Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48626 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #465 on: July 30, 2014, 04:57:51 pm »

Well, can't say I've seen friendlier. Anyone else coming here or is that everyone?

Is there a gate? If so, get out the car after it stops and close the gate - lock it if I can. Better safe then sorry.

"I'm not sure, there still could be one guy or so coming along. But frankly my dear, I don't care enough to worry about it before I've found a safe place to hide."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 30, 2014, 06:11:46 pm »

Well, as a doctor, I take offense to being called crazy. But yeah, the firemen seem to be the ones starting the fires, and the national guard is in town 'keeping order'. Which right now, seems to mean 'trying to be firefighters'... oh, and the internet seems damaged. Or at least, it seemed very broken on my connection. Gave me a headache trying to look into it...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:05 pm »

Brian narrowed his eyes.  "Wait, you're a doctor?  How come you aren't going crazy like the rest?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 30, 2014, 09:43:47 pm »

I'm... not sure. I mean, I still feel sane. Hell, I tried to turn myself into the police when I heard what was going on... Doesn't seem to be something the crazy ones have been doing. Only difference we can figure is a dream. I met another doctor who's still sane, and its the only commonality... we both had a weird dream 2 nights ago.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 30, 2014, 09:52:03 pm »

Brian's blood ran cold.  The surprise was evident on his face.  "Dream... what kind of dream, exactly?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 30, 2014, 10:24:52 pm »

Thomas briefly got a serious look on his face A personal one about a... tragedy in my life. That ended with 'The End is Nigh'.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 30, 2014, 10:28:25 pm »

"I... had one too, same time you said.  And it ended with 'The End is Near.'  Figured I was just losing it, till all this crap started.  So... do you think it is?  The end... whatever that means."

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 30, 2014, 11:27:47 pm »

I don't know. It certainly looks like it will be the end of something... Even if it stops here... how many people died yesterday when their doctors stopped treatment... or started a different one. How many are going to die today as firemen light cities ablaze?

Thomas pauses to look back at the city, sky glowing orange.

... Even if it stops, its an end. We can only hope it won't be our end.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 31, 2014, 07:42:54 am »

Brian was silent for a moment.  He didn't know this person, but... was there a connection?  Should he show him the picture?  Probably.

He pulled it out and presented it.
  "Hey... could you look at this symbol?  Does it mean anything to you?  It might be related to all this."

Get out the picture and show it to him.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 31, 2014, 12:35:18 pm »

Look at the picture.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 11, 2014, 03:56:59 pm »

Yes, there's another guy. Said he was going to look around for more information first, or something like that. I'll keep an eye out at the gate for him.

Sam parks his car somewhat close to the gate, gets out and, stopping the new guy from closing it, goes to the gatehouse and keeps a lookout.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #476 on: August 11, 2014, 07:17:44 pm »

RC has threatened to start making sacrifices to the blood god if these posts don't come faster. He's got a machette man, and he's just crazy enough to use it!

Goddammit, I know that writing style, I just can't place it, that constant over-writing of analogies and quick wit.
Piecewise, I'm thinking you are a brain composed of famous writers now.
Thats one way to put it.

Try to find a good place to act as a 'base camp'. Preferably a bit out of sight, but with a good 'lookout point' nearby.
Over, maybe a quarter or half mile from the entrance gates is a particularly large and tall pile of cars, a veritable mountain of chrome plated americans dreams set out to rust. At the top of the pile, securely wedged between the rear ends of two station wagons is a VW Bus. It looks fairly intact and large enough to hold all of you, if not terribly comfortably. With some further barricading and shoring up it could be a more then adequate base of operations, or a guard tower at the very least.

Well, can't say I've seen friendlier. Anyone else coming here or is that everyone?

Is there a gate? If so, get out the car after it stops and close the gate - lock it if I can. Better safe then sorry.
Already done.

Brian was silent for a moment.  He didn't know this person, but... was there a connection?  Should he show him the picture?  Probably.

He pulled it out and presented it.
  "Hey... could you look at this symbol?  Does it mean anything to you?  It might be related to all this."

Get out the picture and show it to him.

Look at the picture.
You look at the picture. Something about the symbol hurts, you can feel it aching behind your eyes, like someone trying to rip your eyes into your skull by pulling the nerves from the inside. And whats worse, you know, you're not sure how, but you know he got it wrong. You know his lines aren't right in a few places, not as smooth as they could be, little details missing. You feel almost compelled to complete it, to fix what he messed up and then...and then what? You feel a sudden pins and needles feeling creep through your scalp.  You suddenly notice that the man is staring at you, wide eyed. You stare back.

"What are you looking a-"

"You were talking."

"What?"

"When you looked at it, you just started talking."

"What did I say?"

"I dunno, you were talking really fast. Something about descent from on high, the bleeding stars, and the god finger of the great darkness. It wasn't right, it was all jumbled up, just word salad most of the time. It might not mean anything."

"But it might."

"Yeah..."

Yes, there's another guy. Said he was going to look around for more information first, or something like that. I'll keep an eye out at the gate for him.

Sam parks his car somewhat close to the gate, gets out and, stopping the new guy from closing it, goes to the gatehouse and keeps a lookout.
The gate house is outside the gate (Poor design, that) with just a simple lever on the inside to open the door. You go stand by the lever while Rico goes scouting about for someplace to hole up. It's chilly and the red skies are growing a deeper crimson as the day drags on. You are immensely aware of the occasional thud of another dead bird falling to earth somewhere near by. It is the sort of thing that does not bode well.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 12, 2014, 08:11:21 am »

Brian shuddered a bit.  This was getting to be a bit much for him.  "You said there was another, right?  Think he might know something about this symbol?  It must be important."

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 12, 2014, 03:37:02 pm »

Thomas waits in silence for a while, staring at a spot above the image so as not to focus on it directly for a while.

Another doctor? ... Yeah. I wonder if you responded like that when you found this. I would have had no idea, seeing this alone.
It's weird, though... is this a copy? Because... I know it's wrong. That is, not drawn correctly. And I think I know how to fix it...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 12, 2014, 04:03:44 pm »

That just creeped Brian out more.  But the thought couldn't shake him...

"It came to me in a dream.  I tried to copy it down, but I might have messed it up a bit.  You can try to fix it, if you like."
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37