Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Nations of Dolusil 2 (6/6) OOC thread  (Read 12391 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nations of Dolusil 2 (6/6) OOC thread
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2013, 05:26:04 pm »

Some questions:

a) The cemetery will give small bonuses from natural deaths (scaled with pop) and large bonuses events like disasters, intentional sacrifices and battles nearby, right?
b) Are raider cogs just to heavy to be towed by whale and thus immobile? Or it's because they are not fully repaired ?
c) Sailors of death are just upgraded versions of Sea raiders, right? If so, can I upgrade them and what is the cost?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2013, 02:52:34 am »

1) Yes
2) Immobile because they're not fully repaired. You can tow them with whales, but then they won't move during battle.
3) No upgrades. It's hard to balance, and easy to abuse.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2013, 05:33:09 am »

We need one evil faction, right? :)

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2013, 11:20:47 am »

Gentlemen, with the completion of this project I believe I will have a total of 10.8 production points per turn. Which means I am open to the possibility of trading production for other things.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2013, 01:10:10 pm »

I AM short on production right now, so if there's something I have you want, just let me know. (Maybe I'll loan you my crossbowmen? They'll act as mercenaries under your control for 2 production a turn or war spoils, whatever is higher)

Or I can do this: Front the materials, and I'll construct a catapult unit for you(for a 5 production fee of course). I'm pretty sure I can modify a simple wheel-base for it at no extra cost(since that would probably fall under it's ability to be land-deployed).

Also, 10ebbor, I hate to ask this, but the science changes have me confused(especially on how to trade and integrate tech), so if you could give me a clear example of what's kosher to do, I'd be appreciated
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2013, 01:17:02 pm »

Hmm. You and I can't really make any deals right now until some questions are answered about moving goods. Since I dont want to unintentionally aid my enemies. You lack naval superiority, which means trade between us could be intercepted.

Unless of course the transfer cannot be interfered with!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2013, 01:36:53 pm »

Terenos if you want a war with my necromancers then trade with the kingdom

Right now we  are not and I have no intention to start to have hostile relations with your guys

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2013, 01:43:34 pm »

You traded with someone who attacked me. That more or less sours our relationship already. Secondly, you're a naval power. If I didnt fear the Oedegi, why would I fear you?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2013, 01:51:40 pm »

Yep I did trade. I prefer to have friendly relationships with Oedogi and found a way to use spearmen  as I had more land forces than I need. They have a chance to level up in Oedogi wars, something I'd love

That's not a war with you and that's certainly don't close possible trade between us. Road between us would be the thing I'd love to have, for example

Your trade with kingdom will be a target for my pirates, don't even doubt that. And I will be ready to send whatever I can to aid next Oedogi raids. Allowing kingdom to get production for constructing more ships not something that I can ignore.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2013, 02:02:07 pm »

Yes, your forces are assisting my enemy. Before the adjustment to the rules, your spearmen would havebeen joining the raid on me. If its you and the Oedogi working together, even a little, I have to seek out allies. And where better than among your enemies?

Or, you can remove your spearmen, and stay out of my war. And I'll consider staying out of yours.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2013, 02:10:14 pm »

I am out of the war. I'll not sour my relationships with Oedogi by abandoning friendly  cooperation.  And I very much prefer to have friendly relationships with you, too. If that's not what you want, you'll get an enemy

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2013, 02:19:01 pm »

If I were to attack him, would not your soldiers join the battle on his side? Then you protect him, and threaten me. Not winning friends here.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2013, 02:49:12 pm »

Still that's not  a war.  In fact even if you'll start trade with the Kingdom I will not attack your ships as you have none, I will keep attacking ships of the kingdom. Only if I  fail to win naval war, I'll switch to land units\spells and try to knock out one nation that supplies my enemy with lumber to build ships

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2013, 04:30:33 pm »

Dammit. Forgetting about this again.

Update tomorrow.

Edit: Or the day after. Internet's been acting up, and so has RL.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:53:58 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2013, 05:56:03 pm »

10ebbor10, fix quotes in the post

Also, I think it will much less confusing if you'll write something like cost of the next idea unlock = X innovation points than current "X left to unlock"

And I want to know, are there any pointy to request new ideas to be added to the list?

I rather miss Astronomy\Astrology and Mathematics
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:13:07 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19