Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48751 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational then reality.
« Reply #360 on: April 15, 2014, 03:23:28 pm »

XAAAAN
PYROOOOOOO
Just gonna leave this here.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #361 on: April 15, 2014, 03:33:46 pm »

((Dammit I hallucinated posting a turn!))

Investigate smoke. If fire, raise alarm with police voice.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 17, 2014, 07:53:14 am »

((Me and Xan in the same building, aren't we?))

Having shouted the man who decided to run around banging on people's doors away, Samuel turns back to the window, watching what's going on outside, and then quickly prepares a duffel bag with the basic essentials, in case he has to leave: some clothes, some (nonperishable) food (and a nalgene-type bottle or two of water), whatever basic medical supplies he might have (stuff like ibuprofen, bandages, etc.), chargers and other such things, and all of his ammunition, save what's in the revolver and 2 or 3 reloads' worth, which he keeps on his person.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #363 on: April 20, 2014, 10:56:09 pm »

((Gee, thanks pyro  :P ))

Start running down those stairs, try to get to the car.

"Run for it! If one of us gets to our car we can run over that sucker.
(( Apparently, Pyro's clock is on DST for some reason. OH WELL! :P ))

BloodyphonewhyareyounotoffFUCK

RUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuun

Down the stairs and away from the building ASAP. Aim to get to my car.

Rico and Thomas jump up from their crouched position and run down the stairs. Rico makes it all of two steps before stepping on his own foot and tumbling forward, his arms flailing out in front of him as he falls. Then, halfway down, head on a collision course with the edge of a concrete stair, something overcomes him. He sticks the machete in his mouth, holding the blade between his teeth, and lands on his hands, using the momentum to push him forward from a handstand into to flying front flip. He flips down the entire length of the stairs, lands in a roll and pops up straight into a cartwheel that ends with him at the door to his SUV. He slams in the key without even looking and gets in. He then proceeds waggle his eyebrows at Thomas until the homeless man runs to the passenger side door and leaps in.

"Took ya long enough," Rico complains, just as a fire ax embeds itself in the windshield.  "And I see you couldn't even out run a man in 80 pounds of gear." 

The fireman pulls his ax free and moves toward the driver's side window, ready to swing again.

Fuck!

Brian isn't a firefighter, and there's no time to go hop on Google to figure out what to do here.  Where are the fire trucks?  Why'd the fire start anyway?

Didn't fires spread through sparks?

Get a hose and start hosing down the roof of own house.  Get everything possible soaking wet.

You run to your back yard, grab the garden hose and turn it on full before running back out to the front yard. You start spraying down everything you can: Your fence, your roof, your walls, the yard, even the nearest walls of your neighbor's houses and their lawns. Getting things really wet seems impossible though; the water just runs off your roof and walls, leaving them damp but not much else. DAMN YOU GUTTER SYSTEM! At least you manage to get your yard nice and soaked, to the point that it is a muddy mess. You doubt you could set fire to this yard with a blow torch, let alone a spark. Still...You can't help but worry. This much fire this close is frightening, to say the least.

((Dammit I hallucinated posting a turn!))

Investigate smoke. If fire, raise alarm with police voice.

You follow your nose, searching out the source of the smell. You need only turn the corner down to the next hall to find it. One of the far rooms in the hall is leaking smoke through the door frame and the door itself is painfully hot to the touch. You don't even bother to shout, you just run to the nearest fire alarm and pull it. The alarm wails down the hall and people lethargically poke their heads out from their doors, looking for the cause of the racket.

"EVERYONE, PLEASE MOVE IN AN ORDERLY FASHION TO THE FIRST FLOOR AND THEN OUTSIDE. USE THE STAIRS, DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR. THANK YOU."

((Me and Xan in the same building, aren't we?))

Having shouted the man who decided to run around banging on people's doors away, Samuel turns back to the window, watching what's going on outside, and then quickly prepares a duffel bag with the basic essentials, in case he has to leave: some clothes, some (nonperishable) food (and a nalgene-type bottle or two of water), whatever basic medical supplies he might have (stuff like ibuprofen, bandages, etc.), chargers and other such things, and all of his ammunition, save what's in the revolver and 2 or 3 reloads' worth, which he keeps on his person.

You quickly prepare a bug out bag using an old gym bag. You feel like you probably should have done this earlier, but it's better late then never. You pile the boxes of ammo into the bag last, so you can get to them if you need them, and dump some into your jacket pockets before hiding your weapon in it's holster under your jacket. You've got enough for maybe 3 days without resupplying, plus the basics of first aid and technology. It's no zombie survival RV fortress, but, should it come to surviving, you think You'll at least have a head start. You throw a good, sturdy, warm blanket over your shoulders like a poncho, and do one last check around the apartment before mentally declaring yourself ready to go.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 21, 2014, 04:28:32 am »

((I think I maaaay have rolled an overshot there  :P ))

Slam the door into the dude to prevent him from taking a swing again (like in this scene), then get driving! In reverse until there's some distance from the fireman, then drive outta there. Start going towards the asylum. Remember to close the car door, too.

"Took ya long enough," Rico complains, just as a fire ax embeds itself in the windshield. "And I see you couldn't even out run a man in 80 pounds of gear."

"If we make it out of this, you owe me a new windshield. Let's roll."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:36:52 am by Radio Controlled »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 21, 2014, 08:27:20 am »

Well, that's about all that could be done.  But just in case it can't be stopped...

Did I ever unload those supplies from the car?  If so, start moving them to the garage near the car. 

If they're still in the garage, make sure I'm dressed and wearing everything I need in case I have to go, including the pistol.

((EDIT: Checked back, do have garage, do not see mention of unloading them.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:31:26 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 22, 2014, 02:16:11 am »

Hey, they're fast when they are mindless berserkers. Just drive...

Try and remember where my car is, direct Rico there once we've escaped the firemen

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 22, 2014, 10:45:54 pm »

((Really? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwhassaokayturn))

Are the people not moving? If so, keep yelling at them until they do, and then hurry back to my apartment quickly to get a few things - any survival equipment I have, knives, the baton, nonperishable food, backpack, etc. Nothing that'll take over a minute or two to retrieve.
Then proceed out the building using the stairs, because fuck technology.
If at any point during the gathering of stuff I sense fire getting close to me, take what I have and go.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2014, 01:57:45 pm »

PYROOOOOO

This game could have ended weeks ago if we didn't have to wait every time :/

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2014, 07:32:55 pm »

PYROOOOOO

Still waiting on pyro I think.

This game is odd. It seems to give people amnesia. They forget it exists, or at least that they haven't posted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2014, 07:54:01 pm »

You might even say we've gotten...

Pyrowned.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2014, 10:21:03 am »

You might even say we've gotten...

Pyrowned.
Your house catches on fire, rocks fall and you die.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2014, 12:54:55 pm »

PYROOOOOO

Still waiting on pyro I think.

This game is odd. It seems to give people amnesia. They forget it exists, or at least that they haven't posted.

I send him a pm.

Have you considered moving this to the subforum? I know it isn't ER, but it would probably move along faster that way.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37