Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 39037 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2013, 01:04:32 pm »

Akroma was staring at the stars in despair. Even with the mighty Gastrodon, she could not overcome all her enemies. Whatever should she do?

"Oh please dear stars, grant me just this one wish! Give me the power to bash in the skulls of those annoying fairies! Give me the power to win this tournament, I beg of you! If you can grant me this one wish, I shall do everything you ask of me!"

And all night she went staring at the stars, with all her might and soul she wished for the downfall of her enemies, that finaly, her voice reached a certain ear...

"And also dear stars, please make Sammy stop hitting itself, please...."

--------------

2 points for GWG, 6 for Akroma

rolepgeek if you wanna be in on time, well, I and GWG are on arts and crafts
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:07:24 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2013, 04:28:10 pm »

Nooooo oooooone
swims like Gastrodon
no one ice beams like Gastrodon
no one is as incredibly stally as gastrodon...

Spoiler: Not even...Gastrodon? (click to show/hide)

-------------------

Akroma goes 5 - 0 against Rolepgeek, rather suprisingly. Gastrodon is just utterly reliable. Even when taking an energy ball from Alakazam

-------------------

On a tournament unrelated note, The magical Girls took one Rolepgeeks mono-bug team.
Spoiler: Good Game (click to show/hide)

Summary: Rolepgeek sets up several speed boosts and sword dances, then calls "gg" in round 5 and baton passes - right into Sylveon OHKOing
              Rolepgeek sets up quiver dance on Volcarona, then calls "gg" - for Sylveon to take Volcarona with it
              Rolepgeek sets up Durant, then calls "gg" - for Jirachi to show him who's boss
              Akroma proceeds to use her favourite team of her favourite (non-Gastrodon) pokemons, and takes apart the mono-overconfidence team

man, that felt good. Sylveon has once again risen in respect.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:46:19 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 28, 2013, 05:41:28 pm »

The trainer walked through the caves lost, had been wandering about for hours now and had no idea where on earth he was. He was beginning to wonder if he would ever find his way out alive, it certainly would be an anticlimactic way to go in the end. They probably wouldn't find his body until days after his passing and even then it would probably be just a lucky discovery. At least he still had his pokemon with him, he probably would have given up hope by now if it wasn't for them.

As he continued walking the ground shifted and shook almost making him lose his balance. It had to be an earthquake but as the trainer looked around it became clear that the quake was not natural in origin. The source of the shaking was a giant serpent over sixteen feet high, he knew what it was on sight it was a legendary pokemon after all, it was Zygarde. The trainer grasped one of his pokeballs and prepared to battle. The fight went on for what seemed like hours but at last the trainer defeated the great beast and actually managed to capture it as well. He was now the owner of a legendary pokemon.

He was still lost though but that was quickly fixed with his new pokemon's help, Zygarde having lived in the caverns knew them perfectly and it wasn't long until the trainer felt sunlight on his face again. Things couldn't have gone better in the end.

Spoiler: Zygarde (click to show/hide)

And now time for fights first against BlueRobin

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would post the replay for Akroma but I lost it,  she knocked out 5 of mine and I knocked out 2 of hers though
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 28, 2013, 08:01:07 pm »

Sure thing, Madoka.

I would post the replay for Akroma but I lost it,  she knocked out 5 of mine and I knocked out 2 of hers though
Were either of the ones you knocked out the gasbag?

Oh, and the server seems to be down.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 28, 2013, 08:14:03 pm »

Lots of options for me. If anyone's noticed a pattern in my types(I doubt it), they'll see why my options may or may not be more limited than otherwise.

Landorus has Sand Force, so would fit quite well(and is OU now) with my team should I go with Tyranitar as my sixth. Landorus is a check to Culise's Scizor, and fulfills the much needed ohysical attacker part of my team, though is unfortunately checked and weakened by a Will O Wisp from Sableye.
T-tar would be an excellent special wall/tank, with either assault vest or a mega-stone, and sandstorm boosting his special defense significantly.
Regirock would also be an option for that, and with an Assault Vest becomes an extremely bulky tank. Once sandstorm is had, I wouldn't even need assault vest. Registeel is an option as well, but would be overall less effective, I think.
Terrakion is generally quite good, but with the mons so far I don't think he'd have much of a place.

My options expand, but aren't necessarily better, if I don't go with sandstorm, or don't care about one pokemon taking damage if it's up. I could go with Virizion, an excellent special wall, with physical attacking ability to take care of that bloody Gastrodon. Kills off Rotom-W and Politoed quite handily, as well. However, I don't know how well it would fare against the other mons, particularly Scizor, if Camerupt can't counter him(almost certainly a check, I'd say, with Lava Plume to burn him if it doesn't kill him straight off), Goodra with Sap Sipper, and Togekiss or Charizard.
Entei gives me a good physical attacker with great coverage to compliment my current, as well as the speed to make it matter(and an immunity to fire if I can use Flash Fire, which should keep Forretress alive longer) although having two fire types without even a water or ground resist seems quite dangerous.
Articuno gets Freeze Dry, and gives me a special wall to compliment Forretress's physical wall; a set of Roost/Substitute/Freeze Dry/Roar(Whirlwind?), Toxic, or Heal Bell would be a great addition to the team. Freeze Dry gets super-effective coverage on even more; 4x on Gastrodon, Gliscor, and Dragonite, 2x on anything from Corsola to Sigilyph.
Cresselia and Celebi are both quite excellent in general, Cresselia allowing me to stall or wall basically anything currently in the game bar Scizor and Volcarona(hmmmm...) and Celebi serves as a counter to a number of mons.
For the sixth in this case, Lucario, especially with his new mega receiving Adaptability(Close Combat+Adaptability. Good luck with that.), could be a very dangerous and beneficial addition, as Mega-Alakazam seems to have accumulated counters in everyone else's team.
Breloom is OU for a reason, and would not only be an excellent physical attacker to add to the team, but would be able to fulfill a number of different roles and counter a number of different mons.
If I were to take a page from Akroma's book and go for a magical girl, Mega-Mawile would wreck house, with incredible attacking power, resistances to the typical fairy counters, and the ability to beat on fairies herself. For a similar reason, though more sweep-oriented, Medicham would also be quite excellent, with powerful moves to match.
Jellicent both presents a sturdy special wall for Akroma's team, and a counter to Culise's water team, at least once Rotom-W is gone. Additionally, any late-game rapid spinners you sneaky bastards might slip in can be spin-blocked.
I've used Quagsire to great effect on multiple occasions on my Water mono, and his ability to use setup sweepers as his own setup oppurtunity is excellent ((oh you have +6 Mr Scizor? That's nice. I'll be over here using Curse, thanks.))
Magnezone is Magnezone, and with the quantity of steel types in play, needs no explanation.

Many options aren't available to me at this point, ones that would work with sandstorm, due to my choices and the required types of pokemon at this point. Tyranitar and Garchomp or Excadrill, for example. Aggron with Sandstorm to be incredibly bulky in any case, pre-mega-evo.

Just my thoughts while I hide from the noise of the thanksgiving talks(hurt my ears...).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2013, 08:30:00 pm »

Were either of the ones you knocked out the gasbag?

Yeah I think Gastrodon was one of the two
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »

Good news, bad news.

Good news: Replays are up!

Bad news: My toxic team got thrashed by a couple of baton-passing Steels.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2013, 04:22:46 am »

I have already chosen my last mon, without having to consider quite as much. With a team full of various tanks, I was lacking in proper attacking power for too long...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 30, 2013, 06:24:11 am »

Hmm, the warning was correct, over thanks giving hardly anyone is showing up

bumping with best holiday wishes

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2013, 03:07:09 pm »

I'm available now, and a lot earlier than usual.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2013, 04:34:54 pm »

Akroma proceeds to be uneffected by Rolepgeeks teams

akroma 6, rolepgeek 0. Looks like it is decided that the main competitors for first place will be Akroma and Culise. If only Culise would finaly return from thanksgiving

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 30, 2013, 05:31:28 pm »

My team doesn't have a counter for Gastrodon, unfortunately. I really should have gone with Breloom if I wanted to deal with Akroma. Anyway.

Rolep can do something against non-stall.

5-1 Rolep/GWG

We didn't do the Round 5 though, I guess.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2013, 07:46:53 pm »

Akroma proceeds to be uneffected by Rolepgeeks teams

akroma 6, rolepgeek 0. Looks like it is decided that the main competitors for first place will be Akroma and Culise. If only Culise would finaly return from thanksgiving

Sorry.  Housework is kinda...eugh.  I'm just glad I didn't have to go crawling through the attic or hauling the refrigerator around myself.  I'll be online for a little while in the usual place, though I doubt anyone else is online at this time. ^_^

Though, picking a legendary was hard.  I figured out my sixth pick, which ruled out my original choices for fifth.  Thankfully, the Ubers-reset brought a couple interesting choices to the fore. ^_^
But, on second thought, it's kinda...*sigh*.  Right, back to basics. 
And on third thought, I'm going with it.  It's like, weather was nerfed, right?  And it fits my team's intent, and it is OU...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:04:59 pm by Culise »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2013, 11:05:10 am »

Before we start into the final round (probably on tuesday), a reminder of what battles are still missing:

Round 3: Kansa vs GWG

Round 4: Kansa vs GWG, Kansa vs Culise, Kansa vs Rolepgeek, GWG vs Rolepgeek, Culise vs Rolepgeek

Round 5: Kansa vs GWG, Kansa vs Culise, Kansa vs Rolepgeek, GWG vs Rolepgeek, GWG vs Culise, GWG vs Bluerobin, Culise vs Everyone, Rolepgeeks vs Everyone but Akroma

especialy those who have a lot of battles missing, consider contacting your opponents via PM, to figure out a good meeting time
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:09:47 am by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35