Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115916 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2013, 03:19:07 pm »

1. It's on my copy, I'm 90% sure I saved it since.

2. That's the one thing you're focused on?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2013, 03:19:53 pm »

Well, I can't really give my opinions on the rest of it since there's nothing there :B
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2013, 03:21:18 pm »

Still working on my character, reading up on basic optimization and use guides, and the like - given our Mad Magic Missile Bomber, I think the gameplay is likely to go to a higher optimization level than I'm used to.  I'm thinking a spellcaster is probably better, but I'm wondering: Harbingerjm, would you prefer a divine or arcane caster?  I'm trying to get a feel for what major roles we're still missing on our ship.
Either is fine, really, currently we have a lot of role vacancies.

Erm Demonic? Malconvoker requires a character to be non-evil...
I believe he got GM permission for that.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2013, 03:23:17 pm »

I don't recall such, but if someone gives me evidense on that, I'll correct myself.

And Culise, it's optimised, but you shouldn't see the worst. Well, if the GM banned tier one classes.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2013, 03:26:37 pm »

Erm Demonic? Malconvoker requires a character to be non-evil...
I believe he got GM permission for that.
Yes

I don't recall such, but if someone gives me evidense on that, I'll correct myself.
Wait, we're going pirates? ...interesting.

Question for the GM, can I waive malconvoker's alignment restrictions as well?
Yes to all, sure thing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2013, 03:28:34 pm »

Well, I can't really give my opinions on the rest of it since there's nothing there :B
Again, why focus on the missing race?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2013, 03:30:21 pm »

And I stand corrected. Though still, I don't exactly approve of the decision to boost your wizard caster levels when that class happens to be horribly overpowered... (Wizard, not any of the prestige classes)

@GWG: Well, can't calc stat bonuses or the like. Not that it matters now since there is one (Though if someone can point me to a resource that has that race I would be happy)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2013, 03:40:33 pm »

And I stand corrected. Though still, I don't exactly approve of the decision to boost your wizard caster levels when that class happens to be horribly overpowered... (Wizard, not any of the prestige classes)
I don't understand exactly what you mean or are referring to?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2013, 03:49:44 pm »

The tier system. It's a rough overview of the power levels of most classes. Wizards happen to be in the first tier along with clerics and druids, which indicated that they can easily break a game. I can provide a link to the whole thing if you'd like.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2013, 03:51:27 pm »

Possible Ship Names
S.S. Yes-Yes
S.S. Titan Destroyer
S.S. Gru-KaGeBoom
S.S. Never Sink
S.S. Coffer-Sir
S.S. Glub Glub
S.S. Fishbowl
S.S. Lookout
S.S. Night-Rider
S.S. Kraken Hat
S.S. Sicily
S.S. Nerjin
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2013, 03:53:01 pm »

Steamship doesn't work for a caravel :P

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2013, 03:54:02 pm »

With how pretty all your people are [in my head] the term steam ship seemed appropriate. That and I don't know what S.S. stands for.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2013, 03:56:28 pm »

SS on a ship stands for steamship, or atleast a ship powered via steam.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2013, 04:11:59 pm »

Yes to all, sure thing.
Hmmm... Two questions:
If I take the +3 LA (blech) half-dragon template on a medium character, can it give wings (that large restriction is... rather silly)?
Would a level in Swashbuckler also grant a level of free LA?

So, I just realized that the name "Torik the Red Handed" works way better if I run around strangling people than if I run around chopping people with axes. So now my weapon of choice is the gauntlet, and I traded out those silly spellcasting feats for Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple. Standard MO is to grab the enemy by the throat and keep squeezing.
Actually, you'd probably end up with redder hands if you chopped them with axes.
Because of the blood.
Yes, and not necessarily, as the free LA thing is really to try and keep everyone on more similar power levels.

Alright. Here is the sheet so far.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=693375
How did you qualify for Dread Pirate at level 4?  ???

If you want to use any of the established setting stuff, let me know so I can give you OOC knowledge about the topics in question.
Could you give me the name and some information on an Illumian Quill Cabal? Preferably one that got wiped out by fiends leaving my character as one of the only survivors giving me a convenient tragic past backstory. Then I'd use this as a motivation for my demonbinding tendencies, because I take a sick pleasure in forcing those like the ones who destroyed my home to serve me. If such a cabal doesn't exist then just a Quill Cabal will suffice. This is if it's okay for me to play a Illumian of course.

Also, you're fine with me playing a demon summoner who will eventually start making regular use of the planar bind line of spells right? I won't pull off any wish shenanigans or anything.
I have insurance policies for that, so yes, use your judgement.

Alright. Here is the sheet so far.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=693375

How did you qualify for Dread Pirate at level 4?  ???

Weird was allowed to swap out Ride and Survival in return for Use Rope and Appraisal as Class Skills, which let him get the necessary skill ranks when combined with his positive INT modifier.  Ranger gets the necessary BAB progression, and getting two feats by level 6 is typical.  As for the ship, with 1.5 WBL, he can afford the ship himself just with a third of his starting wealth, even if the rest of the crew wasn't chipping in as well. 

Still working on my character, reading up on basic optimization and use guides, and the like - given our Mad Magic Missile Bomber, I think the gameplay is likely to go to a higher optimization level than I'm used to.  I'm thinking a spellcaster is probably better, but I'm wondering: Harbingerjm, would you prefer a divine or arcane caster?  I'm trying to get a feel for what major roles we're still missing on our ship. 
Well, the Missile Bomber was nerfed quite a bit, to be fair.

The tier system. It's a rough overview of the power levels of most classes. Wizards happen to be in the first tier along with clerics and druids, which indicated that they can easily break a game. I can provide a link to the whole thing if you'd like.
I'm sort of relying on a sense of player fairness here. If someone's horribly overpowered, though, I will simply use one of several techniques I have prepared to attempt an assassination. If they survive that, they deserve to be overpowered.

@Lore Request: I'm sorry, Illumians are mostly manufactured elven mind-slaves (Elves in this setting are mostly Lawful Evil). The ones that are free, though, would probably set themselves up either on Rickshaw or back West.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2013, 04:16:46 pm »

...Question: Are the other players allowed to attempt said assassination themselves? >.>
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57