Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: River of Death: Game Thread.  (Read 25776 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: River of Death: Game Thread.
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2013, 07:49:57 am »

Try to set up my hammock in the tree after fishing.

Later request help setting up my hammock in the tree.

Also later - let Eli inspect the fish and if it is safe cook it (or rations if not).

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2013, 07:56:13 am »

"I dunno kids..." Holdron slurred as he looked around for a suitable spot for his tent though he was highly tempted to simply sleep on the raft as it'd be somewhat safe without all the hassle "I don't trust anything that grows around here unless I can iden'ify it meself."

Eat one of my rations, finish off a bottle of wine, try to set up tent. Failing that just sleep on the boat. Remove armor before doing so.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2013, 08:05:06 am »

Action: Eli inspects the fish for edibility when he has a chance, and maybe cook it later-otherwise, do my hunting/scavenging roll if I have not already got it's benefits, and prepare as much food and clean water as I can for the group-make sure Steffan and Myself are fed at least, with the group going to find the lost expedition getting more priority. Use Aid actions with survival if possible to keep people from failing to raise tents, drowning in quicksand traps, getting tangled in hammocks, or falling into maneating plants.

I'll sleep in the shelter to regain my HP tonight, split between lookout duty.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2013, 08:31:42 am »

Ashii looked at the river water, thick and brown with life. It was nothing like the pure snow of the icelands. Such water often carried sickness within, both fatal and not. Unwilling to speak up to make an announcement, she walked over to the Paladin.
"Lady, I can make pure water for at least half of our number. It would save the risk of sickness from the water here."

Quietly, she waited for a reply, setting up her bedroll by the tree.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:49:34 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2013, 09:21:39 am »

Bethany's stern scowl breaks into a smile at the druid's suggestion. As a Paladin she had divine protection from illness, but magic was fun to watch and she was sure the others could use fresh water. "That would be most helpful Ashii. I keep a small pot in my pack on the boat you can hold some of that water in, if you would like me to dig it out for you."

"Indeed. It will make a most suitable camping spot for now, and the rest of us can set up tents and shelter as needed." Rohan replies, rubbing his hands.

"I have a standard tent on my person, as it happens, and I can share it with another person if need be. Some help putting it up would be appreciated though."

Set up my tent near the tree camp. Let the others decide who get's to share it with me, and if they can't decide, then offer to share it with the priestess.

The paladin approaches the cleric. "I will help you set up your tent. I'd rather not share a tent with a man for fear of scandal, but would you be so kind as to let me change in there to protect my modesty?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2013, 10:19:59 am »

Quietly, Ashii went around the camp and notified all that she would create pure water,as much as she could, for those who brought to her containers.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2013, 12:12:38 pm »

Quietly and gratefully, Steffan will bring his empty waterskin to be filled.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2013, 12:28:14 pm »

Vray sets up her Elven Tree Tent + Bedroll. She also takes Ashii up on that offer, using her mess kit as improvised water containers.
"A useful ability to have here, Ashii-karn. My thanks. To be without clean water is... not something I am accustomed to."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2013, 12:59:05 pm »

Morazin climbs up the tree to a convenient branch, and sets up his bedroll. "This should be a nice spot for me, and keeps me out of the way of you guys!"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2013, 01:56:48 pm »

Ashura silently cursed as she realised she hadn't brought a tent on this journey, it looked like she would have to sleep underneath the stars tonight. It wasn't too bad she supposed, she had slept in worse conditions before.

Ashura lay down her bedroll underneath the tree and then went thankfully to see Ashii about water
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2013, 03:12:53 pm »

Sleeping in a tree!  How strange.  The earth is our home.  Kalnaf quietly thought to himself.  He brings out his iron pot and fills it from the river, before wandering over to Ashii-Karn.  "Can you make this water clean?  I wish to wash.  I think a fire would do."

If successful, "sponge bath" using his cloak, and then clean the cloak afterwards.  Consume a trail ration either way.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 12, 2013, 03:22:51 pm »

Eli passes by Kalnaf and Ashii.

"It doesn't work like that mate. Druids draw clean water from what you'll see as thin air-it's up to anyone's interpretation as to where it really comes from, but it's fresh and clean like the spring rain. Just bring her an empty and clean container. You might want to boil that one out...Gods only know what you dredged up."

Then he turns to Ashii herself.

"And thank you, Ashii-Karn, for the water. I'm going to be looking for a spot of fresh water myself soon-they'll all need to drink when you are gone-and this makes it a bit easier on me. If you can put a gallon in the cookpot in the center of camp for me and bring it to a boil, we might just have stew tonight. Assuming I can catch anything." He says with an easy smile.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 12, 2013, 03:48:49 pm »

Ashii nodded her acceptance to the ranger. She went to the centre of the camp and once everyone wanting water had gathered, cast create water to fill their containers, starting with the cook pot and moving on in order of who asked.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 12, 2013, 06:29:32 pm »

"And thank you, Ashii-Karn, for the water. I'm going to be looking for a spot of fresh water myself soon-they'll all need to drink when you are gone-and this makes it a bit easier on me. If you can put a gallon in the cookpot in the center of camp for me and bring it to a boil, we might just have stew tonight. Assuming I can catch anything." He says with an easy smile.

Bethany overhears the ranger and chimes in. "Do you mind if I tag along? My horse refuses to touch the river water, and I don't blame her..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 12, 2013, 06:37:12 pm »

Bethany overhears the ranger and chimes in. "Do you mind if I tag along? My horse refuses to touch the river water, and I don't blame her..."
"Of course, Lady. Bring a pot to the central fire and I shall create as much as possible."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22