Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: River of Death: Game Thread.  (Read 25792 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: River of Death: Game Thread.
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2013, 07:44:36 pm »

"Hey Holdron!" Bethany calls to shore. "It will likely be awhile before we see town again. Are you sure you want to drag a bunch of rotting carcasses with us? And would you be so kind to pass that pouch of spell components they have over to our boat? I'm sure the spellcasters here would like to take a look at it."

Bethany notices the Druid grab her head and slump over with a groan. A glance of concern flashes across the Paladin's face. "Whats the matter Ashii? Are you hit?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2013, 08:06:44 pm »

"Not at all. Once we throw the bastards into the piss water the bard brought we should be just fine. As for the spell stuff I have no use of it. I haven't been a wizard for many years."

Give pouch of whatever to some spell-caster or another.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2013, 08:42:37 pm »

Orgarr kneels down to talk to Maru.

"YOU KAY, KITTY?"

He proffers the monkeykabobs.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2013, 10:48:16 pm »

Rohan sighs and bows his head in thanks.

"Praise Annam that no one was seriously hurt. We should move on quickly, before more come to investigate."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2013, 12:26:49 am »

Orgarr kneels down to talk to Maru.

"YOU KAY, KITTY?"

He proffers the monkeykabobs.

Maru facepaws.  For one thing, Orgarr is kneeling in front of the wrong cat.  For another thing, his well intentioned efforts were less than helpful with her goal of taking one of these creatures alive.  "Marini and I are quite well, Organarrrr.  Unfortunately, it seems that our chances of getting to the bottom of this are now expired and on your stick there."

Rohan sighs and bows his head in thanks.

"Praise Annam that no one was seriously hurt. We should move on quickly, before more come to investigate."

Maru swishes her tail in annoyance at this sentiment but says nothing.  These big creatures were so intent on rushing forward heedlessly.  Well except for this Orgarr creature.

"You did splendidly Orgarr.  Remind me to stick with you."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2013, 12:41:46 am »

Edit: Nevermind.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2013, 03:13:06 am »

Eli hopped on shore with the rest-looking for a suitable corpse Steffan would want to study.

He was also interested in studying their weaponry-crude as it was. Of a third interest was recovering ammunition, not precisely because he was running low but because...

"I'd not leave anything behind, fellows. The last thing we need to do is give intelligent monkies fine craftsmanship to pore over."

He knew given time, they would no doubt improved their techniques. And he had no doubt monkeys were good scavengers.

Action: Using my skill in woodcraft, more closely inspect the crude bows and arrows the monkies were using-also, collect any expended ammunition by our party or collect/destroy any trace of useful crafts the monkeys could scavenge.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2013, 05:22:39 am »

[/glow]

AShii heard the paladin's words echo in a corner of her mind. She gripped her head tighter as if trying to squeeze out the emotions like pus from a cyst. Slowly she began to claw her way out of it, forcing her emotions back into stillness.

"Fine." she gasped, shaking her head. "Not hit. Fine. I'm fine."

Slowly she unfolded and looked out across the river, away from the others. She did not meet the paladin's gaze.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2013, 06:35:13 am »

A sigh of relief escaped Ashura as she saw the monkey drop, her mind calming as the promise of fire disappeared. She would not have to face the flames again, she was safe.

She looked around hoping that none of them had noticed her moment of fear, it would not be good to show weakness in front of these people. Luckily however it seemed that no one had seen, she was safe on that account as well. She put away her crossbow and turned to the shore fixing her gaze on Holdron

"If you have no use of the pouch you could give it to me, I might be able to find out what it is"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2013, 08:32:11 am »

Just when Steffan was beginning to think he might be able to get along with the vulgar old man.

”The ale is back in town, Holdron, though I can spare you a waterskin if you want to make your own pisswater?”

He stepped on shore and searched about for a tiny monkey corpse, irritated, and turned to the rest of the party.

”I’ll give you all the split difference of what we’d sell these tiny monkeys for if I can keep one myself for examination.”

Aid Eli’s search. Don't stray too far from the boat.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2013, 09:18:15 am »

"Hm... I though you'd taken it with us. I suppose maybe leaving these things behind for now would be for the best." Holdron stated as he dropped the monkey corspse(s) he was carrying.

Drop any corpses I am carrying.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2013, 09:27:41 am »

"Hoho! I'm sure they're terribly reputable types," says Steffan, gesturing towards his raft, "But would you leave that pair alone on a raft with ten gallons of ale?"

He leaves a deliberate pause, looking at the priestess and the horse.

"The two orcs could probably drink for Abraxus too..."

Oh dear... he mumbles to himself, heading over to Eli.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:59:37 am by lawastooshort »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2013, 10:58:36 am »

[/glow]

AShii heard the paladin's words echo in a corner of her mind. She gripped her head tighter as if trying to squeeze out the emotions like pus from a cyst. Slowly she began to claw her way out of it, forcing her emotions back into stillness.

"Fine." she gasped, shaking her head. "Not hit. Fine. I'm fine."

Slowly she unfolded and looked out across the river, away from the others. She did not meet the paladin's gaze.

Bethany nods curtly, and expertly masks her concern behind the stoic trappings of her profession. It was clear the poor Druid was tormented by something, but Bethany knew that it would be foolish to expect her to open up to a complete stranger. She could however try and offer momentary relief by making her think of other things.

"Glad to hear it." She answers, following Ashii's gaze out to the river.

Bethany pauses for a moment before addressing the four others on her canoe with a question she knew the druid would be most qualified to answer. "So, you think we stand a chance at tracking that monkey? I mean, there is a tiny chance that they could have been responsible for the vanished explorers we are after..."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2013, 11:46:02 am »

Rohan scratched his chin thoughtfully before shrugging.

"I honestly have no idea if we could non-magically track it, since that's kind of not my thing and all...

Are they capable of taking the expedition out of commission? Well, in large enough numbers, of course they could. Especially since they can use magic, as we have seen. But even then, it would depend on if they had a LARGE amount of monkeys to throw at them, a small army would do it, and even then it depends on other things. We are quite far from where the expedition was last heard from, so unless they had a large territory or roam around the jungle, not to mention have a very good reason to go for the expedition as a threat... Then I would say no, they probably aren't responsible."

He shrugs again, looking at the jungle around the canoe a bit warily.

"But stranger things have happened, and these are strange times we live in..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2013, 12:13:24 pm »

Eli realizes he's close to getting roped into something, and approaches Bethany and Rohan.

"...Tracking is my specialty, but tailing a tiny monkey through the trees is perhaps even beyond my skill. I won't say it's impossible...nothing is...but, it's not likely I'll find a trail, nor be able to easily follow it as it moved above ground-unless it was wounded, grounded, and left a blood trail. Even then, it could take hours of searching....

That being said, every moment the trail goes colder. If you think it's worth the effort, I'll give it my best shot."
He says, looking at Bethany.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22