Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48643 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #435 on: June 18, 2014, 02:24:37 am »

Sure, keep it going, why not?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #436 on: June 22, 2014, 11:05:39 am »

Death! Sorry, a fireman tried to burn down the motel we were staying at. Very irritating. You happened to call while we were trying to sneak away.
Fine now, though me and Rico have split up. Did you know the army was in town? They seem to be patrolling the city and trying to help get a handle on whatever made the firemen turn pyro.

Chat-chat-chat, get in my car and make sure everything is functional and present.

Check in with Rico on the 2-way and see where he's gone (assuming he responds). Attempt to check the internet for news and other things while chatting.

(( So we now have everyone in contact except Toaster. And of course Toaster is the one of us that got another 'clue' :P ))
Your car is the same way you left it, there isn't so much as a scratch on the paint.

The internet is very odd. There's no real new information, no information at all really. News sites are nothing but strange jabbering noises or articles of repeating nonsense sentences. Video ads are the only things that seem to be comprehensible; the first one you see, waiting for a video to load, extols the benefits and moral correctness of self mutilation while a brunette model peels her own face off. The second advertises a box of nails as a diet food, and the third is nothing but several minutes of a narrator berating you while black and white video of people injuring themselves attempting to do house hold chores plays.

Try to get the door open. Use the crowbar I bought before.
You grab the crowbar from the truck and jam it into the crack between the door and the door frame. You wedge it in nice and deep before you start prying. The door frame cracks and splinters before you get the door itself free, so you move down, closer to the handle, and try again. This time it comes, taking much of the door frame with it and partially wrenching the lock mechanisms out of the door itself.

Check in with Rico on the 2-way and see where he's gone (assuming he responds). Attempt to check the internet for news and other things while chatting.

Pick up.
Your phone begins vibrating just as you finish breaking the door open. You pick up and start talking, even as you step into the booth and try to figure out how to open the main gate.

This had to mean something.  But what?  Brian looked at the smashed remnants of his computer, and knew that the Internet was probably no help.  He could go to a library, but would they even be open?  Unlikely.  He felt rather unwilling to leave his house.

But what, then?  Stay here and wait for death?  The next wave of fires- or whatever came next- could be far worse.

The library was an option, at least.  They would have computers.

Call the local library and see if they are open.  What time is it, anyway?
Your clock is acting odd. It's sort of oscillating between two times. However, you would say it's probably around 10 in the morning, maybe a bit earlier. 

You call the library, but no one picks up and eventually it just rolls over into the answering machine, which tells you the library hours and late fees and then hangs up. Hm.

I can tell you now, don't bother looking online - something's screwed it up, nothing comes up correctly. When you find out where the other guy is, call me back - I think we should group up. If anything, I probably have some supplies and expertise you guys might not, and vice-versa.

Sam hangs up, and keeps watch from the entrance of the alley for anything going on.
There are people moving down the street, some running, others walking backwards, watching the fire spread. they seem far too interested in the fire or escaping to notice you and your new friend crouched in the alley.

Was under the impression that I'd posted an action here; evidently I didn't. Sorry for the fuckup.

Patrick ... pulls out his cell phone and checks the battery level, I suppose.

You pull out your cell phone and check the battery. It shows a little full battery graphic.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 22, 2014, 12:44:00 pm »

((Kri, if you want to talk to Rico, you'll have to start the conversation. Unless it was just a 'get IC info' thing?))

Look around in the booth for anything interesting. Then try to open that gate.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 23, 2014, 01:35:13 pm »

Well, the fire's like to attract the crazies. Where're your friends meeting?

Find out from Samuel where friends are meeting and go there with him.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:29:56 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 23, 2014, 09:18:29 pm »

((Kri, if you want to talk to Rico, you'll have to start the conversation. Unless it was just a 'get IC info' thing?))

(( Yeah, it was just a 'get your location and check if the 2-way is working' sort of thing. I'll post some text anyway. :P ))

Got a call back from the other doctor. He found another one, the city is burning, and the national guard are here enforcing martial law.
He's planning to link up and pool our effort, since we don't seem to be going insane the same way others are. Where did you head off to?

Chat, chat, chat.

Investigate the internet further, starting with the ads and page source. Make backup copies and then use the nice shiny network tools.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #440 on: June 23, 2014, 09:31:42 pm »

Investigate the internet further, starting with the ads and page source. Make backup copies and then use the nice shiny network tools.
((When the apocalypse happens, most normal people panic and die, some commit suicide, some try to save their families, some survivalist try to make it through it in one piece with their carefully prepared plans and loads of guns, some crazy guys try to bring about the end more swiftly, some people try to gain power... Not Kriellya. Kriellya debugs the apocalypse and works on rescuing the internet.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 23, 2014, 10:54:36 pm »

(( Sounds like me :P ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 25, 2014, 07:41:43 pm »

(( Yeah, it was just a 'get your location and check if the 2-way is working' sort of thing. I'll post some text anyway. :P ))

Got a call back from the other doctor. He found another one, the city is burning, and the national guard are here enforcing martial law.
He's planning to link up and pool our effort, since we don't seem to be going insane the same way others are. Where did you head off to?

Chat, chat, chat.

"I'm at the junkyard, working my way in. Gonna lay low in here for a while, you're free to come over. It'll be an end-of-the-world party. Woohoo."
Rico said as he twirled his finger in a sarcastic manner.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2014, 12:32:05 pm »

Not Kriellya. Kriellya debugs the apocalypse and works on rescuing the internet.))

((Clearly this man has his priorities in order.))

Well, it's worth a try, right?  The house should remain standing.

Ensure the pistol (and all the spare ammo) is hidden in the provisions packed in the car, then drive to the library to check it out.  See if there is a computer available to see if he could research the symbol.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 14, 2014, 08:04:30 am »

((HELLO SIR CAN I INTEREST YOU IN THESE FINE BUMPERSTICKERS))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 14, 2014, 09:29:08 pm »

((Apologies all I've been unexpectedly camping for 4 days.
PYROOO
EDITING POST TO REFLECT LACK OF ANSWER))
Sig! Onol

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 15, 2014, 01:48:32 am »

PYROOO

((BECAUSE KRI'S NOT POSTED IN RESPONSE TO RADIO YET, AND MY POST WOULD RELY ON KRI CALLING ME WITH INFO FROM RADIO.

WHY ARE WE ALL SHOUTING?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 15, 2014, 03:06:51 am »

PYROOO

((BECAUSE KRI'S NOT POSTED IN RESPONSE TO RADIO YET, AND MY POST WOULD RELY ON KRI CALLING ME WITH INFO FROM RADIO.

WHY ARE WE ALL SHOUTING?))
I DON'T KNOW
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 15, 2014, 03:59:50 am »

(( MORE SHOUTING, RAAAAAAAAAAWRRRR

*ahem* ))

"I'm at the junkyard, working my way in. Gonna lay low in here for a while, you're free to come over. It'll be an end-of-the-world party. Woohoo."
Rico said as he twirled his finger in a sarcastic manner.

Great, I'll bring streamers...  I'll send the others your way.

Thomas hangs up and then redials his fellow doctor

Rico is setting up in the junkyard. Seems as good a place as any in the city, and with the national guard about I doubt leaving the city will be trivial.

(( HAPPY!‽!? :P ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 15, 2014, 06:23:25 am »

The junkyard‽ That's an odd place to try to ride out something like this, but hey - hopefully it's out of the way enough that we don't get insane people mobbing us. I'll meet you there, hopefully with this guy I'm with.

Sam turns to the other man.

I hope you have your tetanus shots. Want to ride along in my car? A motorcycle doesn't strike me as very appropriate transport around a quarantined and military-controlled city, though we could probably bring it along regardless.

Sam offers the man a ride, and tries to find a way to bring the man's bike along if it's accepted. Either way, he drives to the junkyard and looks around for the other two that he's met.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37