Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115759 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #660 on: November 01, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

Remuthra, how should I calculate the level of my Thrall if I'm looking at monsters as Thralls? Hit Dice + Level Advancement or just HD?

Also, I support Hobgoblins and Duergar for crew. Hobgoblins crew it during the day, Duergar during the night.
You don't get to choose your thralls, because they're just random creatures that are psychically compelled to come be your minions.
But you said I got to choose the first round, and then you would assign the rest.
No, that was those Believer things you have five of. After the game starts, though, you'll have to be approached by more of those.
Okay, I get that part. But I get a Thrall, which is like a Cohort. Do I get to choose that?
Nope. The believers are chosen followers who are trained to serve you, but the thralls are just random whatever happened to be around. Thus, you have some control over your believers' skillsets, but you get an infinite supply of thralls that you don't have to go searching for.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 01, 2013, 06:32:16 pm »

Benefits of the leadership feat folks: You can choose the skills of the cohort :P

Anyway, anyone on team evil, please restate your ship fund contributions, I'll put it in a text file and PM Remuthra the link so he can edit it into the OP so we don't keep scrabling around to find all that money.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 01, 2013, 08:22:05 pm »

I'd like to join, but don't know 3.5e. Can I get some help? I'd like to play a straight up in your face type character.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 01, 2013, 08:24:16 pm »

I'd like to join, but don't know 3.5e. Can I get some help? I'd like to play a straight up in your face type character.
Go for a monk. They're pretty much as in your face as you can get.

There's two teams, by the way, so you'll need to decide which to apply to.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 01, 2013, 08:34:16 pm »

I'm chipping in 4871.2 gold.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 01, 2013, 08:35:11 pm »

Okay, noted. I already know what Scriver's putting in so far, but he may put more in so...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 01, 2013, 08:52:14 pm »

How do you feel about turning into a bear?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 01, 2013, 08:53:03 pm »

And able to fly. Can't forget that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 01, 2013, 09:07:01 pm »

Lets start practical with our pirate lair. We need an uninhabited island, with a nice harbor with a large sea cave, so we can stash our boat. We can turn our prisoners into miners, and have them go around building our quarters and vault.
+1

Then we'll kill them.
Um.

I still think the most practical start is to capture and co-opt some settlement of some monsterous race nobody would care to protect. Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Gnolls, Orcs, ect. That way we wont have to build as much. I'm sure we will be able to perform a few raids and rack up a good deal of money before anybody cares enough to come after us on our own turf, so hidden would be nice but not essential.
How would we control them when we were out?

I'm putting my WIP flock here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or a diviner. We have a Numbers Man, we could use a Contessa.
...One of us needs to find some spell, class ability, or something that lets us be Cauldron. Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

I'm going to say no, because that way you have to do a bit more tactical construction.
That's a silly reason.
Oh, and I started playing with the timestamp. What fun.
Quote from: Jesus date=-63072000000
I am the Way, the Test, and the Life.
Dammit.

It's all been claimed by one of the two empires. They let Wavebreak be though, because it isn't good practice to desecrate mystic temples, especially one's who have lots of connections, and Rickshaw is the favorite hangout spot of most explorers, pirates, privateers, adventurers, and such, so it's crazy hard to actually assault directly. Also, any more monstrous populations still standing haven't been worth subjugating yet (and are far away enough from the Sil-Merrion).
No private/noble/etc ownership of small islands, etc?

CAN I HAVE A WYRMLING FOR A THRALL?
Better not be metallic.

And there's no point recruiting from the standard "Civilised/good" races, besides, that's just boring, I mean, we got a whole variety of different creatures and you want humans?
* Taricus keelhaul's scriver
* Kre!aqil aka Whale-Person helps
* GreatWymrGold discovers a new tag

Anyway, anyone on team evil, please restate your ship fund contributions, I'll put it in a text file and PM Remuthra the link so he can edit it into the OP so we don't keep scrabling around to find all that money.
I still need to figure out what I'm buying for myself...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 01, 2013, 09:28:44 pm »

Speaking of monks, I remembered we get free LA if we play them. Can I play a Wyrmling Brass Dragon Monk?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 01, 2013, 09:40:18 pm »

-Snip-
Nope. The believers are chosen followers who are trained to serve you, but the thralls are just random whatever happened to be around. Thus, you have some control over your believers' skillsets, but you get an infinite supply of thralls that you don't have to go searching for.
Okay, I get it now. You'll assign me a Thrall.

Lets start practical with our pirate lair. We need an uninhabited island, with a nice harbor with a large sea cave, so we can stash our boat. We can turn our prisoners into miners, and have them go around building our quarters and vault.
+1

Then we'll kill them.
Um.

I'm putting my WIP flock here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or a diviner. We have a Numbers Man, we could use a Contessa.
...One of us needs to find some spell, class ability, or something that lets us be Cauldron. Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

CAN I HAVE A WYRMLING FOR A THRALL?
Better not be metallic.

I still need to figure out what I'm buying for myself...
1. What did you expect? I'm a Psionic cult leader, who can replace all of his followers in 24 hours. I value the life of prisoners until they have out lived their usefulness.
2a. On it.
2b. I can actually do something like that. Psychic Chirurgery grants me the ability to implant psionic powers into others.
3. Remuthra shot that down. :'(
4. I've got to shell out for my cult's weapons and armor. I'll let you know what I can contribute after that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 01, 2013, 09:44:29 pm »

That depends on the equipment. But as a bonus for working with team evil, you get ALL weapons and armour at a third of the price! (Benefits of working with a blacksmith.)

Though I would ask that you keep your followers as non-combatants, mainly because we can recruit 4th level NPCs to serve as out actual crew.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 01, 2013, 09:49:03 pm »

Okay. I'll just make them all Experts, except for a diviner and a bodyguard. Who wants an assistant?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 01, 2013, 09:56:11 pm »

Better off making the thrall a bodyguard. They'd have more HP atleast.. A full-time gallery staff (AKA cooks) Would be good, though having carpenters and woodcutters would be nice as well (Could even make them have both woodcutting and carpentry.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 01, 2013, 09:56:22 pm »

2b. I can actually do something like that. Psychic Chirurgery grants me the ability to implant psionic powers into others.
Meh. You need to be psionic to use it, and Cauldron wouldn't be much if it just gave Scion or Eidolon more powers, now would it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57