Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think of my proposed mechanic (see OP)?

Sounds awesome, go do
Needs more explanation before I can say much
Right idea, I'd tweak it though (and I'll either post or PM you to tell you how)
I'm ambivalent
I think that would be detrimental to the game

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming  (Read 12514 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Knighthood - Recruiting (2/3 Knights, 0/3 Squires)
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 11:09:59 am »

Name= Sir Thomas of Cobalt Keep
Gender= Male
Role= Landed/Wealthy Knight
Fighting specialty (if a knight) = Sword (+1 versus light armored)
Squire (if a knight) = Since my character looks like it's going on the waitlist, I'll wait on this one.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 12:05:22 pm »

Heh. Same expectation here. That's part of why I made a squire.

I have half a mind to stick Angelica into the waitlist and write up a knight, just to reduce the overcrowding of squires.
EDIT: Half-done, unless one of the knights wants Angelica as their squire.
I assume the counter at the top is counting the number of squires who have been chosen, not the number of apps?

Which reminds me, would the knights mind choosing some squires?
I was going to choose your, but choose to wait for more. Now there enough, I will now flip a coin between the two I like (Your and Pancaek)
So now GWG faces a choice. He can squire for Scapheap or stay a knight. I personally like him as a knight, since he's the only courtly knight thus far. However, it is his choice. Regardless, it is time for squires to be chosen. The OP has been updated to reflect submitted character sheets.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 01:07:08 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist Knight (click to show/hide)
If scapheap decides to choose Angelica, you might be going in right away.

I have half a mind to stick Angelica into the waitlist and write up a knight, just to reduce the overcrowding of squires.
I assume the counter at the top is counting the number of squires who have been chosen, not the number of apps?

I was going to choose your, but choose to wait for more. Now there enough, I will now flip a coin between the two I like (Your and Pancaek)
So now GWG faces a choice. He can squire for Scapheap or stay a knight. I personally like him as a knight, since he's the only courtly knight thus far. However, it is his choice. Regardless, it is time for squires to be chosen. The OP has been updated to reflect submitted character sheets.
If scapheap chooses Angelica as his squire, I will play Angelica. If he does not, I will play Carl.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 01:14:56 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist Knight (click to show/hide)
If scapheap decides to choose Angelica, you might be going in right away.

If scapheap chooses Angelica as his squire, I will play Angelica. If he does not, I will play Carl.
That's who he had initially chosen, so it looks like you are a squire. I'll update the OP.
My Area

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Knighthood - Recruiting (3/3 Knights, 0/3 Squires)
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 01:15:30 pm »

Yay! Now we just need the other two knights to select squires!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 01:36:19 pm »

Uh.
Hard to choose!
Er.
Gimme an hour or so.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 02:42:23 pm »

Well, this is a nice surprise. I'll take Matis as my Squire.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 02:47:04 pm »

In that case I'll take Renee Mercator.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 02:51:23 pm »

Three knights, three squires. Three cheers!
Sig

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 03:45:38 pm »

I'm updating the OP to reflect the choices. I think it's fantastic how the Arthurian knight chose an equipment squire, and both landed knights chose advisers, because those are very complimentary classes. Courtly/Religious is the other ideal pairing, though any squire will be useful to any knight, and in a variety of different ways. I will post the intro in about 8 hours. Wish I could post sooner, because I'm excited to see how this works out, but I really can't.

Also, a note to the squires, you will receive PM's from me with the information that you are aware of that your knight is not. You can then tell them what you know, but I'd prefer you did it in character, because that's much more fun for me to read. :) This will be very frequent for the advisers, particularly since landed knights have so much to keep track of, and will only happen for the equipment squire if related to a their thieving abilities, as far as I can foresee.
My Area

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 05:04:48 pm »

Acht. Missed out.

Well, will put in a squire for the waitlist for when knights have more need of 'em. :)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 05:06:20 pm »

Daww, no-one wants a zealot. Oh well, you'll all be wishing for divine intervention soon enough, for the dice is a fickle thing.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »

(I would rather knowledge over divine intervention anyday, divine intervention may be useful, but at least knowledge mover deserts you.)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 06:52:17 pm »

Daww, no-one wants a zealot. Oh well, you'll all be wishing for divine intervention soon enough, for the dice is a fickle thing.
You were wanted, but the coin landed heads.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 11:55:42 pm »

The Story of Sir Mordred Jerrine, Lord of Mirkshire

Sir Mordred stood on the second-floor room of his personal tower, looking out it's large window over his fief, Mirkshire. It was a dreary stretch of swamp, just recently settled and only very recently bestowed upon Sir Mordred. It's population was small, but where other knights had scorned the holding, Mordred had seen potential. Recruiting an adviser knowledgeable in herbalism, Angelica Carlsdaugher, he had set off to his isolate tract of land. The people had welcomed him coolly, thinking there was little he could do to improve their lives in the dank marsh. However, he immediately discovered a couple problems he could attempt to help with. He had learned that there was an illness of mysterious origins floating around the small population center, and also that a beast had been harassing his peasants. Either of these events could help earn their gratitude and trust, and more such events would certainly arise with time. His first course of action in approaching either of these issues though should be to seek the advice of Angelica, who was standing a polite distance behind him, waiting.

The Story of Sir Lionel Duncan, Lord of Rosewood

Sir Lionel Duncan looked out over his newly purchased fief from his substantial house, built into the base of the mountain, with a view over his territory. Looking out over the trees hiding the roofs of his subjects, he saw a forest which would one day be incredibly productive. The bright greens of the trees made him feel hopeful and proud of his new role. His territory sat at the base of a mountain range, a pass through which would open trade into a large area ripe for development. He had braved the journey along with his settlers with the assistance of his adviser, Matis, who had enough tracking experience to get them through the mountain. Still, the route they took was inhospitable, and not likely one anyone would care to repeat. The two tasks looming most prominently in Sir Lionel's vision were finding a food source for his poorly provisioned hamlet, and finding a mountain pass, which he had recently had a good lead on.

The Story of Sir Valthas Chackman, Wandering Knight

Sir Valthas was feeling rundown. He had little money, and no connections of note. But standing in front of the notice board in Wayford, with his squire Renee Mercator, he saw ways to improve both of those situations. There was a nearby village, Westwilde, which had a problem with a werewolf. There was also a tournament which would begin soon in Wayford. Success at either task could mean a drastic change in his fortunes, and failure at either would cost him little, so long as he escaped with his life.

My Area

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8