Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 39067 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2013, 12:48:38 pm »

good idea, moves of this nature shall be banned. Though I was hoping nobody would pull such lame tricks anyway

I'll continue to wait in arts and crafts, to get revenge for my earlier loss (god damn paralysis. If it had only happened once, I would have won. Chance of this happening was only 12.5%. ... :(....goomy isn't the weakest dragon)..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:55:20 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2013, 01:23:16 pm »

((Alright, with that example, I'll try an RP post.))

"Alright, here we go. Gonna pick a Pokemon."
The boy grabs a Pokeball at random, and opens it. Out comes a blue, worm-like creature.
"Dra!"
"Ooh, neat!" He picks the Dratini up.
"You're really neat, I'm glad I got you."
"Ni!"
"You should have a name...I'll think of one later. I wonder what you can do."

The battle came. Him versus some girl who acts like this whole thing belongs to her, was her idea. They sent their Pokemon at each other.
"Hah! You call that blob a dragon?"
The other kid grumbled.
"Cobalt! Thunder Wave!"
"Sam! Sludge Wave!"
"Cobalt! Shed your skin, use your firebreath!"
It didn't do much against the blob of draconic ooze.
"Use your dragony breath!"
Cobalt unleashed gouts of dragonic energy on the paralyzed Goomy, finishing off Sam Slime.
"Yeah!"
"How'd he know Dragon Breath so early?"
"Must've had good parents, I guess."
"Damn paralysis..."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:45:53 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2013, 01:27:41 pm »

((not a boy. Also yeah, rub it in, goomy is an orphan. No parents to leave him with any egg moves. how insensitive can you be?))

edit: or maybe it does, but the databank doesn't have any listed yet.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2013, 01:49:41 pm »

I would join, but my attempts at creating a Persona-themed team failed.

I'll just act as an assistant GM if needed and as a spectator.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2013, 01:53:36 pm »

"Okay Sammy, we got this. You may be the weakest dragon type, but hey, the opponent isn't a dragon. We got this, just, dunno, slime at him, that will do. I mean, dragons are only weak to dragon attacks, right?"

"Goo!"

Seconds later, Goomy proceeds to be hit by an icebeam.

"What?! And this...poliwag thing looks slimey too...nooo...sliming at him won't do...daaaaamn, Sammy, do something!"

Goomy tenses up, the green spots and/or eyes glowing with power and it produces... lightning?

"Wait, you're electric? Why does..nevermind, do it again!"

Spoiler: Goomy wrecks Poliwag (click to show/hide)

"Kickass Sam! Now I shall keep my promise, you will be fed today. Keep this up, and you won't have to starve."

---------------------------------

Akroma gains a point, Culise none

---------------------------------

Elf, feel free to join. Check the previous posts for what is going on right now, no need for any Persona themes. Join before it's too late, once the first round is over, well, it's closed game then.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2013, 01:54:52 pm »

I know. I did want to do a Persona themed team, and I don't even think I have time to do it considering my other games and commitments.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2013, 01:59:21 pm »

that's a shame, but oh well

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2013, 02:11:51 pm »

Third to the dispenser was Shui Li, the token minority invited by the professor to avoid those nasty arguments with the League officials about silly things like "discrimination" and "racism".  The Pokeball she picked up opened, revealing a small, round tadpole.  "Well now, well now, who have we here?  Aren't you cute?"  It wriggled in her hands, causing a small cloud of rain to appear over the two of them.  "I think I'll call you Yu Shi, for the rain.  And..." she glanced up at the small cloud, "I'll have to fetch my umbrella before we depart."

The first bolt of lightning struck at Yu Shi, but the Poliwag struggled to its feet, unwilling to surrender, and it unleashed a second blast of ice at its opponent.  The second blast knocked it off its feet, though, and she hastily recalled it to its Pokeball.  "Don't worry, Yu Shi, we won't let defeat get us down."  She smiled as she returned it to the machine to be healed.  "Unlike some, I won't starve you or hurt you just because of a lost battle.  If you lose, it's because of my own weakness, too.  We both have to become stronger, together."

Spoiler: Kansa v. Culise (click to show/hide)

"My, my, but that was closer than I expected.  Still, that was most entertaining, I must say."  Shui Li smiled at her opponent.  "Definitely need an umbrella, though..." she murmured to herself, looking at Yu Shi as she continued to dance happily in the rain that was still pouring down in the lab.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:58:40 pm by Culise »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2013, 02:58:26 pm »

"Okay, this...thing has it's head on fire, blow slime bubbles at it!"

Goomy, the king of coverage, proceeded to start project: Extinguish. Sadly, that proved far less efficent than innitialy thought. And Litwick shooting grey balls of spookiness didn't help much either....

"Humpf, we need better motivation....until I can think of anything...SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE!"

"Goo?"

"YOU WAR FACE SAMMY, SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"Gooooooo!"

"PATHETHIC. I SAID SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE!"

"GOOOOOOO!"

-------------------------

Kansa gains a point, Akroma none, remaining at 1 point... :(

man, this was close. had shadow ball not lowered my special defence (only 20% chance), Goomy would have survived the hit, and would have proceeded to bubble Litwick to death next round. Somehow, luck is against me in this first round....First the Par activating twice, now special defence falling...
Oh well, sludge wave DID poison Litwick, so I guess I am not entirely luckless, but maaaan :(
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:14:59 pm by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2013, 03:27:09 pm »

((not a boy.))
((I'll fix that.))

((Also yeah, rub it in, goomy is an orphan. No parents to leave him with any egg moves. how insensitive can you be?))
((He has parents, they just didn't leave him anything.))

AkromaBay12: unless your thing is no dragon
((Polliwag? Isn't that pure Water-type?))

"Kickass Sam! Now I shall keep my promise, you will be fed today. Keep this up, and you won't have to starve."
((...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2013, 03:30:51 pm »

((...))

((he needed proper motivation! How else is he gonna get strong?))

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2013, 03:39:44 pm »

I'd really like to join. I know how the systems behind pokemon work and I've watched some replays/read a bit of competitive stuff, but I have basically no practice. I have a willingness to learn and a love for Gastrodon though, is that good enough? If so I'll be looking through 3 stage evos to pick out my mon.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2013, 03:47:12 pm »

well, while I always am supportive for my fellow Gastrodon friends, for this tournament, the favourites should be exclusive, soo...humm...Oh well, as the OP, I should be nice, so sure, you pick Gastrodon. I will change my choice to my second favourite, Whimsicott.

*sniff*...just...tread it well...*sniff*

once you have picked your 3-stage starter, follow the rules for the tournament as given in...some post earlier, just look around, and the steps given in the opening to find me in arts and crafts and shed some blood.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2013, 03:50:26 pm »

I can pick a second favorite, you'd claimed Gastrodon first. I'm quite fond of the Togepi line as well.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2013, 03:57:44 pm »

Togepi it is then!

((phew...I was already staring to expect the fate that Goodra would have to become a substitute seaslug...but...it...just wouldn't be the same..))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35