Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115869 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #450 on: October 31, 2013, 12:41:06 pm »

Hehe, I think we did. Or atleast posted them a nanosecond apart so :P

And in any case, any engagement between the two parties would be bloody, and quite likely end in a victory for team evil (35 AC and a bucketload of crossbows, woo)

I woundn't be so sure, I have a few ideas on how to bypass that with just my armor and greatsword....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 31, 2013, 12:41:23 pm »

@Gwg: I have to admit, that's an awesome character concept...
Mind if I ask what's so awesome about it?

Hrmm, what, huh.

Oh! :V

It's just the concept of an aquatic shaman-which is pretty sweet in concept-your character is, for all intents and purposes, witnessing the world through an alien viewpoint. It's also the sort of unique character I like-coincidentally, it's actually a theoretical mash up of two of my favorite RP characters-one of which was spirit shaman and the other was a merwoman. :P

I mean, it just really fires the imagination, doesn't it? You made a character I would love to play. And for that, I love you. As a friend.

Tldr is awesome!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 31, 2013, 12:43:59 pm »

Hmmm, in the end, I think I'll stick with Vodya.  A windwitch is always useful, after all, makes more sense aboard a ship, and doesn't have the serious issues with code of conduct association that may appear if our crews ever have to work together on some archipelago-spanning crisis.  Plus, her sheet is closer to completion.
Just dont turn this into Pirates of the Caribeenan: At World's End.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 31, 2013, 12:45:02 pm »

+4 enhancement, means the armour has a hardness of 23. You're going to have to hit it a little harder than that :P

Besides, I could pick you up and THROW YOU OFF THE SHIP! :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 31, 2013, 12:50:38 pm »

Did I say anything at all about actually fighting you? :P

Besides, I can handle being thrown off a ship just fine(deepdweller armor and aquatic greatsword FTW!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 31, 2013, 01:00:39 pm »

Well, you wouldn't exactly be boarding just anyone now would you :P

And it's not the water you have to worry about so much as it is getting back onto the ships :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 31, 2013, 01:07:24 pm »

Hmmm, in the end, I think I'll stick with Vodya.  A windwitch is always useful, after all, makes more sense aboard a ship, and doesn't have the serious issues with code of conduct association that may appear if our crews ever have to work together on some archipelago-spanning crisis.  Plus, her sheet is closer to completion.
Just dont turn this into Pirates of the Caribeenan: At World's End.
Don't worry, I'm going Stormcaller, not Sea Witch.  Though, I could summon up some hurricanes once I hit Stormcaller 8...

Oh, say, I do have a question.  I know I disregarded my notion earlier, but may I use a merfolk with LA buy-off?  If I have it right, a +1 LA can be bought off with 3000 EXP at ECL 4 (class level 3), which would put me at Level 5 with 12k EXP instead of Level 6 with 15k EXP.  Essentially, I think I can make it work on land as well using Extend Spell and Fins to Feet (caster level 5 x 2 = 10 hr duration), so if possible, I would like to go with my original plan.  ^_^

((Oh, also, is this accurate?  I know Dandiwiki has a bit of a reputation for mixing homebrew and core))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:10:34 pm by Culise »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 31, 2013, 01:12:35 pm »

Well, you wouldn't exactly be boarding just anyone now would you :P

And it's not the water you have to worry about so much as it is getting back onto the ships :P
Jump:
1 standard action.
Touch.
1 min/level.
Subject gets +10 to Jump checks, which is increased to +20 at CL5.

It's called A. Jumping onto rigging from your rigging, or, B. Jumping from your deck to their deck. We might have people with wings, but I can jump onto them and kill them in midair, if they fail a DC 18 Fort. save.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 31, 2013, 01:16:32 pm »

So guys. I've had this build idea in my head for a while now, and I wanted to just say it. Particularly because it gets much improved with these rules.

Monk build. Two weapon fighting. Rapid shot. Flurry of blows. The whole point of the buikd is that you become a shuriken machine gun. The damage is in the shurikens. +1 Teleporting (originally I had been thinking of Wounding since it was for a lvl 20 build for which reducing your foe's constitution would probably be the fastest way to kill them, but for this it'd probably be a collection of +1d6 damage enhancements) Shurikens.

At level six you can launch 8 of them per round, if I'm reading the rules right. Throw in Haste and you get 2 more. Each with +2d6 damage, quite cheap(comparatively; they're handled as ammo so cost 1/50 as much individually; get 10 +4 ones, still cheaper than +2 other weapon) and being magic weapons, don't get destroyed on hitting the targets. Of course, you guys can probably come up with ways to improve this build, find items that add damage to all of it, etc.. Since it relies on already really crappy damage to just serve as carriers for the damage on them, MAD is reduced to merely Dex, Con, and maybe Wis. With Zen Archery, could even just be Wis and Con. If you so chose. Would be very nice if you could find a way to apply unarmed damage while doing this, or other such shenanigans.
Downside is the many hit penalties that start adding up when you do this. Can't do Splitting, either. :(

What do you think?

Carmendine Monk, Swashbuckler, Master Thrower.  Swashbuckler 3 gives Int to damage, Carmendine Monk gives Int to stuff instead of Wis, Master Thrower 1 allows throwing twice as many Shuriken (and Master Thrower 5 allows targeting Touch AC.)

Also, d20 srd says shuriken act exactly as ammunition, which is destroyed on hit and on 50% of misses. The section on magic ammo reiterates that magical ammo acts the same way. Weapon properties like Returning and Teleporting are probably meant for throwing axes etc. which count as regular weapons (not destroyed with use).

I'm sure there's a weapon property out the that makes ammo reusable. Someone has to know this, right?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 31, 2013, 01:17:23 pm »

That checks out as being from the SRD, I'd say you're good.

And I meant from the water back onto a ship Immaterial :P

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 31, 2013, 01:20:14 pm »

I would probably still be able to jump from the water with a +23.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 31, 2013, 01:25:16 pm »

I doubt you could jump while floating in water though, just saying :P

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 31, 2013, 01:27:19 pm »

Note to self: Chum the water. :p

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 31, 2013, 01:28:17 pm »

@Taricus. Swim down under the surface, and try to build up speed while returning to the surface. Then use Jump to determine how well you can jump while coming out of the water.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 31, 2013, 01:29:46 pm »

You'd need a VERY high swim speed for that, not jump.

And Weird, that's just horribly cruel. It is effective though so I support it, as long as those sharks are hungry for more food :P
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57