Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: River of Death: Game Thread.  (Read 25820 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: River of Death: Game Thread.
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2013, 10:35:34 am »

Watching Maru leap from the boat Holdron gave a dry chuckle "Well I heard that the jungle does crazy things to people. Didn't think it happened that fast. Well there's no use dying of old age. Let's go help her. Right?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2013, 10:48:12 am »

Eli turned to Holdron.

"Uh, I'd rather not leave us all sitting in the water, while we chase a crazy woman into the jungle. And have you forgotten the arrows whizzing over our heads?"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:38:35 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2013, 10:59:36 am »

"She's part of the party kid. If we abandon people as soon as they come about what does that say of us? Besides, they're monkeys. If we see more than these we'll just cut and run. Might as well try to save 'em."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2013, 11:04:22 am »

"How could I forget... Still got the scar on my backside, apparently. If I recall, you may have reminded me once or twice before. Terrible waste of a beautifully fitted brand new pair of trousers, too... Still, these chaps look much friendlier, and haven't spat once, yet. If you don't try you won't get, eh?"

Steffan scribbled furiously trying to sketch one of the hostile wonders.

"Oh goodness... what is she... he... er... doing?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2013, 11:13:39 am »

"At least it was your rear that got holed, and not your head." He respond to Steffan, with a dry laugh.

"She's part of the party kid. If we abandon people as soon as they come about what does that say of us? Besides, they're monkeys. If we see more than these we'll just cut and run. Might as well try to save 'em."

"Technically she abandoned us. But I've only got one pair of oars, after all. If the majority of people on this boat want to stop, we will. What do you say Steffan? Have I grown coldhearted and merciless?" He asked his old friend, somewhat ironically. Eli had made many decisions like this-survival that required difficult actions...perhaps he had become hardened, he thought to himself. Was that so bad?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2013, 11:22:36 am »

"I don't know, Eli... On the one hand, she's part of our team. On the other, we've only just bloody met her, and I've not seen such eejitry for... for days. We don't owe her anything, given her wanton dashing off over the flesh-eating-fish-filled wasteland into a jungle filled with hostile tiny gibbons. Armed hostile tiny gibbons, at that. As I was saying, we've only just met her: for all we know - and bear in mind that she's apparently an overly intelligent, and tiny, animal as well, she could be trying to lure us in so that some overly intelligent bloody elephant jumps out and devours the lot of us. How do we know she's not one of them, eh? Bloody gibbons."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2013, 11:36:26 am »

"To be fair, we've only seen one Elephant and it only ate four people-that incident might have been a fluke.

...Well, that's one for and one against, one undecided. What say you Vray, Kalnaf? Since, if we're contemplating stopping we've certainly time to vote."

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:39:03 am by Dwarmin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2013, 11:43:11 am »

"Very well stop the boat and I'll go after her myself you damned ale-drinking cowards. I do not leave men behind! Not anymore."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2013, 11:45:20 am »

"Forgive my sophistry, but she's a cat, good paladin..."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:50:07 am by lawastooshort »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2013, 11:58:47 am »

"Aye, and you're a damned coward who would leave an ally to possibly die! She is part of this party, I will save Milistri or die damn it!" With a shake of his head Holdron stated "Maru I mean."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2013, 12:09:06 pm »

"An ally or an eejit? The two are not mutually exclusive, as we can see..."

Steffan was rather enjoying himself, as frustrating as this unprofessionalism was, and let the insult slide, although he couldn't help but chalk it up on his mental list of insults taken.

"If all this upsets you so, then well, let us heave to, close with the shore, and give the tiny monkeymen a better target to distract themselves with whilst yon cat goes sniffing about in the undergrowth."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2013, 01:20:00 pm »

Noticing some sounds of confusion coming from the river, Maru remerges from the forest about five seconds after she entered it.  She trots over to the half-giant and says "Ogre-ar, I'm just going to have a peek.  Be right back."

Maru then goes into the jungle no farther then fifty feat or until she see any of the animals.

Actually given that a ride to the shore isn't forthcoming, Maru grumbles to herself and hides in the canoe.  "Don't blame me when your brain is a pincushion."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:23:33 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2013, 07:53:59 pm »

Init:
Morazin  21 - Shoot Lightning
Steffan  18 - Draw Picture Of Monkey
Maru     18 - Go on land!
Kalnaf   18 - Toughness Aura/Shoot Arrow
Monkey C 16 - Monkey BusinessDead before acting.
Orgarr   16 - Spear a Monkey
Ashura   14 - Shoot Bolts
Eli      14 - Shoot Arrows
Bethany  13 - Total Defence
Monkey F 10 - Monkey Business
Monkey E  9 - Monkey BusinessDead before acting.
Monkey A  7 - Monkey Business
Rohan     6 - Total Defence
Monkey D  5 - Monkey BusinessDead before acting.
Monkey B  4 - Monkey Business
Vray      4 - Talk to Monkey SUCCESSFULLY
Ashii     4 - Attack if anyone gets hit.
Holdron   2 - Total Defence

Arrows continue to fly, but all to no avail. (Anyone with a BaB of 4+ can tell that the monkeys are not proficient with their bows, and anyone with ranks in appraise or craft (woodwork) can tell that their arrows are exceedingly crude.)

In the rear boat, Rohan and Lady Bethany both attempt to protect the other from attack, in a surprising display of chivalry. Ashura loads her crossbow fires a bolt from a crossbow (1d20+4=23, 1d20+4=5 does not confirm crit, 1d10=8, Monkey A is hit and wounded) while Morazin's lightning bolt fries another (2d6=15; reflex save failed; monkey C falls from tree and is dead). The Druid Ashii-Karn attempts to communicate with the beasts, but they seem incapable of understanding her.

The half-giant steers the canoe toward shore and drives a spear through his foe (he barely reaches one; 1d20+7=26; 3d6+8=23; monkey E is now impaled on spear and dead) while Maru leaps from the vessel, bouncing off the spear and onto the land, followed soon after by his familiar. The apes gesture, but soon lose track of Maru in the brush below.

The response is more mixed in the first canoe: The trio of bards begin shouting at once, trying to calm the monkeys or each other, or perhaps simply to make witty remarks. Steffan the bard attempts to draw one (to little success; 1d20+3=5) while Holdron makes a flying leap to shore after Maru. Eli and Kalnaf meanwhile fire an arrow each (Eli: 1d20+7=17, 1d8+3=11, Monkey D is shot and killed; Kalnaf: 1d20+5=14, 1d6=1; Monkey F merely wounded).

Vray repeatedly attempts to communicate with the beasts, first trying Sylvan, then Common, then Elven, then growing desperate and attempting Aquan to no avail. Only undercommon seems to spark any response: One of the attackers (monkey B) replies in halting undercommon "You are not (untranslatable). You speak with tongue of Great Ones. Can not be! Is trick!" The ape gestures with a finger at the first canoe and releases a gout of flame (Steffan, Vray and Kalnaf all make their reflex save and take 1 fire damage. Eli fails and takes 3. Canoe 1 is now on fire.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:15:51 pm by Grek »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2013, 08:05:15 pm »

Her numb soul suddenly filled with rage. Whirling her sling, she launched steel bullets towards the monkey that cast the spell.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2013, 08:12:39 pm »

"SHIT, THEY CAN CAST SPELLS?!" Morazin steers the canoe closer to the group of monkeys and lets loose a cone-shaped flame breath, trying to catch as many monkeys as possible in the blaze. As well, he activates his Draconic Aura of Acid Resist as a swift action to protect everyone in the canoe from any possible acid spells(+5 acid resist within 30 ft)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:03:31 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22