Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 39064 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2013, 02:31:37 pm »

I hope you don't drop out Culise I have fun playing against you
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2013, 02:40:08 pm »

"B..but you promised me to fullfill my wish for victory Jirachi! How could I still lose to the fairy boy?"

Jirachi remained silent. Akroma was already going to give up, when the third eye on Jirachis stomach opened, and she saw pictures, words, equations, in a strange, ancient language, but yet she understood every single word...

"So...so that's how? You want me to...build my own pokemon?"

Jirachi remained silent.

And so Akroma drove to the nearest convenience store, to grab a bunch of glue, rubber bands and spoons. A hardcore building montage overlayed with motivating music later, it was completed....
Akroma 7, Bluerobin 2

finaly I defeated Togekiss.

Bluerobin might claim that not having heal-bell destroyed him, but in truth, it saved him for a long time - the paralysis prevented me from putting Toxic on Latias, which dragged this out much longer. Had I been able to Toxic more of her mons, Bluerobin would have been forced to switch to Togekiss again and again - into a team that was fully prepared to take it out this time.

edit: See Culise? Why deny Kansa the right to battle you? It's him who decides if your team is too strong (or actually, not him either. In finality, I guess only I would have the right to call certain pokemon out, and even then, only BEFORE they are being used), not you.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:00:34 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 03, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »

Alright. I need to rechoose my 6th mon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 03, 2013, 03:46:59 pm »

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankubersbeta-67163081

Akroma 7, GWG 2

Genesect was tailored to be a Culise counter, turns out that against non-culises, he is not all that great...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 04:02:34 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 03, 2013, 04:31:24 pm »

First run. Thanks to Akroma for letting me replay. Luck or those Leftovers really made the difference...for one whole point.

And Genesect didn't seem that terrible. Although I don't remember Mega-Charizard or Zapdos's Heat Wave coming into play.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 04, 2013, 12:54:23 pm »

Waiting in arts and crafts. Rolepgeek won't be rolling around till the weekend, but Kansa might show up.

The preparations for the 2.0 project are almost done. As soon as the map is completed, I'll open up a new thread and send out PMs to everyone, including some senior players such as ICBM and Elfcollaborater, who knows, maybe enough time has passed that gen6 no longer gets spoilered

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 04, 2013, 10:36:11 pm »

My question, Akroma, is this:

Why would you choose Genesect, when I have Camerupt already?

I beat Culise because he didn't realize just how hard of a counter Camerupt was to Scizor when i first brought him out. The second game, he played much more carefully with Scizor. You, too, have U-turn. You should simply hope I don't figure out how to counter U-turn in some way.

And I just realized you said we can use Ubers.

WE CAN USE UBERS OH FUCK YES
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 04, 2013, 10:38:14 pm »

And apparently I chose a bad uber.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 04, 2013, 10:59:27 pm »

Not bad, just...did you ever have a clear idea where your team was going? You have sun, with Corsola and Ferrothorn. Palkia with Hydro Pump. You...you just never really made a team meant to synergize.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2013, 11:03:51 pm »

I tried putting together whatever Pokemon I thought would fulfill a need I thought I had at the time. (Plus, the two "synergy"-ey teams I've put together got demolished when the other guys brought out the water or fire moves. Didn't set a good precedent.)
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2013, 11:08:06 pm »

Okay. Get on Showdown, I want to show you some of my synergy teams. They also happen to be Monos, since I like monotype metagame. More of a challenge, at times(also, Flying type basically always dies to my ice team. Just as I almost always die to Steel.)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2013, 11:28:39 pm »

Remind me in the morning, I should be getting to bed in half an hour ago at the latest.
Sig

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2013, 03:49:03 am »

I'm really sorry I haven't been that active in this this week I have a few bits of coursework that need to be in soon so I have been focusing my attentions on that, I should be able to my battles soon though
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2013, 07:09:13 am »

the new round has been opened, but rest assured, this tournament shall be finished anyway. I was just unable to wait, round 2 will be awesome

be sure to grab a spot soon, because eventhough it is unlikely that you will be too slow, only 10 spots exist

edit: screw it being unlikely, already half of the spots gone!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:15:10 am by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 05, 2013, 12:01:04 pm »

Proof I still suck.

Spoiler: Or not? (click to show/hide)
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35