Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Nations of Dolusil 2 (6/6) OOC thread  (Read 12430 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Dolusil 2 (6/6) OOC thread
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2013, 04:29:50 pm »

Oh, I see. So I lost 2 invention points by trying to early?
No, not really. My bad.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2013, 04:31:16 pm »

so the answer to my question about shellfish farms is basically, "try it and see"? :)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2013, 04:57:09 pm »

And the fun begins. Time for the first PvP war
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2013, 05:00:41 pm »

Seems like a good idea to explain the game's rules on emergency militia.

Each pop unit not used to support military units(1 per 4 units), will spawn 2 militia units.

There, explained.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »

Hum... You mean that I'll face 12 militia units?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2013, 05:08:30 pm »

Ten. 1 pop is partially used to sustain his war cogs. Also, not all immediately, depending on rolls. They might not be prepared.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2013, 05:12:50 pm »

Hehe, it will be noticeably harder and riskier than I expected, Still will not change my plans as it is worth a risk to lose some units (or even all attacking force) If I'll manage to do noticeable damage to economics . If not it's still !!fun!!.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2013, 05:13:47 pm »

You do realize I just invoked magical construction to complete my terrace project right? :P

Also, I don't blame you for making th attack, if the dice gods had crippled YOU like they did me, I'd probably do the same thing!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:23:48 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:35 pm »

Seems like a good idea to explain the game's rules on emergency militia.

Each pop unit not used to support military units(1 per 4 units), will spawn 2 militia units.

There, explained.
Just for clarification, will we Oedogi spawn mounted militia instead?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2013, 10:34:21 pm »

heh, mounted heavy infantry? You're talking about dragoons right?

so, the proper research item would Oedogi Dragoons(but feel free to ignore me, you can call them what they want)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2013, 10:59:41 pm »

heh, mounted heavy infantry? You're talking about dragoons right?

so, the proper research item would Oedogi Dragoons(but feel free to ignore me, you can call them what they want)
Basically they are just cavalry buffed up to the point that their steeds couldn't go faster than a trot, and probably couldn't be controlled to bring forth a charge.

Its more like a elite, buffed up, guards unit than standard fare dragoons.

(that said they do have the function of Dragoons, in its original usage as mounted police.)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:36:41 pm by evilcherry »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2013, 11:02:09 pm »

Ah. OK then, carry on :P

Also, It's kinda hard for me to plan a defense if I don't know what units I have to work with, and the state of my defenses. Also, I'm not sure I want UR to actually know what I'm planning, so can I PM you a general list of what I have in mind(depending on forces?)

Or, is that not allowed?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:22:53 pm by tryrar »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2013, 03:04:32 am »

Believe me if that was allowed my attack would be a sneak attack masked with a trade mission

I really hope for good rolls to let it be sneak attack, tat I'll manage to attack before defenses get constructed and that your archipelago like territory will create problem gathering all forces at grand harbor

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2013, 03:56:34 am »

yeah, that was mainly wishful thinking on my part. But seriously, it does look like I need to see what forces I have before I can come up with a battleplan :(

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2013, 10:23:17 am »

Damn that fishing fleets and tryrar's 18 roll for initiative, That's gonna be fun

Is boarding using my transports possible?

And who should act first here?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19