Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48785 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational then reality.
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2013, 07:47:59 pm »

((Nah, the two of us simply won't have met. In his timeline, I do not exist where he is at the moment.

Which will be very confusing if I head to The Pier around 6:40 PM and see him, even though he was there a good couple of turns ago, but in my timeline, that's where he is.))

Shots fired.

We should leave. The police will probably want this place evacuated, especially now that there've been shots fired.

Samuel takes the card that was left by the mad (and half-correct) man on the reception desk and attempts to leave the hospital and head home, stopping if asked to by an authority.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2013, 07:52:26 pm »

I frown and put my hand on my chin as I look at the extravagant mess that is my motorcycle.
Well, it'll get me out of the city, but I think I need something I can travel for more than a day or so in.

I really should've thought this out.

Take a minute or so to think my situation out some more. Do I know any rental car companies nearby? Where's a nearby gas station?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2013, 10:00:51 pm »

((Nah, the two of us simply won't have met. In his timeline, I do not exist where he is at the moment.

Which will be very confusing if I head to The Pier around 6:40 PM and see him, even though he was there a good couple of turns ago, but in my timeline, that's where he is.))

(( Well, it more depended on what you were doing. Now that we've narrowed the possibilities (you're out of here :P), it's much less possible that you would be a factor. But before, with (near) infinite possibilities... well, what if you had taken control of whatever is left of the hospital staff? If Toaster can talk anything out of the officer, your name would come up, at the very least as a 'doctor who doesn't seem to be affected', providing a point of contact.

But now that you're leaving, it's unlikely that the authorities would know anything of you, at least at this point in Toaster's timeline. ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »

((Temporal paradoxes are delicious.  See link in sig for details.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2013, 11:59:54 am »

((Sorry, I forgot posting, been busy. And ER took all my free computer time))

Comply with the nurse. Get my stuff, get dressed and washed and stuff. Try to grab something to eat too.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2013, 12:57:55 pm »

"Where did all the doctors go?  Were any unaffected?  Is it contagious?"
"We're not PR, I can't tell you anything. " the man says, seeming very tired," To be honest I don't really know anything more myself. The hospital is shut down, the doctors are nuts and we don't know why. If you really want to know more, just go home and watch tv. I'm sure you'll get more information from it then hanging around here."

(( And that, my dear Toaster, is the right question. To get PW to lead you right into a temporal paradox and cease existing :P
Seriously, great question, but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up making you suspended, since you're a ways downstream from Pyro, who's still at the hospital.))

Steep... but money spent now is supplies I'll have later. Not sure how true that will be in a week. Or even a day.

Let's see, what else... right, what I went to the hospital to try and get access to...

Assess whether my current pile of supplies would fit comfortably in the van, head over to the pharmacy section and take a look at what sort of first-aid kits and other medical supplies they have. Interested in a general first aid kit, some splinting material, and sterile scalpels. Throw a bottle of pain killers in the cart as well, get new total.

Remember how to buy more pre-paid time with this phone :P

(( SPEND ALL THE MONEY! ))
You think your current load of urban camping goods would fit well enough in your van, after a bit or reorganizing. You play mental tetris with the contents of your van as you head over to the pharmacy section of the store and start rummaging. Standard first aid kits are fairly cheap, as are things like splinting supplies, gauze and bandages, but Scalpels are nowhere to be seen. These supplies, minus scalpels, and plus some over the counter pain killers. would probably bring your total near to 400 bucks. As per the cellphone, thats 15 cents a minute.

Shots fired.

We should leave. The police will probably want this place evacuated, especially now that there've been shots fired.

Samuel takes the card that was left by the mad (and half-correct) man on the reception desk and attempts to leave the hospital and head home, stopping if asked to by an authority.
You pick the man's card up off the desk and quietly slip out the front door. You make your way around to the parking garage and calmly get in your car and leave. As you pull out, more police cars pull in. You proceed to drive home, very slowly and very carefully, taking a rather round about way that ends up taking you almost an hour for a 15 minute trip. When you finally do get home, you ride the elevator up to your apartment and sit down on the couch, trying to regain your composure. It is clear that bad things are happening; things that are hard to rationally explain. You don't, in particular, like it when things can't be easily explained in a calm, rational manner. It makes you nervous.

I frown and put my hand on my chin as I look at the extravagant mess that is my motorcycle.
Well, it'll get me out of the city, but I think I need something I can travel for more than a day or so in.

I really should've thought this out.

Take a minute or so to think my situation out some more. Do I know any rental car companies nearby? Where's a nearby gas station?

You know gas stations are prevalent enough that you don't have to worry about it, at least for the moment. There's one just down the street, and several others within a few minutes drive. As per rental cars, you're not entirely sure. You've never had to use one so you're not really sure. You could check the internet; seems like the most rational thing to do. Then again, this all assumes that driving out of town will make you somehow safer. If this is happening in other cities, then it's rather meaningless. Unless you plan on camping out in the middle of a field in the middle of winter somewhere out beyond the city limits.

((Sorry, I forgot posting, been busy. And ER took all my free computer time))

Comply with the nurse. Get my stuff, get dressed and washed and stuff. Try to grab something to eat too.

You follow the nurse, who shuffles you along through the nursing station, to the administration offices. She shoves a packet of papers in your face and has you initial this one and sign that one and put your social security number here and there, along with a vast array of other personal information you could have sworn they should have on file. Once you're done with all the paper work she, rather unceremoniously, leads you to the front door where your SUV is waiting.

"Your things are in a cardboard box in the car." she says, handing you the keys. "You can keep the uniform."

You try to protest to wanting to use the facilities one last time, for breakfast and a shower, but she closes the asylum's big tarnished brass doors in your face.

"Making friends wherever I go..." you mutter to yourself.

You sniffle in the cold, thirsty and a bit hungry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2013, 02:06:45 pm »

"Okay.  Thank you for your time."

Brian left.  It was clear that nothing more would be coming from this officer.  He could try sneaking in- hospitals always had lots of ways in- but he didn't feel like spending the night in jail.

Nothing left more than to go home.  He'd try to find some local news radio to listen to on the way home.

Listen to news radio on way home.  Was this happening just here or everywhere?  Internationally?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »

((So, it's... 8:30 AM for me? Could you start at least putting the time, if not a full inventory, for each character in an action response again, please?))

Just in time for the 9 o'clock news... and hopefully some explanation.

Samuel hangs up the lab coat, which he technically shouldn't have but he didn't have much choice in the matter, and watches the news intently, looking for any details. Anything that seems promising, he looks up online for more information.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:04:07 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2013, 05:17:04 am »

(( I second that, inventory isn't necessary (I don't know about the rest of us, but I've got my own recorded) but time is essential to this.))

Hm... a shame, but unsurprising... could probably get away with taking a flame and alcohol to a sharp multi-tool blade... Gods, I hope it isn't necessary...

Go add a multitool, a lighter, and a battery powered radio reciever, pay for my camping trip and load up my van. Make sure clothes are accessible and gather my warmest clothes in their own pile.

Reload the phone with an hour of time.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2013, 08:18:36 am »

Go over my stuff. Think about where I could go: any relatives or friends in the city? If nothing else, any other place I could get some food and water (homeless shelter, etc.)? Also, what did I leave with the asylum in terms of contact info? where will they come looking for me?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2013, 03:48:38 am »

"Okay.  Thank you for your time."

Brian left.  It was clear that nothing more would be coming from this officer.  He could try sneaking in- hospitals always had lots of ways in- but he didn't feel like spending the night in jail.

Nothing left more than to go home.  He'd try to find some local news radio to listen to on the way home.

Listen to news radio on way home.  Was this happening just here or everywhere?  Internationally?

You head back to your car and put the pie down on the seat next to you. You turn on the heat and listen to the radio as the car warms up. It takes a bit of scanning through the stations to find the news, and a bit more to find people talking about what you're interested in.  The radio commentators, some quiet voiced public access group, are talking about similar reports of hospital violence and medical professionals going, for lack of a better word, crazy. They have confirmed cases from several states and more are filtering in from across the world as the day goes on. The commentators and indeed anyone they talk to seem entirely unsure about how to handle this; the situation is so far beyond their experience and attempts at logical explanation that they are left simply muttering about how strange it is. There is an unmistakable undertone of fear mixed with their words.

You make it back home after a long drive through the already pitch black, moonless night. The stars seem very cold and distant tonight, just tiny, hard points of light hanging in the dark. You shiver as you look up at them, grabbing the pie from the car and bringing it inside. You stuff it in the fridge and Check the time. 7:45 pm.

((So, it's... 8:30 AM for me? Could you start at least putting the time, if not a full inventory, for each character in an action response again, please?))

Just in time for the 9 o'clock news... and hopefully some explanation.

Samuel hangs up the lab coat, which he technically shouldn't have but he didn't have much choice in the matter, and watches the news intently, looking for any details. Anything that seems promising, he looks up online for more information.
The national news is actually at 9:30 to 10:30 and then the Local is 10:30 to 11. So you have an hour to kill before it starts. Would you like to just sit around and wait till then or actually do something?

(( I second that, inventory isn't necessary (I don't know about the rest of us, but I've got my own recorded) but time is essential to this.))

Hm... a shame, but unsurprising... could probably get away with taking a flame and alcohol to a sharp multi-tool blade... Gods, I hope it isn't necessary...

Go add a multitool, a lighter, and a battery powered radio reciever, pay for my camping trip and load up my van. Make sure clothes are accessible and gather my warmest clothes in their own pile.

Reload the phone with an hour of time.

You add a multi-tool, lighter and battery powered radio to your cart and then head over to the checkout. As they ring you up, you grab one of the prepaid cards and throw it on the pile. You use your bank card to pay the 500 dollar bill and then wheel the overloaded cart out to your van. You load up the back, most of the space being taken up by carefully stacked and organized food and water. You can still sleep in the back, but it's a hell of a lot more cramped then before.

You make sure everything is carefully stowed away and organized before closing the van's doors. You spend the next several minutes putting more time on the phone. It's 8:15 am by the time you're done.

Go over my stuff. Think about where I could go: any relatives or friends in the city? If nothing else, any other place I could get some food and water (homeless shelter, etc.)? Also, what did I leave with the asylum in terms of contact info? where will they come looking for me?

Your stuff is rather barren. The SUV has a full tank of gas and is in good working order, but all thats in it is a cardboard box with your normal clothes, a t-shirt and pants, your machete and some pain killers. Your pants have your wallet in them, which has your bank card and license. Other then that and the maps in the glove compartment, it's empty.

You don't have any relatives in the city, at least none you know of that you could cop a squat with. You have an old friend or two, though you're not sure how well they'll take your sudden reappearance in their life. It's a bit of a surprise to have someone, no matter if you know them or not, come up and ask you if they can crash at their place because they just got out of the asylum. It was worth a try though. You knew where the homeless shelters were, just in case.

As per the info you left with the Asylum, you left them your old home address. They'd find it is noting but a vacant lot now, but it would keep them distracted for a while and give you the freedom to act. It's 12:05 pm.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2013, 01:27:12 pm »

Change into regular clothes. Drive to where that shelter is, be sure to park a few block away from it. Go check if there's any money at all on my account, then go to that shelter and see if there's any food or drink to be had.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2013, 08:08:59 am »

(( Things! Things? Things things. Things.

Shut up, it's the last week of the quarter. I can barely think for myself, let alone a doomed RPG version of myself. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2013, 12:07:47 pm »

I feel like I may need to start sending Player wide PM's everytime this thing updates, since it seems like this is sort of the game that time forgot.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2013, 12:24:33 pm »

((Nah, that's my fault since I keep on forgetting to do an action because I've no idea what to do. Sorry about that.))

((That said, I'll post after school, so say ~5-6 hours.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37