Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115742 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #585 on: November 01, 2013, 11:42:12 am »

Anyone know where we are getting the ship stats from? Seafarers Handbook?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 01, 2013, 11:53:19 am »

On the topic of powergaming and optimization; I play a character completely based on sneak attacks, without having a clue of what kind of enemies we are  going to face.

Yes, I am really hoping we won't be mainly facing zombie pirates ;)
Love, scriver~

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 01, 2013, 11:57:29 am »

Anyone know where we are getting the ship stats from? Seafarers Handbook?
I was using Stormwrack for the suggested list I made. I checked Arm's and Equipment as well but nothing stood out. Seafarer's handbook, not familiar with that? Also there's probably rules for ships somewhere in core if someone really wants to use them.

Ugh, the Illumian lore issua kinda killed my enthusiasm for my character. Fuck it, I'll go Beguiler as my race, free True Seeing is always nice.
There's a Beguiler race?
Yeah, Shining South, small magical beasts with true seeing a bonus to int and a big str penalty. Favoured snack of various ethereal beasties. Fun for when you want to play a Beguiler(Race) Beguiler(Class).

On the topic of powergaming and optimization; I play a character completely based on sneak attacks, without having a clue of what kind of enemies we are  going to face.

Might want to get an augment crystal or two.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 01, 2013, 12:00:56 pm »

Well, the prices for the ship augmentations I was pulling from the Arms and Equipment guide (Lots of lovely things there, also how I managed to count the logistics so easily as well.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 01, 2013, 12:02:59 pm »

Me too. I would suspect that they are invulnerable to Telepathy.

Oh, I just realized that I can turn damage I've taken into raw damage with a touch attack. Very fancy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 01, 2013, 12:05:55 pm »

Oh yeah. Immateral, what skills would your followers have?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 01, 2013, 12:06:28 pm »

I was using Stormwrack for the suggested list I made. I checked Arm's and Equipment as well but nothing stood out. Seafarer's handbook, not familiar with that? Also there's probably rules for ships somewhere in core if someone really wants to use them.
It's third party; FFG, as it happens.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 01, 2013, 12:11:09 pm »

Well, that's a good question. If Remuthra lets me create them, then they will all have a level of Warrior or Fighter, with all possible skill points in Profession (Sailor), Use Rope, and Climb. But I could also pick up some of the specialized roles.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 01, 2013, 12:14:38 pm »

Alright. I think I will be taking an Owl as my Animal Companion. I'll go with the bonus trick 'Come'. Other than that I don't have enough effective Druid Levels to give it anything a normal owl wouldn't have.

Well, that's a good question. If Remuthra lets me create them, then they will all have a level of Warrior or Fighter, with all possible skill points in Profession (Sailor), Use Rope, and Climb. But I could also pick up some of the specialized roles.

We need profession carpenter. If some of your thrall has that, I can give you the master carpenter position.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 01, 2013, 12:16:38 pm »

Well, after obtaining a copy of Stormwrack, I may change a few plans. Though the ship can hold about 30 people now (Thank you Demoonic Spoon), and has about 30 tons less cargo.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 01, 2013, 12:27:38 pm »

We need profession carpenter. If some of your thrall has that, I can give you the master carpenter position.
I'll start drafting their sheet. I'm going to have them take some training in surgeon and tailor too, just to be safe and thematic. I'm going to let us hire a cook, since I don't really want to sacrifice one of my flock for that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 01, 2013, 12:31:56 pm »

Probably for the best, otherwise there would be too many kool-aid jokes :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 01, 2013, 12:39:07 pm »

Are your thralls capable of... "high functioning" independent thought? Because we probably don't want our high rank guys to not be. They're there to make decisions and give advice and such ;)

Alright. I think I will be taking an Owl as my Animal Companion. I'll go with the bonus trick 'Come'. Other than that I don't have enough effective Druid Levels to give it anything a normal owl wouldn't have.

I do think I recall one of the houserules saying that rangers' companions advance like druids'.
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 01, 2013, 12:42:15 pm »

Also, after reading through the stormwrack book, I'll be switching position from Botswain to master-at-arms. Mainly because I don't have any ranks in Profession (Sailor)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 01, 2013, 12:49:26 pm »

I do think I recall one of the houserules saying that rangers' companions advance like druids'.

For realzies? Hrmm... I guess I can take a Dire Bat then. Which is not quite a bird.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57