Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48757 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #375 on: April 29, 2014, 07:07:57 pm »

Sam hears the man come back around... only now he's shouting something about fire.

Time to go, then.

He takes his bug-out bag, makes one last quick sweep for anything important (keys, wallet, ID, etc.), and heads out - taking the shortest route to his car via stairs, avoiding any door that feels too warm to the touch.

((Sorry for being late, guys.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #376 on: April 30, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »

((I think I maaaay have rolled an overshot there  :P ))

Slam the door into the dude to prevent him from taking a swing again (like in this scene), then get driving! In reverse until there's some distance from the fireman, then drive outta there. Start going towards the asylum. Remember to close the car door, too.

"Took ya long enough," Rico complains, just as a fire ax embeds itself in the windshield. "And I see you couldn't even out run a man in 80 pounds of gear."

"If we make it out of this, you owe me a new windshield. Let's roll."
Hey, they're fast when they are mindless berserkers. Just drive...

Try and remember where my car is, direct Rico there once we've escaped the firemen

Rico kicks his door open, trying to hit the Fireman. The door its and staggers him slightly, but the net gain seems negligible since closing the door takes just about as long as it does for the fireman to right himself. Rico puts the SUV into reverse and slams on the gas. The heavy duty vehicle jumps several concrete dividers and then bounces out onto the road. Rico shifts into drive and speeds off away from the hotel.

"Hey, hey! My van is only like a block from here. Drop me at it." Thomas says, shaking Rico by the shoulder.

Well, that's about all that could be done.  But just in case it can't be stopped...

Did I ever unload those supplies from the car?  If so, start moving them to the garage near the car. 

If they're still in the garage, make sure I'm dressed and wearing everything I need in case I have to go, including the pistol.

((EDIT: Checked back, do have garage, do not see mention of unloading them.))

I don't honestly remember if you did, so we'll assume it's still all in the car, for your sake.

You run into the house and quickly get dressed, throwing on a jacket or two and grabbing your weapon and all the ammo you have for it. That done, you walk back out into the garage and nervously shift from one foot to the other as the fire spreads. You're sure you should be doing something...but you're not sure what  that something is.

((Really? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwhassaokayturn))

Are the people not moving? If so, keep yelling at them until they do, and then hurry back to my apartment quickly to get a few things - any survival equipment I have, knives, the baton, nonperishable food, backpack, etc. Nothing that'll take over a minute or two to retrieve.
Then proceed out the building using the stairs, because fuck technology.
If at any point during the gathering of stuff I sense fire getting close to me, take what I have and go.

Sam hears the man come back around... only now he's shouting something about fire.

Time to go, then.

He takes his bug-out bag, makes one last quick sweep for anything important (keys, wallet, ID, etc.), and heads out - taking the shortest route to his car via stairs, avoiding any door that feels too warm to the touch.

((Sorry for being late, guys.))
There's a fair deal of irony here because you're both doing basically the same thing, in the exact same area, but neither of you actually contacts the other. Sam gets out first, jogging down the stairs with his bugout bag and into the parking garage before Pat is even done packing. By the time Pat is done and gets down stairs, the fire has spread through several more rooms and separate fires have started all through the building from different locations. Tenants are streaming out of the building, but most are just hanging around on the sidewalk or road near by, shivering in the cold. Few have gotten the idea to head to the parking garage, so it's almost entirely deserted, save for Sam and Pat.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 30, 2014, 08:27:56 pm »

Hoy, you over there! You got your own way out of here?

Samuel hurries to his car, tossing his bag into the back seat and getting in, and drives out of the garage and to the street nearby the apartment block, careful not to hit anyone. Once out, he uses his cell phone to call 911, using the police line to report the fire as instructed by the broadcast.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 30, 2014, 10:53:40 pm »

I got a motorcycle. You calling 911? Careful, don't wait out in the open. I got a bad feeling about this.

Hop on my bike and get to a nearby alley or somewhere where I can see the apartment but not be easily seen. I wanna know if the police are insane yet or not.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 01, 2014, 01:19:04 am »

"Stop shaking me you idiot, I'm driving! Fine, we'll get your damn car.

Drive to his car. Think about good places to hide in this city, preferably abandoned places.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 01, 2014, 03:16:24 am »

Sorry. Adrenaline. Terrible thing. You got a plan for where you're headed next?

Talk :P

If nothing dangerous near my vehicle when we get there, get into it and switch on the radio, then call 911. Consider pressing the button for fire, but use meta knowledge think better of it and press police instead, to report both the fire and being attacked by a fireman.

If all 911 lines are busy, try the number I called yesterday that they asked medical professionals to call.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 01, 2014, 09:17:43 am »

"Away. Far. I'm going to find the most quiet and deserted place I can find and hide. Don't feel like stickin' round for more yahoos to come cave my skull in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 01, 2014, 10:46:46 am »

Brian sighed.  What could he do?  Wait it out and try to fight it, or get out now?

Maybe it was just latent sentiment, but he couldn't let go just yet.

Keep watching and fighting.  Grab a fire extinguisher to help- surely there is one on the house.

Have the garage door open and the car ready to go, if the fight cannot be won.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 01, 2014, 01:23:11 pm »

"Away. Far. I'm going to find the most quiet and deserted place I can find and hide. Don't feel like stickin' round for more yahoos to come cave my skull in.

Fair enough... Let me know if you find such a place. Cause I'm not sure it's going to be as easy to find as you would like.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 01, 2014, 02:31:57 pm »

5 posts within 24 hours.  Pigs are flying.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 01, 2014, 03:13:25 pm »

Indeed. And Pyro & Xan were first!

I think this means we all die next turn XD

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 01, 2014, 03:25:26 pm »

Of course, they're sensing the imminent doom coming, so they migrate to safer havens.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 08, 2014, 02:42:25 pm »

Of course, they're sensing the imminent doom coming, so they migrate to safer havens.

I think one may have trampled the GM...

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 09, 2014, 02:29:01 pm »

It does appear that way. We may need to go give him a poke over in ER XD

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2014, 05:16:28 pm »

It does appear that way. We may need to go give him a poke over in ER XD
Don't be afraid to slap me and tell me everyone is ready. I generally just give it a week because thats how long it usually takes.

"Stop shaking me you idiot, I'm driving! Fine, we'll get your damn car.

Drive to his car. Think about good places to hide in this city, preferably abandoned places.
You slow down a bit as you take a corner, at least a good block away from the hotel. Several buildings on the skyline are burning and a few scattered groups of people are running around, but the world seems fairly deserted so far. Most people are probably still asleep, unaware of the world that awaits them.  As you drive, you think of where to go next, someplace deserted, at least mostly so. Hmm. There's a scrapyard to the East which should be basically empty of people, save for a worker or two. The park to the north west might be pretty empty, but it doesn't have much in the way of places to hide or fortify. The industrial sector might be good, plenty of buildings and raw supplies, and much of the machinery is going to be automated, with the number of workers kept to a minimum. All else fails, there's a beach far to the south west with some caves near by. This time of year, it should be deserted.

You pull around the corner to where your questionably sane friend sad he parked his car and notice something. A group of three men wearing military uniforms and carrying rifles are walking down the center of the street, scanning the buildings and looking into the parked cars. They notice you and wave for you to stop.

Talk :P

If nothing dangerous near my vehicle when we get there, get into it and switch on the radio, then call 911. Consider pressing the button for fire, but use meta knowledge think better of it and press police instead, to report both the fire and being attacked by a fireman.

If all 911 lines are busy, try the number I called yesterday that they asked medical professionals to call.

Not a lot I can do here I'm afraid.

Brian sighed.  What could he do?  Wait it out and try to fight it, or get out now?

Maybe it was just latent sentiment, but he couldn't let go just yet.

Keep watching and fighting.  Grab a fire extinguisher to help- surely there is one on the house.

Have the garage door open and the car ready to go, if the fight cannot be won.

You sit on the curb and wait with your head in your hands and a fire extinguisher at your side. An hour passes. The home across from you burns to the ground, and one next to it lights up, but goes out halfway through burning out the second floor. People stand outside and wait, some drive off somewhere, others go back inside and occasionally poke their heads out. You're struck by how odd and strangely helpless they all act when disconnected from the norm. After another hour it seems the fires have, at least for now, subsided in your area. They still burn off in other sections of the suburbs, particularly out toward the west where you can't see anything but a wall of black smoke, but your little cul-de-sac seems safe for now.

I got a motorcycle. You calling 911? Careful, don't wait out in the open. I got a bad feeling about this.

Hop on my bike and get to a nearby alley or somewhere where I can see the apartment but not be easily seen. I wanna know if the police are insane yet or not.
Hoy, you over there! You got your own way out of here?

Samuel hurries to his car, tossing his bag into the back seat and getting in, and drives out of the garage and to the street nearby the apartment block, careful not to hit anyone. Once out, he uses his cell phone to call 911, using the police line to report the fire as instructed by the broadcast.
You guys are weirdly in sync despite not really being together.

Sam pulls out of the garage and drives out onto the street, slowly moving through the assembled people until he reaches a clear stretch of road and stops. Once there he dials the police and informs them of the fire.

"We've got your address down but I'll be frank with you. You shouldn't really expect anything. There are at least a dozen other fires within 5 blocks of you and more across the city. We've got so many calls that all we can do is tell people to get out of the building. If you haven't done that, get out of the building and move to a safe distance. We'll try and get someone over there as quick as we can, but assume you're on your own for now and don't do anything reckless."

Pat, in the mean time, revs his motorcycle until people get out of the way and then rides off a few hundred feet before pulling into an alley and parking behind a dumpster. The alley only has one entrance, and the dumpster provides good cover.  He feels like he'll be relatively safe here as long as he stays quiet and keeps his head down.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37