Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115754 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #630 on: November 01, 2013, 03:42:33 pm »

We don't exactly need a sea cave. Just the harbour and an uninhabited island. So long as it's out of the way we shouldn't be found.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 01, 2013, 03:49:58 pm »

Lets start practical with our pirate lair. We need an uninhabited island, with a nice harbor with a large sea cave, so we can stash our boat. We can turn our prisoners into miners, and have them go around building our quarters and vault. Then we'll kill them.

Remuthra, whats the law out here about claiming property?

I still think the most practical start is to capture and co-opt some settlement of some monsterous race nobody would care to protect. Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Gnolls, Orcs, ect. That way we wont have to build as much. I'm sure we will be able to perform a few raids and rack up a good deal of money before anybody cares enough to come after us on our own turf, so hidden would be nice but not essential.

If we have a Launch we can just burry loot we cannot sell right away on whatever island we encounter. On that note, can you work some shovels into the budget Tar?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 01, 2013, 03:52:00 pm »

Team Evil functions just like a corporation. Who would've thought.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 01, 2013, 03:54:55 pm »

There's a reason we're evil Nerjin  8)

And that seems reasonable Weird, It's not going to be a large settlement but it's a stepping stone. And I should be able to budget some shovels in.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 01, 2013, 03:58:39 pm »

At least we will be a privately owned corporation. I have no intention to bend knee to any damn shareholder.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 01, 2013, 04:01:56 pm »

Or we could do it the drow way. AKA take the shareholder's money, then kill said shareholder :P

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 01, 2013, 04:05:45 pm »

I'm putting my WIP flock here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Also, Remuthra, can my fighters switch Ride and Handle Animal for Use Rope and Profession (Sailor)?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:12:25 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 01, 2013, 04:25:20 pm »

I think you just use the following array for NPCs: 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2013, 04:27:56 pm »

A few more questions Remuthra, then I'll stop for the time being. What's the average population of a settlement out here, and what are the largest cities here? Also, what's the climate here like?

Finally Have you done anything in regards to the Drow? I may not have done anything pertaining to my background yet, but I do intend to work on it and this constitutes a large part of it.
Not really, although they would probably be located somewhere on the Eastern Continent (which I haven't really defined yet), and most elves are evil, so...

Can we get a ruling on this, Remuthra?
Crates are really just barrels in disguise.

I would love to say that my flock isn't powergaming, but it kind of is. Well, I probably should be okay if Remuthra makes me pay for their equipment. They are only 5th and 1st level after all. I should be okay. Anyway, I am very weak in a one on one fight.
Yeah, you're currently first on my hitlist.

Hmmm, it would seem I may have spoken too soon on that non-caster thing. Damnit, Rogue, why you gotta lack Knowledge?
Oh, wait, a Ranger dip is perfect for that. Huzzah!

Hey, Rem, would it be possible for me to exchange Favoured Enemy (Whatever) for Favoured Environment (Aquatic)?
Also to exchange the class skill Knowledge (dungeoneering) for Knowledge (architecture and engineering)? Knowing about ship construction and the like seems a lot more related to the character than knowing about dungeons.
That seems kind of like taking Favored Enemy (Everything), so nau.
If you really want to. Keep in mind that Dungeoneering is the primary way to identify monsters and such.

On the topic of powergaming and optimization; I play a character completely based on sneak attacks, without having a clue of what kind of enemies we are  going to face.

Yes, I am really hoping we won't be mainly facing zombie pirates ;)
Who uses zombie pirates? Just use Drowned.

Oh yeah. Immateral, what skills would your followers have?
Well, that's a good question. If Remuthra lets me create them, then they will all have a level of Warrior or Fighter, with all possible skill points in Profession (Sailor), Use Rope, and Climb. But I could also pick up some of the specialized roles.
From the description, it wouldn't make much sense for you to pick them as opposed to enthralling some nearby person, would it? You can choose your first five believers, though (Although they need backstories and you need to tell how they came to you.)

Apologies for any confusion that may've caused. Anyway, I've updated my book-keeping on a lot of the notes I'm keeping for team evil, I'll plug a list here for everyone's perusal.

Spoiler: Links (click to show/hide)
I'll copy this to the OPs.

That's the plan, was going to build it out of masonry (Reinforced, but I'll ask Remuthra if I can combine the superior and reinforced masonry types, that'll keep anything from climbing the wall). The forge I should do actually, but I'd like to ask what everyone would like for their own little cluster first.

Also, we may want a launch for the Caravel, so we can go ashore without a proper dock and not wreck the ship in the process (Only 2000 gp for one as well too (Along with the crane), no reason not to take it.)
I'm going to say no, because that way you have to do a bit more tactical construction.

Lets start practical with our pirate lair. We need an uninhabited island, with a nice harbor with a large sea cave, so we can stash our boat. We can turn our prisoners into miners, and have them go around building our quarters and vault. Then we'll kill them.

Remuthra, whats the law out here about claiming property?
It's all been claimed by one of the two empires. They let Wavebreak be though, because it isn't good practice to desecrate mystic temples, especially one's who have lots of connections, and Rickshaw is the favorite hangout spot of most explorers, pirates, privateers, adventurers, and such, so it's crazy hard to actually assault directly. Also, any more monstrous populations still standing haven't been worth subjugating yet (and are far away enough from the Sil-Merrion).

They do indeed. Useful, that.

I'm putting my WIP flock here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Also, Remuthra, can my fighters switch Ride and Handle Animal for Use Rope and Profession (Sailor)?
RP reasons, as always.

I think you just use the following array for NPCs: 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8
Indeed you do!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 01, 2013, 04:42:58 pm »

CAN I HAVE A WYRMLING FOR A THRALL?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 01, 2013, 04:46:12 pm »

A few more questions Remuthra, then I'll stop for the time being. What's the average population of a settlement out here, and what are the largest cities here? Also, what's the climate here like?
You missed these two questions.

Other than that, everything's fine (I may not like the ruling on the walls, but all that means is that I have to layer them individually instead :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 01, 2013, 04:48:41 pm »

You missed these two questions.

Other than that, everything's fine (I may not like the ruling on the walls, but all that means is that I have to layer them individually instead :P
Huh, I thought I had answered that. Population is anywhere from a few hundred to hundreds of thousands. The biggest cities have already been mentioned in the Opening Lore.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 01, 2013, 04:49:42 pm »

You still missed the climate.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 01, 2013, 04:57:04 pm »

... (Reinforced, but I'll ask Remuthra if I can combine the superior and reinforced masonry types, that'll keep anything from climbing the wall). ...

You should do a ditch 10' deep, then 5' of ground, then your cheapest wall which is backfilled behind with the ditch dirt. This forces vehicles to go through your chosen chokepoint and gives your defenders a free ramp up to the parapet of your wall. Put a crappy tower in the middle. Hire some goobers and put a safe in the basement encased in stone so nobody can carry it out. Fill it with copper pieces and put your real base somewhere else in a duck blind inside a hollow tree.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 01, 2013, 05:28:38 pm »

You still missed the climate.
You said two questions, not three.

Cool temperate, with plenty of rain. Sort of like Seattle.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57