Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48623 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2014, 05:35:01 pm »

RC has threatened to start making sacrifices to the blood god if these posts don't come faster. He's got a machette man, and he's just crazy enough to use it!

((And I don't make idle threats. Gonna pm peeps, but if they still refrain from either posting or announcing that they quit the game, blood will flow.))

"This, this shall be our fortress, our bastion. Let's get started."

Examine it more closely. What would be needed to make it more secure?
After that, carefully climb to the top of the upper Volkswagen and look around.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2014, 03:36:53 am »

I doubt that's something we want to do unprepared but... we might learn something.
I should take you, and this, to the others. See if they have similar reactions. Then see what happens if we draw the real symbol.

Thomas glances at the tape on the door for a moment

Probably something we could learn in there too. Assuming we survive going in there...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2014, 07:37:29 am »

Welp. Looks like we'll be here for the foreseeable future.

Unload some of my shit that looks like it might help with fortifying the place. Has it been funky explored? If not, equip some weapons from my stash and go check out the areas we haven't gone to. Cautiously, of course. Step quietly and all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2014, 08:09:46 am »

Brian nodded; maybe meeting the others would shed some light on this.  But...

"Are you sure you want to go in there?  Whoever did it could still be there.  I mean, I have this, but..."

He lifted his jacket and showed the man the pistol.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2014, 01:49:16 pm »

Sam pulls out his phone and calls Thomas.

Me, the guy I found, and the guy we met with last night have arrived at the junkyard. Did you find anything?

And continues keeping a lookout.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2014, 02:02:06 pm »

I'm really, really not... it seems like an unnecessary risk at the moment. But then, completing the rune probably is as well. It just feels like a more controllable risk...

Thomas sighs briefly, considering the damage through the window.

Pick our battles, I think. Let's go for now, and work on this rune. Our fellow dreamers are setting up at the junkyard in town. I'll call ahead and let them know we're coming.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2014, 02:21:53 pm »

"Fair enough.  Where are you meeting up?  My name's Brian, by the way."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 14, 2014, 02:05:22 am »

Thomas. We're meeting at a junkyard in town. The others are probably already there. All dreamers, as I've been calling us. It's the only common link we can find... Well, that and not yet being completely insane, but we've yet to see if that will remain true.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 14, 2014, 09:43:42 am »

"Okay.  I'll follow you; lead the way."

Follow the man to this junkyard.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 14, 2014, 03:50:51 pm »

Head back to car, drive to the junkyard.

Text Rico

Quote from: To Rico
Heading to the Junkyard now. Library was ransacked by something, but there was another dreamer there. He's following me to the junkyard, will tell you more when we get there.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 15, 2014, 09:25:34 am »

Text Rico

Heading to the Junkyard now. Library was ransacked by something, but there was another dreamer there. He's following me to the junkyard, will tell you more when we get there.

Text back:

Sure, we're setting up camp at Volkswagen Tower right now. Gate should be open, but try not to let anyone else follow you here(aside from that dreamer, I mean).

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #491 on: August 15, 2014, 12:40:05 pm »

RC has threatened to start making sacrifices to the blood god if these posts don't come faster. He's got a machette man, and he's just crazy enough to use it!

((And I don't make idle threats. Gonna pm peeps, but if they still refrain from either posting or announcing that they quit the game, blood will flow.))

"This, this shall be our fortress, our bastion. Let's get started."

Examine it more closely. What would be needed to make it more secure?
After that, carefully climb to the top of the upper Volkswagen and look around.

Securing the Volkswagen would probably only require building up some walls of junk around it, for cover. Come to think of it, that brings up the question of what you're securing it from? Armed assault? Zombie horde? Something all together worse? Depending on what it is, that would greatly effect the way you handled things. If gun men attack, then it would be good to take that VW and surround it with makeshift walls of other cars or similar things, to give you insulation while still leaving some room to shoot back. Zombies, you'd really only have to find some way to cut off access from the ground and then stock pile food and heavy shit to drop on em. Hm.

As far as what you can see from up there, you have a good view of the front gate, the road leading up to it, and a heck of a lot of the junkyard around near it, a good mile or so of vision in most directions, even with this blasted red light that seems to make seeing very far difficult.

Welp. Looks like we'll be here for the foreseeable future.

Unload some of my shit that looks like it might help with fortifying the place. Has it been funky explored? If not, equip some weapons from my stash and go check out the areas we haven't gone to. Cautiously, of course. Step quietly and all.
The junkyard itself, at least the fenced in area, is huge. Much of it is just open field that has yet to be filled by junk, but it's miles long and at least a mile or two wide, if you remember correctly. Checking it's entire width and breadth is going to take an entire day or more.

Sam pulls out his phone and calls Thomas.

Me, the guy I found, and the guy we met with last night have arrived at the junkyard. Did you find anything?

And continues keeping a lookout.
Okie dokie.

Text Rico

"Okay.  I'll follow you; lead the way."

Follow the man to this junkyard.
Lets save time so Radio doesn't start killing the hostages. You're there. At the gate. You just drive there and nothing happens on the way. Completely ordinary except for the dead animals on the streets, wandering mobs and birds falling from the sky.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 15, 2014, 04:21:50 pm »

Just check the immediate surroundings then, enough to make sure nothing nasty's hiding near us.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 15, 2014, 05:30:04 pm »

From atop Volkswagen, use binoculars I bought earlier to check if I can see any other locations of interest near or on the junkyard.

Start by looking around for razor wire or something else that could be used to easily form a first barricade.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 19, 2014, 07:44:37 am »

Brian leans out the window and waves at Thomas.  "This the place?"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37