Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 39038 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League - Uncharted Territory
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 03:28:33 pm »

good to see you back Elf

Greatwyrm, I dont see you on showdown
Eh? I've been around.

Just got tired of running the old Bay12 Pokemon League. I'll not sign up; I haven't gotten the games yet and probably won't unless the make the Pokemon transfer function free.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 03:30:41 pm »

it's free in the first year I think. Also come ooon, we need some old regulars. ICBM is already sitting out not to spoil himself. We are low on manpower
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 03:31:50 pm »

it's free in the first year I think. Also come ooon, we need some old regulars. ICBM is already sitting out not to spoil himself. We are low on manpower
Nah. I'd rather get a feel for them in the proper games, especially considering the meta changes with Fairies countering Dragons now.

And Ghost being OP again. Goddamn Gengars.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 03:35:26 pm »

yeah, gengar totaly did not need that kinda amazing boost at all.

anyway, since when does on get the feel for the meta from the actual game:P

the NPCs are all idiots. Then again, so are Culise and I, I mean, look at the joke teams we built. A magical girl team, hardly the representative of a competitive meta
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 03:36:01 pm »

yeah, gengar totaly did not need that kinda amazing boost at all.

anyway, since when does on get the feel for the meta from the actual game:P

the NPCs are all idiots. Then again, so are Culise and I, I mean, look at the joke teams we built. A magical girl team, hardly the representative of a competitive meta
Since I have a couple of guys I know who play the game competitively and have the proper game.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »

I am awaiting you in arts and crafts, what is your name on showdown ?

es explained, to battle, join the chatroom arts and crafts on the showdown website. it can be found on the list on the right
Trying to figure out how to do that. Failing.
Okay, figured it out, except I'm having trouble finding Arts and Crafts. Also I can't have two Dragonites and a Gyarados as my team.
And now I found that. Yaty.

I've built a probably-crappy team and am ready to get my feet wet!
Full dragon team. I called it.
Nope, two dragons and a Water/Flying.
All flying team, now that I think about it.

Greatwyrm, I dont see you on showdown
That's what it says in the upper-right corner...

Nah. I'd rather get a feel for them in the proper games, especially considering the meta changes with Fairies countering Dragons now.

And Ghost being OP again. Goddamn Gengars.
I'd ask, but I probably wouldn't understand or care about the answer.

I'm curious..."Magic Girl Team"?

Also, team fiddling done.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 04:06:12 pm »

mean big dragony things are nothing against the power of love. the power of love, and hyperbeam

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-60562707

seriously, dragons got a very noticable nerf. One should see to it to remove most dragon moves except maybe one for STAB, and make room for varied coverage.
especialy outrage is pretty much a wasted slot against anyone who runs a fairy
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:08:19 pm by Akroma »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 04:07:38 pm »

mean big dragony things are nothing against the power of love. the power of love, and hyperbeam

Heh.

Gengar all the way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 07:30:12 pm »

*grumble*
How do you do those replay things?

seriously, dragons got a very noticable nerf. One should see to it to remove most dragon moves except maybe one for STAB, and make room for varied coverage.
especialy outrage is pretty much a wasted slot against anyone who runs a fairy
And the more I know...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 03:35:58 am »

Bump. For the power of love and friendship!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 07:45:52 am »

How do you do those replay things? I want to show everyone how I didn't manage to lose both Pokemon battkes I was in!
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 07:48:58 am »

after a battle, click on share replay. if you do, the replay will be uploaded, and a popup with the link will appear. if you don't, the replay is lost

I'll be sitting around arts and crafts for a while, come on challengers from far and wide
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:53:41 am by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 08:04:56 am »

Dang. I can get an instant replay, but the uploaded replay button does not work.

That Charizard of mine is pretty awesome.
Although it should be noted that I was pretty worried when my first Pokemon fell in a single hit.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 08:06:49 am »

you will usualy have to wait a bit until the pop-up appears, the site has become rather laggy. patience, the button does work

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 08:26:43 am »

Well now I've closed the battle, so it won't.

Also, since it was on a laptop, it lost connection when I closed the laptop, so...yeah.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35