Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Nations of Dolusil 2 (6/6) OOC thread  (Read 12398 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Dolusil 2 (0/6)
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 04:57:09 pm »

Did i trigger a nomadic horse tribe theme or something? They seem to be popping up now :I
Durrr..

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 05:51:19 pm »

I'm very unlikely to play, but I just wanted to propose a thematic idea I had after seeing this.  Do not treat this post as an application.  (I'm fine with anyone hijacking this idea.)  I would, however, appreciate hearing peoples' responses to it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 05:53:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this all right? I assume the wall with require and invention given it's significantly taller, thicker, longer and has towers, parapets and a rounded top to prevent anything latching on. Also why I created it using all 3 ideas.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:08:47 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 06:10:48 pm »

I also just got a cool idea for a theme; mountain-dwelling griffon riders! Not sure if this is possible for this level of tech(and I like my naval civ better), but would combining magical husbandry, livestock, breeding, and travel by air allow for griffon domestication?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2013, 06:31:08 pm »

tryrar, looks like we will compete for control over the seas sometime later
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2013, 06:33:37 pm »

If both of you are selected.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2013, 06:35:27 pm »

Heh, your whale-based raiders versus my fleet of warships. Should be interesting :)

Edit: Made some minor edits(included the stats for the Grand Harbor, and made a slight name change to my nation so that the name was less clunky)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:57:07 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2013, 06:51:18 pm »

Hey Ebbor, can I scrap the mana pool and exchange it for something else since my people will never use any magic?

Also, with trained militia how much of my population can I draft in to form that militia?
Caine's law.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2013, 09:24:43 pm »

Did i trigger a nomadic horse tribe theme or something? They seem to be popping up now :I
I didn't even read your app before you pinged that :(

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2013, 09:35:09 pm »

Just because I'm bored can I point out I made a nomadic horse tribe months ago in another game? So really I caused the theme it just had a delayed reaction :P.
Caine's law.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2013, 04:11:13 am »

Hey Ebbor, can I scrap the mana pool and exchange it for something else since my people will never use any magic?

Also, with trained militia how much of my population can I draft in to form that militia?
1/4 of the non-soldier population. (so, 1 militia unit/pop unit). When the capital is attacked, another 1/4 will rise up as unarmed mobs.*
Do note that using them as attack force will hamper production.

*1/2 for those without trained militia.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 05:23:07 am »

Heh, your whale-based raiders versus my fleet of warships. Should be interesting :)

Edit: Made some minor edits(included the stats for the Grand Harbor, and made a slight name change to my nation so that the name was less clunky)
I am planning to branch into necromancy, undead whales potential is something I can't ignore
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2013, 05:51:17 am »

Reserving a spot if there's any left? I'm a bit confused if there's a spot left really.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2013, 05:56:10 am »

No reserves, no first come, first serve.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2013, 05:59:21 am »

So are there any glaring problems with my application? For that matter, how effective would directing my research in the general area of magitech be? And how necessary are the scientific method and harmony with magic ideas (mainly because I am thinking about investing in Biology a little bit at some point in the future)?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19