Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68722 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #615 on: December 01, 2013, 02:07:43 pm »

Long scattered to the winds due to a lack of organisation GWG.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 01, 2013, 02:09:38 pm »

Never finished their sheets. *shrug*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 01, 2013, 02:14:09 pm »

Long scattered to the winds due to a lack of organisation GWG.
Amusing, how that turned out.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 01, 2013, 02:52:27 pm »

Infinite psicrystals. Just swarm them in groups and use them to grapple people with Aid Another. Insane grapple bonus, once you get enough of them.
But since they are diminutive, they can't make unarmed attacks, and their grapple modifier is -12. Swarms of them are a mediocre combat strategy. Also, I'm not quite sure how health scales between crystals. I think it's half of the original's HP. I think I'll just have them throw each other. Or build them into a suit of crystal armor. OR BOTH.
Let me guess: You're naming your psicrystal's psicrystal Number Three.
It was tempting, but the penis joke of Mini-me: Number Two doesn't really carry into a second iteration. They'll just be identified by straight number.
For the psicrystal swarm. You could hit like 30 of them with one shot.
At least. 25 can fit into on square.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 01, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »

staring down the approaching fog.

* Genesis DUEL OF WILLs Grey Haze!
Love, scriver~

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 01, 2013, 03:14:34 pm »

1d20 (13) + 8 will = 21.
Your move, fog.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 01, 2013, 03:17:20 pm »

Infinite psicrystals. Just swarm them in groups and use them to grapple people with Aid Another. Insane grapple bonus, once you get enough of them.
But since they are diminutive, they can't make unarmed attacks, and their grapple modifier is -12. Swarms of them are a mediocre combat strategy. Also, I'm not quite sure how health scales between crystals. I think it's half of the original's HP. I think I'll just have them throw each other. Or build them into a suit of crystal armor. OR BOTH.
Just force the enemy to be unable to move. Grapple with enough, one will get a 20 on the roll.
Or just Share Powers with whatever psions have instead of Enlarge Person. Suddenly, you have Tiny psicrystals, capable of dealing 1 damage with an unarmed strike.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 01, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »

Let me guess: You're naming your psicrystal's psicrystal Number Three.
It was tempting, but the penis joke of Mini-me: Number Two doesn't really carry into a second iteration. They'll just be identified by straight number.
For the psicrystal swarm. You could hit like 30 of them with one shot.
At least. 25 can fit into on square.
And your standard splash weapon can hit nine squares...

1d20 (13) + 8 will = 21.
Your move, fog.
1d20(3)+4=7. The fog cows before your mighty glare.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 01, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

Just force the enemy to be unable to move. Grapple with enough, one will get a 20 on the roll.
Or just Share Powers with whatever psions have instead of Enlarge Person. Suddenly, you have Tiny psicrystals, capable of dealing 1 damage with an unarmed strike.
Sadly, Enlarge Person is a pyschic warrior spell, but as a thrallherd, that isn't a problem.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 01, 2013, 06:11:24 pm »

Sorry, I'm no good in a storm. I have things that create fogs, not dispel them. I'll try to learn gust of wind sometime soon.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 01, 2013, 06:36:39 pm »

Sorry, I'm no good in a storm. I have things that create fogs, not dispel them. I'll try to learn gust of wind sometime soon.
Stay above deck, we still aren't sure what's going to go down.

Remuthra, do my crystal stabilizing boots give me a circumstance bonus to balance checks?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 01, 2013, 06:42:40 pm »

Stay above deck, we still aren't sure what's going to go down.

Remuthra, do my crystal stabilizing boots give me a circumstance bonus to balance checks?
What boots? I'm not seeing anything on your sheet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 01, 2013, 06:44:59 pm »

And thus, the flaws of this particular powerplay had undone it :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 01, 2013, 07:03:47 pm »

"Let's try out the crystal armour and a throwing squadron, Number Two."
With his words, crystals in the shape of scales begin appearing around his body. They swarm down his head, chest, arms and legs, and spill over onto the floor. There, they form up into pairs, standing at attention. Some swell up around his feet, like large, wide boots, keeping him somewhat stable against the rocking of the ship.
My powergaming knows no bounds.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 01, 2013, 07:04:23 pm »

"Let's try out the crystal armour and a throwing squadron, Number Two."
With his words, crystals in the shape of scales begin appearing around his body. They swarm down his head, chest, arms and legs, and spill over onto the floor. There, they form up into pairs, standing at attention. Some swell up around his feet, like large, wide boots, keeping him somewhat stable against the rocking of the ship.
My powergaming knows no bounds.
What power is that?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 68