Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48836 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational then reality.
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2014, 02:01:34 pm »

We appear to be missing A pyro and a Xan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2014, 10:48:51 pm »

Yes we are.
3 hours to go.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2014, 12:25:51 pm »

Rap a knuckle lightly on the doorframe to get his attention.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2014, 09:51:01 pm »

((I've lost track completely of where we all are, temporally. Might help me figure out what to do.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2014, 05:52:31 am »

To the point, then. I felt like you had a dream, and with it a phrase. The one I wrote down on that card. I wanted to get in touch with you, establish a link, because I believe, especially after the events of today, that our phrase was more than just a nightmare gone wrong. The End is Near, in point of fact. My hope is to survive longer, if we work together.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2014, 05:56:33 am »

(( @Pyro: Ummm.... well, you're at the gun range apparently, at about 2-ish. Toaster is done for the day, Xan is in a police station showing off the perks of a retired officer (at ~5), and me and RC are chatting on the phone at ~5pm ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2014, 04:46:38 pm »

((I've lost track completely of where we all are, temporally. Might help me figure out what to do.))
Xans at the police station, Radio is in a parking garage, talking on the phone to Kri, who is at the library.

Time wise:

Toaster: Sleeping
You: 3pm
Radio and Kri: 5:30 Pm
Xan: 5 pm

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2014, 01:54:27 am »

To the point, then. I felt like you had a dream, and with it a phrase. The one I wrote down on that card. I wanted to get in touch with you, establish a link, because I believe, especially after the events of today, that our phrase was more than just a nightmare gone wrong. The End is Near, in point of fact. My hope is to survive longer, if we work together.

"Hmm. Let me think about this. I'll call you back."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2014, 01:35:55 am »

Posting to watch.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2014, 01:49:52 pm »

This is getting a post today, hell or high water.

Pyro, if you don't post I'm just gonna jump you ahead an hour. I'D LIKE TO GET TO PEOPLE BEING MURDERED OCCASIONALLY!

Nunzillor

« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2014, 04:30:57 pm »

Now that's what I like to hear!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »

Sam buys a spare box of softnose rounds and heads back to his apartment, checking if anything else has turned up. Whether or not anything else has, he goes over his apartment to make a list of everything of use.

((That latter bit so I can stop treating my apartment like a Schrodinger box quite as much - I don't expect every single item, but general catagories and a few major items would be nice to know. Also useful to timeskip to when Kri is so I can call.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #267 on: January 28, 2014, 12:34:03 am »

((Gonna wait to talk till Kri picks up his phone. If he wants to, of course.))

Make sure the car is locked and the stuff in it is reasonably secured. Then go to the motel, book for 1 night. Get a cheap room.

((I'm guessing this game will pick up the pace once the limbs start flying...

Until then though, let's enjoy the peace.))
It's colder now, the dark creeping in. The road is a tar black river sunk in the gray cliffs of darkened concrete towers, illuminated by twin rows of flickering orange streetlights. You walk down the street, talking on the phone as you do, shivering as dry, frigid winds hiss down neglected alleys and police sirens wail somewhere in the distance.  You finish your call by the time you reach the motel; A two story stucco monument to neglect, with peeling paint, brownish water stains, a smell of old cigarettes and the distinct feeling that everything is slightly dirty. A blinking red, neon sign on the main office reads "MO-El 9"

You walk into the office, a small off white room with a fake wooden desk and a fat clerk watching a television thats bolted up in one corner of the room. He doesn't say a word, he just points to a list of prices taped to the desk. You chose the cheapest and hand over the cash. He gives you a small, bronze colored key with a plastic tag reading 234.

Your room, as it turns out, is basically a single room with a ratty looking bed, a particle board bed-stand with a crappy lamp and an ancient looking television. There's a bathroom with a toilet and very tiny shower through a door in one corner of the room. It smells of cigarettes and one night stands, and the pattern on the bedspread, which looks like what would happen if someone vomited a rainbow and then smeared it across a sheet, hurts your eyes.

(( Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll pick up the pace significantly after a day or two :P ))

Hmm. Must be one of the dreamers. No idea who else would be calling... I wonder which one.

Thomas lets it ring for a bit and then picks it up.

Good evening. How's your day been? Not too much insanity, I hope?

Continue charging batteries and such while talking.

Double check that there is no activity on the local medical forums.
Check official channels (policy, fire, govt) to see if there is any request (discrete or otherwise) for functioning medical professionals to aid them or the hospitals

You let the batteries continue to charge while you talk to the man on the phone. As you speak with him, you idly surf the net, looking for requests from the local authorities about needing help. There's nothing on the hospital websites, or the local government ones, though both warn that anyone with medical training who is feeling abnormal to seek immediate help and to call the police.  The police and fire department run the same cautionary line, but they also ask for help from anyone who has medical training and feels "Mentally fit and up to the task of providing the best medical care you can during the hospital shutdown." They even post a number to call for volunteers.

Rap a knuckle lightly on the doorframe to get his attention.

You knock on the doorframe and he jumps a little, looking around in confusion. He catches sight of you a moment later and it takes a second or two for the recognition to click into place and for a frown to form between his jowls.

"Oh good." he grumbles, setting back to writing, "You come to shoot me because the aliens told you to? Because at this point I think I might welcome it."

Sam buys a spare box of softnose rounds and heads back to his apartment, checking if anything else has turned up. Whether or not anything else has, he goes over his apartment to make a list of everything of use.

((That latter bit so I can stop treating my apartment like a Schrodinger box quite as much - I don't expect every single item, but general catagories and a few major items would be nice to know. Also useful to timeskip to when Kri is so I can call.))

You buy yourself another box of rounds and then head back home. Once there, you start checking around for what you've got, listing it out for later use.

In general, you've got

2 couches
1 tv
1 kitchen table
4 chairs for that table
Enough food for about a week
cooking utensils like silverware, plates, pans, bowels, spatulas, etc.
Some books and dvds
A desktop computer
Clothing
lamps
vacuum cleaner and mop and broom
a few scattered tools, mostly for everyday things, nothing more then screw driver and wrench and such.
(Basically, you have normal, everyday stuff. If you could reasonably find it around a normal person's house, then you might have it.)

Ok, everyone is at 6pm, except Xan at 5pm and toaster at sleep.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 28, 2014, 12:16:46 pm »

Zzzzzz
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 29, 2014, 01:30:41 am »

There's what I was hoping for...

Call that number!

Hello? I saw your request for aid after today's events. I'm willing to offer my help. I'm a trained surgeon, who by course of life has also been out of the local medical scene for a while. I seem to be unaffected by whatever... ailment has taken the rest of the local community.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37