Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48841 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational then reality.
« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2014, 10:01:29 pm »

(( I put down 250 or something, didn't I XD ))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 02, 2014, 04:49:02 am »

Another dreamer successfully contacted!

Await the results of my rushed paperwork.

Assuming they don't result in my immediate arrest, head over to a Best-buy type store and find a laptop with cellular access, or find a cellular access card. Inquire about the price of an appropriate cellular plan and financing for the laptop.

(( May or may not tack on more stuff to this. I'm honestly not sure, we'll see how badly I fill out paperwork :P ))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:37:50 pm by Kriellya »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2014, 07:10:44 am »

Check if the stuff I bought is well-secured and semi-inconspicuous (it shouldn't be too apparent I'm making a run for it), then go to some other store/supermarket and buy food and water, make sure it's enough to survive 2-3 weeks at least. Then fill up a jerrycan or two with gas at the nearest station.

'Now what ya do Rico?' Where to run next? Will there even be any running?

I wonder how the kids are...

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2014, 07:52:23 pm »

DERM

PYRO

ETC.

Toaster is free of my turn seeking wrath, he's napping.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2014, 07:56:04 pm »

((I'm just stuck for what to do, really. I don't have many plans beyond becoming the inspirational speech-giving leader of the city once society breaks down, but I'm not sure what to do now.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2014, 07:59:37 pm »

((I'm just stuck for what to do, really. I don't have many plans beyond becoming the inspirational speech-giving leader of the city once society breaks down, but I'm not sure what to do now.))
If you really don't know what to do, you can just try to find a place to sleep. Right now you've got a buncha crap on a motorcycle and no real ties or obligations anywhere. You could go hold up in a hotel, or anything really. If you're really not sure what to do, just find some way to kill time. Things will change at the end of this day.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2014, 08:04:28 pm »

((Well yeah, but preperations need to be made!
I'm probably going to end up sheltering at the police station. The receptionist'll certainly let me.))
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2014, 08:35:52 pm »

((Well yeah, but preperations need to be made!
I'm probably going to end up sheltering at the police station. The receptionist'll certainly let me.))
With your speech rolls she'll probably let you do anything you want.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2014, 08:43:26 pm »

((...notgonneexploitthatinthewaythatmostoldermenwould))
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2014, 01:40:46 am »

What plus number does xan get, Is all his speech rolls a instant success or something?
Speaking of, the police station is pretty much the best shelter you can get without money excluding a supermarket, weapons, protection and all of that jazz.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2014, 02:37:31 pm »

Sam checks whether the range is 'bring your own ammo', if it is, he buys a box of soft-nose .357, gets an hour of range time, and starts target shooting.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2014, 04:31:24 pm »

What plus number does xan get, Is all his speech rolls a instant success or something?
Speaking of, the police station is pretty much the best shelter you can get without money excluding a supermarket, weapons, protection and all of that jazz.

(( His speech rolls are pretty damn good, but I think he's just riding off his last roll at this point. He's made this receptionist a thrall or something :P

And somehow I don't think he'll feel that way tomorrow, if the police are the next to go insane. Still wouldn't be the worst place to be, but it certainly doesn't look as good when you consider how badly things could go wrong there. ))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2014, 06:22:11 pm »

True, but then he could raid a supermarket for a billion can'o beans and water boxes and hide in one of the cells with the only key for a bit while shit sorts itself out, also a handgun and a radio, for convincing young survivors to a just cause.

Mostly his cause, but just nonetheless.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »

Another dreamer successfully contacted!

Await the results of my rushed paperwork.

Assuming they don't result in my immediate arrest, head over to a Best-buy type store and find a laptop with cellular access, or find a cellular access card. Inquire about the price of an appropriate cellular plan and financing for the laptop.

(( May or may not tack on more stuff to this. I'm honestly not sure, we'll see how badly I fill out paperwork :P ))

The man who was handling your paperwork returns a few minutes later and puts it back in front of you.

"I'm afraid you haven't filled out anything for the current living address. We can't approve your loan without a non-P.O. box address to contact you at."

He seems rather rough about this; as though he might see through your thin camouflage of upstanding citizenry.

Check if the stuff I bought is well-secured and semi-inconspicuous (it shouldn't be too apparent I'm making a run for it), then go to some other store/supermarket and buy food and water, make sure it's enough to survive 2-3 weeks at least. Then fill up a jerrycan or two with gas at the nearest station.

'Now what ya do Rico?' Where to run next? Will there even be any running?

I wonder how the kids are...

You drive to the supermarket and load up on non-perishable food and water. You'll be living on granola and beans but at least you won't starve. You pay for it all and push your heavily laden cart back out to the SUV. It takes some doing but you mange to fit everything into the back and throw a blanket over it. You can't hide that you have things, but at least this way they can't see what you have.

That done, you go fill a jerry can with gasoline from the gas station attached to the supermarket and stick it in the back with the rest.

You check your watch after everything is done. 5:15.

The sun has almost set at this point, and the world is growing much darker as the night rolls in. It's getting even colder too, enough to make you shiver as you stand next to your car, trying to figure out where to go next.

Sam checks whether the range is 'bring your own ammo', if it is, he buys a box of soft-nose .357, gets an hour of range time, and starts target shooting.
You buy yourself a box of soft-nose rounds and head into the practice range. You practice for an hour, carefully lining up shots and putting them down range into human shaped paper targets. First you practice on accuracy, then try to speed things up a bit, trying to put a nice triangle of shots into the center of mass as quickly as possible. You work the rust off, getting back into the practiced rhythm you had in the old days, and using up the whole box of rounds in the process. It feels good to know some of the training is still there, that  civilian life hasn't completely striped you of what you learned during your navy days.

"Still," you think as you lay your revolver down on the surface of the shooting stall, "Paper targets doing shoot back."

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2014, 06:04:42 am »

Ah, my apologies. I was in a bit of a rush, you know?

Put in my last residence. Consult the address on my driver's license if I can't remember it.

All goes well / if they refuse to give me moneys, head over to a Best-buy type store and find a laptop with cellular access, or find a cellular access card. Inquire about the price of an appropriate cellular plan and financing for the laptop.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37