Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48732 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2014, 10:03:17 pm »

Yeah, I saw them before we had to bug out. I'd also hazard a guess that you probably don't know any more than I do. Except maybe which buildings are burning. Any patterns, or known cause?

After he hangs up with the police, Sam drives his car into a relatively nearby alley - the one the other guy who was smart enough to get his vehicle went down.

You all right? You tore outta there pretty quickly. Not to mention being the only other guy who thought to go for your vehicle.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:26:03 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 12, 2014, 04:33:40 pm »

"Nope nope nope nope!

Back up and drive away. Go for the scrapyard, try to avoid authorities and other people.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 12, 2014, 06:30:46 pm »

Guys with guns. Not feeling like gett- whoa, where are--!!

Get out and roll away from the car when Rico starts to back up.

Stand up and show the soldiers my hands. Casually ask them how their night has been going.

(( Jumpy little fellow, ain't ya :P ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 13, 2014, 01:21:50 am »

Stand up and show the soldiers my hands. Casually ask them how their night has been going.

((I'm not, but looking at what Rico has gone through, it seems line the logical thing for him to do. Y'know, roleplaying?))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 13, 2014, 02:28:15 am »

((I'm not, but looking at what Rico has gone through, it seems line the logical thing for him to do. Y'know, roleplaying?))
(( Yeah, I was talking from an RP perspective on the jumpy, it's a perfectly logical action. I'm not sure what *I'm* doing is precisely logical, but it seems reasonable enough XD  ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 13, 2014, 08:01:00 am »

Brian looked around.  It was quiet... for now.  He should probably be ready to go at a moment's notice, but the danger had passed for now.  If sleep would come, a bit more would be good.

Try to sleep a bit more to not be tired.  If sleep will not come, get breakfast and watch the news on TV.  Be ready to bug out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2014, 10:11:13 am »

Yeah, I saw them before we had to bug out. I'd also hazard a guess that you probably don't know any more than I do. Except maybe which buildings are burning. Any patterns, or known cause?

After he hangs up with the police, Sam drives his car into a relatively nearby alley - the one the other guy who was smart enough to get his vehicle went down.

You all right? You tore outta there pretty quickly. Not to mention being the only other guy who thought to go for your vehicle.
Before he answers, Pat scurries to the end of the alley and looks about for anyone possibly heading toward it.
Yeah, I'm alright. Sorry if I seem a bit paranoid, but ever since yesterday things kinda seem to be going to shit. Can't even sleep right anymore, so I wanna know if the police have turned like those doctors did yesterday. Course, if they have, it raises the question of why I haven't already either.
He looks up, having begun muttering to himself.
So yeah, I'm good. Pat Schwartz. You hurt?

Talking! Keep an eye out for people heading toward the alley.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2014, 02:09:04 pm »

You too, then? That makes... four people with similar experiences. So far.

I'm Samuel Richards. And yeah, I'm fine. You manage to get anything else out besides your bike?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2014, 02:11:42 pm »

Well, I have whatever's in this backpack. Various weapons, a bit of food, survival shit mostly. You?

Did I still have all my various shit strapped to the bike? I rather forget.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2014, 06:07:31 pm »

"Nope nope nope nope!

Back up and drive away. Go for the scrapyard, try to avoid authorities and other people.

Rico throws on the handbrake and jerks the car into a sideways skid down the road, tires squealing as they leave a burnt rubber track down the road. Just as the car is about to stop, he reaches over, opens the passenger side door, and then shoves Thomas out onto the street with his foot. Thomas lands all of maybe 20 feet from the three men and is left standing there, with a perplexed look on his face as Rico jumps on the gas and whips the car around, roaring off in the opposite direction. Thomas holds his hands over his head and smiles.

"So...how has your day been, gentlemen?""

They stare at him without saying a word.

In the mean time, Rico is speeding out toward the eastern city limits, out toward the junkyard and garbage dump. The Junkyard stretches for miles; it used to be an old airforce salvage yard, but has since been repurposed for general scrap and garbage. The outer fence is, for the most part, just an 8 foot chainlink affair, but nearer to the entrance it grows to 12, complete with barbed wire. The question seems to be: Park on the side of the road and hop the smaller fence, or park near the entrance and find some other way in?

Well, I have whatever's in this backpack. Various weapons, a bit of food, survival shit mostly. You?

Did I still have all my various shit strapped to the bike? I rather forget.
You do.

Before he answers, Pat scurries to the end of the alley and looks about for anyone possibly heading toward it.
Yeah, I'm alright. Sorry if I seem a bit paranoid, but ever since yesterday things kinda seem to be going to shit. Can't even sleep right anymore, so I wanna know if the police have turned like those doctors did yesterday. Course, if they have, it raises the question of why I haven't already either.
He looks up, having begun muttering to himself.
So yeah, I'm good. Pat Schwartz. You hurt?

Talking! Keep an eye out for people heading toward the alley.
You keep a keen eye out as the old man from your apartment building talks to you.

You drive your car over to the alley and park in front of it. You get out, double check you locked the doors, and then walk into the alley to have a nice conversation with another crazy person hiding behind a dumpster.

Brian looked around.  It was quiet... for now.  He should probably be ready to go at a moment's notice, but the danger had passed for now.  If sleep would come, a bit more would be good.

Try to sleep a bit more to not be tired.  If sleep will not come, get breakfast and watch the news on TV.  Be ready to bug out.
You walk back into the house, lock the door behind you and shuffle back to your bed. Sleep comes almost as soon as your head touches the pillow, but it is a restless sleep filled with strange images and phrases which seem to burn themselves into your brain. When you wake up, an hour or so later, the dreams echo in your head with a strange, deja vu feeling, nostalgia for things that haven't yet happened. A phrase is on your tongue, but you can't quite remember it. It feels important...you're forgetting something...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2014, 08:10:19 am »

Another sign... important.  But what was it?  And is my house about to burn down?

Make sure the neighborhood isn't on fire again.  Then focus on the dreams, and try to recall.  Is there a connection to the first dream?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 15, 2014, 08:58:21 am »

((Say wha? Why would Rico kick him out like that? That wasn't supposed to happen, Kri wanted to exit himself. Oh well, nothing to do about it now I guess :/

Go to entrance with car, ask if they'll let me in. Try to remember if there's a road out of town near here.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 15, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »

((Say wha? Why would Rico kick him out like that? That wasn't supposed to happen, Kri wanted to exit himself. Oh well, nothing to do about it now I guess :/

(( Yeah, works for me XD
I imagine it was just PW making that action *slightly* less dangerous for me by having you shove me out at a stop. ))

Right... you wanted us to stop?

Continue to look non-threatening while they respond

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 16, 2014, 01:11:38 am »

I imagine it was just PW making that action *slightly* less dangerous for me by having you shove me out at a stop. ))

((Sure, good point.

I wonder if it'll be nessesary pm the others agai...

Pm send))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 16, 2014, 01:20:32 am »

((Don't worry your horses, it's bad for their health. I was at work and then traveling home and eating everything.))

What was that you said about five other people? Five other people had the same dream I did? The one where that ... thing told me the end was nigh?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37