Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68561 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2013, 09:08:17 pm »

Ooh, roleplaying XP?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2013, 09:10:00 pm »

Ooh, roleplaying XP?
Yep, I believe I clarified that I will be awarding roleplaying XP this campaign. It's really the height of roleplay encouragement devices available.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2013, 09:11:02 pm »

Lets not do anything rash guys. Be nice :)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2013, 09:18:15 pm »

Fair enough then. Ill see what I can do to get us a sixth player for the team. (Tahu isn't in until he has a sheet, and I'd much prefer that RPgeek stay on the other team for their benefit.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2013, 09:43:55 pm »

If you want my completely unsolicited advice on writing a backstory: A perfectly acceptable backstory is built with three parts: a beginning, who the character used to be, a SUPERDRAMATICTRAUMATIC event, what put them on their path to now, and why they're here now, doing this. You'll notice that in both Wierdsound's backstory and my backstory.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2013, 10:13:54 pm »

My backstory follows something like that.

It makes sense for the race combination though. >.> Not just 'oh village died to army sadface'. Come back after hitting level 5 to be in Raptoran village, it's long since destroyed by evil dragon(what else has the power to destroy a community made purely of lvl 5+ people?), she cry/prays, Bahamut says 'coolstorybro' and then dragonborn.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2013, 10:18:07 pm »

It makes sense for the race combination though. >.> Not just 'oh village died to army sadface'. Come back after hitting level 5 to be in Raptoran village, it's long since destroyed by evil dragon(what else has the power to destroy a community made purely of lvl 5+ people?), she cry/prays, Bahamut says 'coolstorybro' and then dragonborn.
What, you ask?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That. Or maybe this:

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2013, 10:20:04 pm »

If you want my completely unsolicited advice on writing a backstory: A perfectly acceptable backstory is built with three parts: a beginning, who the character used to be, a SUPERDRAMATICTRAUMATIC event, what put them on their path to now, and why they're here now, doing this. You'll notice that in both Wierdsound's backstory and my backstory.
I may be leaving the dramatic event out. What with a few bits of worldbuilding Remuthra and I did :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2013, 10:27:20 pm »

Neither of those have the power. Raptorans can fly, after all.

Wheee we'll just glide overhead and pepper you with arrows that will eventually whittle you down.

Dragons can hunt them down and kill them, flying or not.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2013, 10:31:21 pm »

Wheee we'll just glide overhead and pepper you with arrows that will eventually whittle you down.

Ahem.
You're welcome, Remuthra.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:38:58 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2013, 10:33:24 pm »

You'd probably need something faster and more manoeuvrable than that I think :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2013, 10:34:49 pm »

What, you ask?
That. Or maybe this:
What's that second one? A Tyranid from a swarm that assimilated the Tarrasque?

Regeneration 40 plus massive DR plus reach plus rush (lets him massively increase his movement speed for a round, allowing for impressive Jump checks) plus reflects spells plus spell resistance forty-odd plus immunity to several kinds of save-or-die spells plus fire immunity plus resistance to other forms of energy damage plus indestructible without wish or miracle that overcomes spell resistance. Plus whatever the second one has on top of that.
Yeah, not happening without a Pun-Pun or something.

Broken but amusing image.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2013, 10:40:18 pm »

GWG, they can still fly, far above. And there's hundreds of them. All level 5+. If nothing else, they could just leave without caring about it. Seriously man. He could not kill them all; whether they could kill him is moot. Plus probably led by a really high level guy, who can do something or other.

But Tarrasque attack is not her backstory anyway, so this is all just thought exercise.

EDIT: They can suffocate him. Make a giant tornado with all of their flying.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2013, 10:40:48 pm »

What, you ask?
That. Or maybe this:
What's that second one? A Tyranid from a swarm that assimilated the Tarrasque?
Some sort of "Chaos Tarrasque".
Broken but amusing image.
Fixed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2013, 11:10:09 pm »

GWG, they can still fly, far above. And there's hundreds of them. All level 5+. If nothing else, they could just leave without caring about it. Seriously man. He could not kill them all; whether they could kill him is moot. Plus probably led by a really high level guy, who can do something or other.
1. When rushing, its speed is something like 300 feet, which gives somewhere in the region of +100 to Jump checks on top of what it gets from its absurd Strength. With a running start, that would be quite a height...
2. So? That's hundreds more arrows, spells, and so forth that do zero damage, and perhaps the occasional scratch healed a fraction of a second later.
3. Oh sure, leave your entire village behind. Who cares? Not like they have homes or possessions or noncombatants. Oh wait, that makes no sense whatsoever if it fits any definition of a village.
4. But then they are not all level 5. Besides, whole parties of (non-cheesing) high-level adventurers have trouble with the Tarrasque. Unless epic-level NPCs are common and usually live in random villages in the middle of nowhere, you're still losing even if you win.

But Tarrasque attack is not her backstory anyway, so this is all just thought exercise.
So?

EDIT: They can suffocate him. Make a giant tornado with all of their flying.
Which puts it down until they stop violating the laws of physics with their wings.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 68