Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48870 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational then reality.
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2013, 10:59:27 pm »

Forever War

((I see what you did there))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2013, 11:11:00 am »

Huh... another dreamer, perhaps. I wonder how many there are... I seem to be particularly good at running into them.
... I'll need another card.

Thomas sits down and quickly fills out the paperwork for 2500$, then grabs a business card and writes his cell# and 'The End is Near' on it.

As the other man finishes collecting his money, Thomas turns to him.

Looking like it's going to be a cold solstice this year. And a bit... medically challenged.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2013, 11:55:02 am »

'What the hell, why do I feel like I know that guy? Do I? Don't think so... Eh, whatever, probably my nerves getting to me.'

Huh... another dreamer, perhaps. I wonder how many there are... I seem to be particularly good at running into them.

Thomas sits down and quickly fills out the paperwork for 2500$, then grabs a business card and writes his cell# and 'The End is Near' on it.
Looking like it's going to be a cold solstice this year. And a bit... medically challenged.

Oh, and now he's talking nonsense to? That didn't even make sense! Well, two can play that game.
"Yeah, it does seem like it. I hate the cold, gives me arthritis. Especially in those medically challenged periods of the year.
Also, your dog is on fire."

Take money and the card from that Thomas. Then go buy that stuff from last post.

((Note: Rico has had a very bad day. This may or may not influence his behavior.  :P ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2013, 12:37:54 pm »

((Blurg. Post in about 10 hours.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2013, 06:23:17 pm »

(( Random hint, the solstice is, roughly speaking, the 21st. Though I am a big fan of nonsense. Winter is coming :P ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 23, 2013, 01:17:33 pm »

Brian sighed.  His head was hurting from what he had been doing, and the troubles of the day.

The first sighting had come to him in a dream.  Perhaps sleep would bring another?

Go to bed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 24, 2013, 06:04:10 pm »

(( Random hint, the solstice is, roughly speaking, the 21st. Though I am a big fan of nonsense. Winter is coming :P ))
((I know what the solstice is, but Rico has had too bad a day to really care at this point.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2013, 03:40:03 pm »

PYRO!
XAN!

Don't make me find you!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2013, 03:43:49 pm »

((I did it again nuuu))

I ain't a reporter and I'm not gonna tell anyone, no need to go with holding tongue protocol. There anyone still here? If you don't believe me one of the boys who've been here for longer could vouch for me.

Talk like a nonderp.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #219 on: January 01, 2014, 03:59:40 pm »

Gonna post today, since it's been forever. Pyro, if you're around, Get in here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #220 on: January 01, 2014, 07:51:59 pm »

Brian sighed.  His head was hurting from what he had been doing, and the troubles of the day.

The first sighting had come to him in a dream.  Perhaps sleep would bring another?

Go to bed.
You slip into bed. Sleep comes easily, for now at least.

TOASTER HAS ENDED HIS DAY!

You fill out the paperwork as best you can, but you're in a hurry and probably don't do the best job on it. As you hand it back to the employee helping you, you whip out a business card and scribble your number and the message "THE END IS NEAR" on it. You finish just as the man is standing up to walk away and turn, perhaps a bit too eagerly, to face him. The chair squeals painfully as metal legs scrape on the tile.

"Looking like it's going to be a cold Solstice this year. And a bit...medically Challenged."

'What the hell, why do I feel like I know that guy? Do I? Don't think so... Eh, whatever, probably my nerves getting to me.'

Oh, and now he's talking nonsense to? That didn't even make sense! Well, two can play that game.
"Yeah, it does seem like it. I hate the cold, gives me arthritis. Especially in those medically challenged periods of the year.
Also, your dog is on fire."

Take money and the card from that Thomas. Then go buy that stuff from last post.

((Note: Rico has had a very bad day. This may or may not influence his behavior.  :P ))

You take the card from the strange man, raising an eyebrow at the whole event before walking out, a nice new wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket.

You hop into your SUV and drive to the nearest sporting goods place you can find. You don't even bother to look at the name of it, you just march in with a purpose. You deposit 2000 into an ATM outside the shop and then, mental list ready, you speed around the store, stacking your cart high with survival gear and supplies. Checkout puts you back 1500 bucks, leaving you with 1500 left.

You jam your stuff into the car and check the time. 3:15 in the PM.

((I did it again nuuu))

I ain't a reporter and I'm not gonna tell anyone, no need to go with holding tongue protocol. There anyone still here? If you don't believe me one of the boys who've been here for longer could vouch for me.

Talk like a nonderp.
For some reason that seems to convince her so completely that she starts acting as though you were her supervisor, standing at attention and even saluting a few times, despite not being a soldier. Huh.

"Is there anyone in particular you need to talk to, Sir?" she asks, clearly trying to be helpful.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2014, 09:43:28 pm »

So, good rolls all around supposedly, I'm assuming xans roll was a crit success or something?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2014, 09:46:04 pm »

So, good rolls all around supposedly, I'm assuming xans roll was a crit success or something?
Yep. He also has a big freaking speech bonus.

Radio didn't really have any rolls (those happened last time) and Kri...well we'll see next time.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 01, 2014, 09:48:30 pm »

((Ehehehe dem speech bonuses.))
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 01, 2014, 09:52:56 pm »

This is like the opposite of ER, people are succeeding on speech rolls now.

Try again, but less molestery.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37