Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68570 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2013, 11:31:09 pm »

1. It's only once per minute, and it becomes 150 feet. Which is a bonus of +48. For a total bonus of +65. Average roll of 10 means he can jump about 19 feet. With a reach of 20 feet, that's 40 feet. Yeah no, he's not reaching the flying people with bows.
2. Since they are all level 5+, their gear is all magical. Or mostly magical. And pretty good magic, too. He's not immune to precision damage. He's not immune to dumping buckets of acid on him repeatedly. And there are an awful lot of them. He's not, I was surprised to learn, immune to critical hits. And like I said. There are a lot of them. Relatively.
3. Raptorans can take basically everything important with them. They aren't stupid. They aren't going to go down and try to fight hand-to-hand with a fucking Tarrasque, much less one that seems hell-bent on slaughtering all of them. Kids can glide even if they can't fly, and the stronger Raptorans can help hem get up there/Fly spells.
4. Notice I've been saying 5+, not 5. And yes, a whopping whole party of four high-level adventurers have trouble with the Tarrasque. These guys would too. He's the Tarrasque. That's the point. But he would not be able to slaughter all of them; he cannot fly. Even casting Fly on him(OH GODS WHY) would not work (which is a great blessing to all civilization).

5. So, this is all a moot point. He didn't attack her village. There's no point in arguing more.

6. Multiple simultaneous devastating Gusts of Wind. It's magic now; no longer violating laws of physics. Or just dump dirt on him until he gets buried, whilst he's suffocated. Or send someone(s) in who can hold their breath, once the Tarrasque finally fails his Con check and suffocates. Have them shovel dirt into his throat/lungs. Problem solved.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2013, 12:28:08 am »

15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2013, 01:05:49 am »

1. Alright, great. He just has to wait until they are exhausted people with bows. Which, since they are flying, will be much, much faster than a walking human would tire...and since they're firing bows or whatever constantly (or until they run out of arrows), faster still.
2. Unless those magic weapons have at least a +6 enhancement bonus, they're dealing 15 points less damage per shot. And while critical hits and buckets of acid damage him, they will be healed next round because regeneration 40. Plus, both of those are ammunition-sensitive.
3. That makes it less a "village" and more a "nomadic tribe". How can you have a village without any tools, buildings, or whatnot?
4. Not what I first read. Besides, even level 5 characters should be freaking rare. and Fly actually would work, because unlike every civilized race I can think of, the tarrasque does not need to stop for exhaustion, sleep, etc.
5. But it's a fun argument!
6. Gust of Wind makes a gust around 50 mph. This is a Severe wind. Even if you somehow managed to cheese your way up to hurricane-force winds, the tarrasque would be unaffected. As for dirt, not only do you not have the ability to carry a few hills' worth of dirt, the tarrasque is smart enough to avoid being buried and can dig his way out of loose dirt...especially since many depictions have him slumbering underground, in rock.
7. I can't believe I didn't seize on this before. The raptoran non-village might be able to hold out for a while, but eventually they would run out of arrows, buckets of acid, and dirt; eventually they would tire, thirst, hunger. And then they are doomed, because they can't sleep on the wing, they can't bring water up, and frankly when you're going to die of exhaustion or tarrasque within a day who has the time to die of hunger.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2013, 01:10:06 am »

What did I say about you two arguing? >:C
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2013, 02:08:57 am »

I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2013, 03:56:21 am »

Eh, either way, I got my own backstory up. Feel free to peruse and tear it apart :)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2013, 06:09:59 am »

You could also be attacked by something like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's like a tarrasque, only it's a demon and can fly.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:48:25 pm by Remuthra »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2013, 10:45:53 am »

There must be a story behind "Slick", and Genesis intends to find out.

Bad DM. No summoning world-ending monsters till we're level 20ish.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2013, 11:28:06 am »

There must be a story behind "Slick", and Genesis intends to find out.

Bad DM. No summoning world-ending monsters till we're level 20ish.
Someone needs to sig this.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2013, 12:06:56 pm »

I'm almost done with my character sheet, I'm just down to deciding whether I should go in for Elemental Companion or not. If I don't, I'd probably choose a shark as a companion. Which one is the better choice?
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2013, 12:11:30 pm »

I dropped a language slot on Aquan. Which makes my vote for Elemental.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2013, 12:14:37 pm »

So, just in case you missed it before: is there any particular Rogue-ish skill anyone think the party needs? I have some skill points over, I'd take it if it fits the character.

Also, Weirdsound, about the introductions in the OP. Surrah is not a kind of make-up :P
Love, scriver~

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2013, 12:16:36 pm »

I dropped a language slot on Aquan. Which makes my vote for Elemental.
I get Aquan for free as an aquatic race, so I guess that heavily weighs it towards Elemental.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2013, 12:48:10 pm »

So, just in case you missed it before: is there any particular Rogue-ish skill anyone think the party needs? I have some skill points over, I'd take it if it fits the character.

Also, Weirdsound, about the introductions in the OP. Surrah is not a kind of make-up :P

Fixed. And some points in Knowledge Local would be nice. I'm not sure if anybody else has any there. Also you might want a few in swimming for your own sake.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2013, 12:55:30 pm »

Is swim skill unnecessary in a race with a natural swim speed?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 68