Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68541 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2013, 10:46:36 am »

We should start finalizing stuff.

I'm going to take all your notes into consideration and compile a rough draft of our code tonight or tomorrow. Is there anything else our team needs to do?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2013, 11:25:28 am »

For finalization: Has everyone finished their backstory? Do we have a ship and crew picked out? Are we going to go help the monks, or should we leave Team Do Gooders to do that?
Other than that, we should be good to go.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 11:55:12 am »

I have my backstory in my head. It does require me to have sailed a while with Slicer, so I hope that's list with weresound. Also, I still need to spend my last skill points. Do anyone want or think I should invest in anything in particular? I was going to ask ask but it slipped my mind.

As for the dwarfquest. I say we should decide after we hear what they're willing to pay us ;)
Love, scriver~

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2013, 12:29:46 pm »

For finalization: Has everyone finished their backstory?
I haven't finished my equipment.
I've been busy with school and/or my Worm RP.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2013, 12:50:05 pm »

I have my backstory in my head. It does require me to have sailed a while with Slicer, so I hope that's list with weresound. Also, I still need to spend my last skill points. Do anyone want or think I should invest in anything in particular? I was going to ask ask but it slipped my mind.

As for the dwarfquest. I say we should decide after we hear what they're willing to pay us ;)

Backstory is fine with me. I imagine Slicer hopped from ship to ship holding positions of increasing weight before becoming a captain.

I have a feeling, judging by the name of the game, that the Dwarves are trying to prevent some world ending cataclysm. I don't think too many people aboard the ship want the world to end, and my character has no problem with the dwarves, so I wouldn't mind hearing them out and starting at their fortress.

If we are picking a crew before the game starts, I'd say we start with a three-way split of Dwarves, Orcs, and Hobgoblins. That way we can play different factions against each other should they become unruly.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2013, 02:37:47 pm »

Actually, that would only end up in a two-way thing, since Hobgoblins tend to be the dominating orcoid. And with slicer as captain we don't have to worry so much about crew uprisings from that side.

Aside from that, I also have to work on my backstory too, forgot to do it up until this reminded me >.>

EDIT: Also going to voice my opposition to RPgeek joining team evil. The basis is mostly the fact that team good DOES need someone capable at min-maxing and has such a character available. Evil already has several characters that are fairly well optimised, so they do need you more.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:46:25 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2013, 03:34:32 pm »

How about a split between dwarves, drow (or normal elves), and kobolds/sahuagin/aquatic kobolds/something? Three-way tensions among the crew.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2013, 03:35:36 pm »

We'd get that with just the drow added to the duergar/hobgoblin mix :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2013, 04:52:21 pm »

Drows betray each other for a living. We don't want those on the ship. Also, doesn't you feel it's weird to bring duergar on a ship? I mean, not only are they an underground race, they're a deepdwelling mountain/cavern mining race. Having enough of them to form a main part of our crew kind of irk me.

Sahuagin would be cool though. Particularly good to have crew capable of underwater action. Could be useful.
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2013, 04:55:12 pm »

Hy, you already ave one that's near-impossible to kill, I rather doubt a few more squishy ones will do much more. Though if you want a modecum of safty, just grab some male drow. Those are docile atleast, and you can say that you'll find them a wife to get the back in line :P

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2013, 04:58:17 pm »

Drows betray each other for a living. We don't want those on the ship. Also, doesn't you feel it's weird to bring duergar on a ship? I mean, not only are they an underground race, they're a deepdwelling mountain/cavern mining race. Having enough of them to form a main part of our crew kind of irk me.

Sahuagin would be cool though. Particularly good to have crew capable of underwater action. Could be useful.

Yeah. I only want to have to keep my eyes on one Drow. Not a crew of em.

Hy, you already ave one that's near-impossible to kill, I rather doubt a few more squishy ones will do much more. Though if you want a modecum of safty, just grab some male drow. Those are docile atleast, and you can say that you'll find them a wife to get the back in line :P

All it takes is one of the bastards sneaking into an officer's cabin at night with a dagger to cause serious problems. Them being squishy only helps us punish, not prevent.

Also, how much do the goggles the Subterranian races need to handle the sun cost? That could be a dealbreaker for Drow and Duergar crewmembers.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »

10gp per set. Though we'd need those for the orcs as well to offset the -1 dazzled penalty. And those eyes better stay above the neckline :I

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2013, 05:02:47 pm »

Hey, don't you know drow are all Chaotic Good?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2013, 05:05:37 pm »

Screw you man, that's not funny :I

Also, Drow backstab in sequential order. They know the chain of command (If only to climb it via stabbing.) Raiss can keep 'em in line anyway.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2013, 05:32:30 pm »

So we should give all drow the rank if "ship rat" and hope they start by stabbing the ship cats?

Also yeah, there is the not small chance of them all turning out to be good-hearted avengers with a dark atmosphere doomed to be hated and feared by the very ones the seek to help. I suggest we keep on the lookout for dualwielders.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68