You have the highest Int of us all.

Noted. I will make sure I only mess up when it's dramatically appropriate.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 13, 2013, 05:45:13 pm »

A human with a dark bird on his shoulder saunters up to the small cluster of new and potential crew members.

Good day, sirs! I was told that I could obtain a berth aboard this... fine... ship. I am travelling extremely light, all my possessions besides about 12,000 gold coins in offshore accounts I carry with me right now. I realize that you will need a full list of cargo, but I left my home town in a state of, well, disarray, so I'll need to make up a list still. Also, I have my familiar with me. What do I have to offer? Why, the blood of the Glass Dragons of the southern deserts flows through my veins! They weren't really glass of course, just blue, but people called them that because after they fought, glass would have fused wherever they breathed, so people thought they bled glass.
*Produces quarterstaff from front pocket, strikes a hammishly dramatic pose*
So, when can I start?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 13, 2013, 06:08:35 pm »

In Draconic, "The Glass Dragons, you say? From which do you claim lineage?"

I'm going to tag this and all following posts that I write on an cellphone keyboard. So be lenient, I'll be around with an actual keyboard to fix it later.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 13, 2013, 06:09:40 pm »

Wait for the game to actually start before doing that though Remuthra :P

"Please, ignore the quartermaster, he's not the most mentally stable at the best of times." Raiss announced, glaring daggers at the psion as she walked upon the deck towards the lizardman to greet the supposed newcomer.

"At any rate, you look like you can handle yourself, and you seem more than qualified for an officer position. Most of those languages you've mention I can already speak, with the exception of the dwarven dialect." she says, before going up to the human and running him through with her outlandishly large sword.

((AKA play a non-human you git :P ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 13, 2013, 06:14:10 pm »

Edit:
Quote from: From The Realm of Fog Discipline, on the duties of the Master at Arms
She is required to compliment the Bosun often.
GWG?
What?

Yees. Irregardless, it ain't not our problem, aren't it?

In Draconic, "A lizardfolk who knows more than Common is quite impressive."
((...Draconic is the language of reptilian humanoids. A lizardfolk who knew Common would be the surprising thing.))

*Produces quarterstaff from front pocket, strikes a hammishly dramatic pose*
So, when can I start?
"When you explain where you obtained those Pockets of Holding. The only manner in which one can perform such a feat as you have is an organization of thieves, focusing in raiding the lairs of dragons. I do not want to face draconic wrath."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 13, 2013, 06:19:49 pm »

"Kre!aqil! Raiss almost killed someone! Would you mind patching him up?" Turning to Raiss, "I am the insane one? You just ran a man through!"

Written on a cellphone.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2013, 06:20:30 pm »

Wait for the game to actually start before doing that though Remuthra :P

"Please, ignore the quartermaster, he's not the most mentally stable at the best of times." Raiss announced, glaring daggers at the psion as she walked upon the deck towards the lizardman to greet the supposed newcomer.

"At any rate, you look like you can handle yourself, and you seem more than qualified for an officer position. Most of those languages you've mention I can already speak, with the exception of the dwarven dialect." she says, before going up to the human and running him through with her outlandishly large sword.

((AKA play a non-human you git :P ))

What officer positions are there?

He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 13, 2013, 06:21:33 pm »

"If it wasn't me, it would've been the captain killing him. Atleast this way is quicker for the bastard."

((Not sure, I'll check.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68