Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Nations of Dolusil 2 (6/6) OOC thread  (Read 12372 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Dolusil 2 (0/6)
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2013, 11:33:05 am »

Ok two questions then: If I forgo the ballistae for now and create them later, can I retrofit my existing ships with them? Regardless, I ,was wondering if I started with engineering, sea travel, and magical construction, if that'd allow for me to start with something like a larger harbor?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2013, 11:35:35 am »

Ok two questions then: If I forgo the ballistae for now and create them later, can I retrofit my existing ships with them? Regardless, I ,was wondering if I started with engineering, sea travel, and magical construction, if that'd allow for me to start with something like a larger harbor?
Retrofits can happen, yes.

New buildings are inventions.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 11:44:47 am »

I've changed my techs around a bit. The important question is if I would be able to feed my great hydrophobic nation?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 11:50:53 am »

Alright, I dropped ballistae and artillery doctrine for now, grabbed engineering, and combined  that with sea travel and magical construction to create the Grand Harbor, which hopefully allows me to feed my entire people(I haven't changed out my small harbor yet because I'm waiting to see if the Grand Harbor is ok)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 12:00:10 pm »

I've changed my techs around a bit. The important question is if I would be able to feed my great hydrophobic nation?
The answer is still no. Farms, with agriculture produces 3 food. You need 1 per pop unit.

Though techs could help with that, I suppose.

Alright, I dropped ballistae and artillery doctrine for now, grabbed engineering, and combined  that with sea travel and magical construction to create the Grand Harbor, which hopefully allows me to feed my entire people(I haven't changed out my small harbor yet because I'm waiting to see if the Grand Harbor is ok)
How about these stats for the grand harbor:
-Capacity for 3 fleets. Each fleet can gather either 2 food or transport 5 goods. Uses 2 mana/turn.
-Cost is 20 resource, 10 mana

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 12:02:12 pm »

The answer is still no. Farms, with agriculture produces 3 food. You need 1 per pop unit.

Still no? This is the first time I asked.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 12:07:28 pm »

How about these stats for the grand harbor:
-Capacity for 3 fleets. Each fleet can gather either 2 food or transport 5 goods. Uses 2 mana/turn.
-Cost is 20 resource, 10 mana

Sounds fine to me. Couple questions: Is it assumed I start with those fleets, or do I actually have to build them? Also, how much mana do mana wells provide per turn? If needed, I'll still drop the mine in order to build more so I don't run the risk of running negative mana...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 12:25:08 pm »

Hmm, I think that I won't play.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2013, 12:40:11 pm »

You don't get buy extra levels of techs, neither do you ever research them in game. You can get them by discovering related inventions.

Also, fleets are included with the building.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2013, 01:03:15 pm »

Auran fire would require Chemistry, at least. And yeah, they're fine, but you're making inventions based on ideas that are still in negatives range, so it'll all be quite unreliable.
I think I know what my fifth tech will be.
Reliable, I can work on later. I have a vague image, and I want to use it darnit!

Anyways. I have time now. I should be able to get to work on finishing Aura shortly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2013, 01:20:00 pm »

You don't get buy extra levels of techs, neither do you ever research them in game. You can get them by discovering related inventions.

Also, fleets are included with the building.

Awesome, just need to know still if one mana well is enough, or if I need to build more. Other than that, I think I'm done!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2013, 02:00:02 pm »

Spoiler: Nation Repost (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2013, 02:10:44 pm »

Alright, dull rulesy stuff finished. Now to catch up on flavor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2013, 02:23:34 pm »

Trung is erased from the annals of history. Enter one of its predecessor, Oedogi.

History: The Oedogis are a nomadic tribe, but they have shown increased organization, as their social live converges on the Oedogi Camp. The Camp holds the annual Festival of Autumn, in which many animals of the herd are slaughtered for a gigantic feast. Traditionally, Oedogi boy has to show competence in riding before considered a men; eventually this evolves into trained boys trying to bring wild bulls, lions, giant spiders, and such into submission under his leash. While most of the time it is just for show, the possibility of spider cavalry is always fascinating. Another highlight is a obstacle course contest, which is said to mimic the real combat situations of an Oedogi mounted warrior would face, and includes some riding, some horseback archery, and some spear use. In any case it is very sensible military training.

Outside festival time the camp is sparsely populated, as everyone need to tend to their livestock. More recently, exchange with other tribes leads to the opening of a mine for metal, but elders are concerned about erosion of the Oedogi lifestyle.

Capital: Oedogi Camp [Population: 5]
       - Watch towers and constant scouts/patrols keep bandits out.
       - 3 Livestock, 1 Mine

Resources:
    -10/20 food
    -20/30 Construction material
    -10 Mana
    -0/2 innovation points:
Army:
       - 2x Oedogi light Cavalry

Science and Magic
-Mining
-Cavalry Doctrine
-Mounted Troops
-Livestock
-Breeding

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2013, 04:09:02 pm »

Name: Torkal
Short History and Description: Torkal was once a fairly ordinary small town nestled among some hills and near a medium sized river, but after the discovery that the crystals that have been harvested and used for some rather small-scale rituals could be used to create quite effective arcane implements of war, Torkal soon managed to subdue quite a bit of the surrounding area and grew to become a small city. The city of Torkal is ruled by a council elected from the upper classes of the city, which can elect one of its number to be a temporary ruler for emergencies and crises.

Capital  [Population: 5]
       - Minor Defenses: A small wall around Torkal, although this is supplemented by the hilly terrain the city sits on.
       - 2xFarming village
       - Lumber camp
       - Mage tower

Resources:
    -10/20 food
    -20/30 Construction material
    -10 Mana (Refills each turn)
    -0/2 innovation points: (+1/turn)
Army:
       - Fire wand squad
       - Spearmen

Science and Magic
       - Agriculture
       - Elemental Magic
       - Enchantment
       - Magic Crystals
       - Invention: Elemental Attack Wands = Magic Crystals+Enchantment+Elemental Magic - allow normal soldiers to use the elements to attack their enemies

Is there anything wrong with this? Also, I am assuming that when you say that some ideas start at level 1, this only happens if we take them at city creation?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:13:28 am by RulerOfNothing »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19