Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115881 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #345 on: October 30, 2013, 08:25:26 pm »

You know what's less good alighned? The middle of the ocean on a boat.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 30, 2013, 08:26:04 pm »

True enough. Where in a boat?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 30, 2013, 08:26:58 pm »

Yeah, that doesn't give us anything to go on in terms of plot. But yeah, that'd be great Remuthra, So long as Weird agrees to such an idea.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 30, 2013, 08:29:13 pm »

Here, let me help out the evil team for a second here. See that village over there? With all the nice young kids and the old people? Go there. Say hello to the children. Admire the modern art. Enjoy a bonfire. Not enough wood? Use their houses and their bodies and anything not useful to you.

Alternatively you could do something less cliche. BUT I'm sure once you slaughter the village elder his daughter or something will let slip important facts that will set you onto the right path.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 30, 2013, 08:30:38 pm »

Why would we leave them alive for whatever reason, and why would we talk to them as well?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 30, 2013, 08:35:32 pm »

You don't. You kill him, she, having hidden herself at his behest, leaps from the shadows to attack one of you when you kill him. She will let slip something about "X of utmost importance!" and you kill her because why not? But tha tpeaks your curiousity. Utmost importance would get you a lot of cash. So you go to port for your men to do their thing. While there you inquire around for the plot.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 30, 2013, 08:37:56 pm »

That... seems a little too cliche though :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 30, 2013, 08:38:37 pm »

Here, let me help out the evil team for a second here. See that village over there? With all the nice young kids and the old people? Go there. Say hello to the children. Admire the modern art. Enjoy a bonfire. Not enough wood? Use their houses and their bodies and anything not useful to you.

Alternatively you could do something less cliche. BUT I'm sure once you slaughter the village elder his daughter or something will let slip important facts that will set you onto the right path.
Driving question...
Why?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 30, 2013, 08:43:28 pm »

Oh, I'm sorry. I must've made a mistake. I thought the EVIL team would want to be EVIL and slaughter the villagers and take their stuff. Pardon me waiter! I appear to have made a mistake. Please put this kitten in the tree so that the EVIL PIRATES can help it down and maybe afterwards they'll make cookies for the homeless and donate 50% of their income to the village I had pointed out for slaughter...

Do you get my point?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 30, 2013, 08:44:44 pm »

Rem, do you have an flavor text for a coastal barbarian tribe? I wanted to make my char a consecrated warrior of such....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 30, 2013, 08:45:47 pm »

Which coast, which race, what sort of culture?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 30, 2013, 08:46:41 pm »

@Rolepgeek: My reading of it was that running while flying was something that you started being able to do at HD 10. A careful re-reading of the entry reveals that the requirement is "able to fly" and not HD 10. Apparently they put that rule in the HD 10 paragraph due to bad editing.

So yeah, if you can run while you fly, then you're looking at 140' of elevation in a single round. Which is pretty sweet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 30, 2013, 08:49:46 pm »

More northernish(but not icy!), Human, and seasonal hunters and fishermen(with semi-permanent campsites and lodges)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 30, 2013, 08:50:33 pm »

Oh, I'm sorry. I must've made a mistake. I thought the EVIL team would want to be EVIL and slaughter the villagers and take their stuff. Pardon me waiter! I appear to have made a mistake. Please put this kitten in the tree so that the EVIL PIRATES can help it down and maybe afterwards they'll make cookies for the homeless and donate 50% of their income to the village I had pointed out for slaughter...

Do you get my point?
That depends if the village is ours. Don't kill the golden goose and all :P

Even if it isn't though, I'd think we'd be a little too busy pillaging and razing things to listen to many ramblings from the victims.

@Grek: I can't tempt you back to the dark side at all?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 30, 2013, 08:52:24 pm »

So, the big things I'd like to changes are this;

Lose Flawless Stride; Gain Aerial Ace (Ex) instead; Improves Flight Maneuverability by 1 step, can move through any sort of airborne hazard(such as netting, vines, or strong wind) that slows movement at her normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. This ability does not let her move more quickly through terrain that slows movement or requires a Climb or Swim check to navigate if she is not airborne, nor can she move more quickly through terrain or hazards that has been magically manipulated to impede motion. She loses this benefit when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.

I also don't like Trackless Step, but I don't know what kind of ability I'd replace it with. One that increases skirmish range(Skyborne Hunter? Death From Above?)? One that has to do with gliding(Ride the Winds?)? A bonus feat? Something relating to stealth whilst flying?

Also, Leo, that's good mechanically, but don't forget that it talks about Ineffective Weapons and Vulnerability to Certain Attacks. Also that breaking it doesn't mean blowing it into bits, there's logistical issues with a battle axe versus a wood chopping axe, etc. etc.

For example, a battle axe is gonna get dull a hell of a lot faster than a wood chopping axe when chopping wood. Just as a wood chopping axe is going to be far less wieldy than a battle axe in combat. They're made differently, even if going by pure mechanics it works the same. But it's not pure mechanics, of course.

So yes, it requires DM judgement. Or player judgement when the players aren't being rules lawyers. >.>
Fakeedit: Nerjin, there is such a thing as pragmatic evil. And insane =/= evil. Just similar.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57